Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by nimrod3277
Assuming I do the exp CR freeze to get expedited shipping (and then triple-dip before the end of the year), would you consider this card to be worth it if I'm not going to be able to trigger the extra 50k in points?
Well that's up to you
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:51 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ymx
But my business is a corp...
My business is a corporation and my spouse has no connection to it. She applies for business cards in her own name, no reason to use any EIN or assert any connection to my business.

Last edited by mia; Dec 10, 2016 at 5:02 am
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by mia
My business is a corporation and my spouse has no connection to it. She applies for business card in her own name, no reason to use any EIN or assert any connection to my business.
We are probably going to give this a try. That would give us 5 amex platinums at the moment!
Old Dec 16, 2016, 11:35 am

To answer the question above, plastiq does frequently (always?) split the payment into the base amount and the fee, so to get the 1.5x, you want to make sure that the base amount is > or = $5k. Same with tax payments through the IRS authorized sites.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by paradox
I have a large payment due for season tickets to a sports team. Unfortunately, the team does not accept American Express. Three questions:

1) Would there be an issue using Plastiq, paying with AmEx to have a check sent to the team? That's not using the card to buy a cash equivalent, is it?

2) If the Plastiq payment were allowed, should I make the payment in the amount of $5125 ($5000 payment + 2.5% Plastiq fee of $125), so it shows up as a $5000 payment qualifying for the 50 percent bonus? Or am I reading too much into the requirements and being overly cautious?

3) Is it possible to receive the number immediately, so I can initiate the Plastiq check right away? The deadline for my first installment is soon, and I'd hate to miss out on using Plastiq, because it'll be difficult to meet the minimum spend if I couldn't use it for all the installments.
Following up on my post with things I learned from online chat support:

1) Using Plastiq for the tickets is fine.
2) The rep advised me to make a $5125 payment to Plastiq, to make sure I meet the $5K min for the 50% bonus points. I'm not sure whether was due to an abundance of caution or whether it's a hard rule that the amount paid after fees to the recipient must exceed $5K. Her wording made it seem like I should do that just to be safe, but then she cut and pasted a section from the terms and conditions discussing this. Better safe than sorry, so $5000 plus Plastiq fee it was.
3) I was instructed to call after approval to see if the card could be expedited. When I made that call, I was told that was not possible and to expect the card in 5-7 business days. It arrived in two business days. That was a happy surprise.

BONUS: I was unaware that Plastiq codes as a small business, so it'll earn double MR before Dec 31st. I'll pay some installments on the tickets before the end of the year to A) meet the minimum spend and B) earn more double points. After the $15K minimum spend, I should have 137,500 MR, if my math is right.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I've seen reports that the 100k offer expires on January 25 2017. I want to apply as late as possible to give myself time in 2018 to get the airline reimbursements before I have to pay the annual fee. Is it safe to apply January 24 or 25? My fear is that if it takes them a few days to approve the card, they could deny the 100k bonus because it was no longer available when the card was approved.
Old Dec 18, 2016, 11:34 pm

I just applied for the AMEX Business Plat at 10 pm PST tonight (Sunday). After entering all my info and submitting it, I got a message that the system is down and can't process the info, and to try back another time or call a 1800 number. I called the number and couldn't connect to someone because it's not business hours. I prefer to apply online, but if I do it tomorrow, will it be a second hard pull? Did I get a hard pull to begin with if the system is down?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:22 am

Same poster as above-- I was approved automatically before I could call the next morning. Strange, since the wording made it seem like the application never went through.

In any case, the approve was on Sunday 12/18 night. I called the next day to have it expedited and like others, I was told that once it’s approved online, it can’t be expedited. The automated machine said I would get the card on 1/2/17, but the first line agent said I would get it by 12/29 at the latest. I asked to speak to customer service for new cards, and that agent told me business cards come in 2-3 business days. I’ve read a few people above say they got it in a couple days without AU trick, but are others getting their cards >1 week after application?
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I called the next day to have it expedited and like others, I was told that once it’s approved online, it can’t be expedited. The automated machine said I would get the card on 1/2/17, but the first line agent said I would get it by 12/29 at the latest. I asked to speak to customer service for new cards, and that agent told me business cards come in 2-3 business days. I’ve read a few people above say they got it in a couple days without AU trick, but are others getting their cards >1 week after application?
Amex claims (at least to me) that the reason you cannot expedite a card after an online application is approved is because the system freezes the application and it's a way to prevent fraud.

I found that reasoning pretty moronic, considering there is a loophole via the AU route. I tried calling to expedite even though there are DP's that said it wasn't possible. The DP is consistent as I wasn't able to expedite. So, I took the loophole route via their chat service. I chatted with them and had them expedite 2 free green cards (one under my name). It was a simple process and I didn't have to speak to anyone on the phone. I even added an additional platinum card. The funny thing about all this is that I received all my cards in a few days except my own Platinum card. My platinum card came in a week after I was approved for the application. I even got my Priority Pass before my Platinum card!

The green cards also count toward minimum spend and or any card (plat, gold, green) you add as an AU. I'd try to chat with them asap to add yourself as a green card, that way you can take advantage of the triple dip. GL.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 4:18 pm

When I got my card it came standard USPS about 5-7 days later. They don't appear to be overnighting the cards anymore.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 9:44 am

...that agent told me business cards come in 2-3 business days. I’ve read a few people above say they got it in a couple days without AU trick, but are others getting their cards >1 week after application?
I applied late at night Thursday, 12/15, and the card arrived by UPS Monday afternoon, 12/19. Oddly enough, my additional cardholder's Green card, which I requested at the time of on-line application, arrived by regular mail on the 22nd.

So you may well get it in the next couple of days.

Seth
Old Dec 26, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Same poster as above-- I was approved automatically before I could call the next morning. Strange, since the wording made it seem like the application never went through.

In any case, the approve was on Sunday 12/18 night. I called the next day to have it expedited and like others, I was told that once it’s approved online, it can’t be expedited. The automated machine said I would get the card on 1/2/17, but the first line agent said I would get it by 12/29 at the latest. I asked to speak to customer service for new cards, and that agent told me business cards come in 2-3 business days. I’ve read a few people above say they got it in a couple days without AU trick, but are others getting their cards >1 week after application?
Mine was applied for on 12/22 and received on 12/24 but I had a snail mail offer for 75k w/ 5k spend and 100k with 10k and it showed on the application approval that it would arrive in 2-3 days, I assumed that was just normal for this card.

BTW, does anyone know if the airline credit received count towards the minimum spend requirement?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by JRV62
BTW, does anyone know if the airline credit received count towards the minimum spend requirement?
i have heard mixed answers on this. better not to risk it but just spend the extra $200 required to meet min spend.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:18 pm

is it possible to get 2 business cards per day from Amex?

thinking abt combing this app (amex biz plat 100K) with amex blue for biz
Old Jan 8, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
is it possible to get 2 business cards per day from Amex?

thinking abt combing this app (amex biz plat 100K) with amex blue for biz
Yes. I did this exact same thing and was approved in October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.