Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USA Business Platinum Offer 100k/$5k+$10k - PUBLIC

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Superorb
UPS ground or overnight? I wonder how many complaints they got for snail mailing a $450 card.
It was UPS Next Day Air Saver. I got a UPS My Choice alert that I had a scheduled delivery from "FDR - ECR -AUTOMATED", which has to have some Amex tie in since that was my Personal Plat.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by roundtree
It was UPS Next Day Air Saver. I got a UPS My Choice alert that I had a scheduled delivery from "FDR - ECR -AUTOMATED", which has to have some Amex tie in since that was my Personal Plat.
I hope this is how they're doing things going forward. I was pissed and missed out on almost 12k in spend that I'm now struggling to meet. Biz spend for me is high in 4Q but low in 1Q.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 2:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
I hope this is how they're doing things going forward. I was pissed and missed out on almost 12k in spend that I'm now struggling to meet. Biz spend for me is high in 4Q but low in 1Q.
Well, they seem to be sending new Biz Platinum cards by snail mail (still? again??). I got approved on 1/17, and just checked the mail today. Still no card, and nothing on My UPS. Have some business taxes due soon which will go a long ways towards the $15k minimum spend, so hopefully the card will make it here by the payment deadline. Snail mail for a $450 platinum card, seeeriously, Amex....
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LR2013
...approved on 1/17, and just checked the mail today. Still no card, ...
Approved 18th, 5pm EST, delivered today, FedEx.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
Approved 18th, 5pm EST, delivered today, FedEx.
Thank you for the datapoint. Did you request rush delivery? Chat agent told me today that they'd only expedite if requested at time of approval. My personal Platinum was overnighted without request.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:48 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LR2013
... Did you request rush delivery?
No.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 10:17 pm

So Amex will sometimes send via UPS or Fedex or USPS snail mail. Seems to be totally random.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:24 am

I got it by usps . So definitely not overnight. I m surprises for a premium card like this that it wasn't expedited . I mean we are paying $450 for annual fee, not $45
Old Jan 23, 2017, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Business as usual... you're fine to apply under the same business using different SS numbers. You can even refer your wife and get referral points for doing so.
Should I be using the same business income for my wife's application even though it's a sole prop and her name is not on the business? Obviously annual income stated would be the same as we file a joint return.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 6:11 am

Wife applied for the Biz Plat last night. Auto approved, welcome email said card would be here in two business days.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by roundtree
Just another DP for the bonus (and the 1.5x):

Card approved/received in October
Made large purchase (over 5K) on 11/19.
Charge cleared on 11/21.
100K and 1.5x bonus posted on 11/23.
1x points from base earning won't post until statement after next (based on Oct earnings).
So your welcome or "sign up" bonus posted mid cycle? I'm asking b/c my statement closed within a week of my getting the card and I didn't quite get to $5k. If I hit $5k in this cycle, will I have to wait for statement closing to get first 50k MR or will they go ahead and post (I'm not concerned about regular MR for spending, just the bonus).
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:17 am

I called AMEX yesterday before I applied, and the rep said I can expect to get the card in 3 business days. I hope that's correct. I leave town on Monday morning.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I called AMEX yesterday before I applied, and the rep said I can expect to get the card in 3 business days. I hope that's correct. I leave town on Monday morning.
You should be able to call them to add an authorized user card and they can overnight that for free. That's what other people have done.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:17 pm

You should be able to call them to add an authorized user card and they can overnight that for free. That's what other people have done.
Yeah I read about that. I'm not in a rush to get the card so I can use it. I just don't UPS to leave it on floor to sit for a couple weeks. I suppose I can just contact UPS to hold onto it.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:25 pm

About the AU, I requested one online at time of approval. Will that one come at same time as the primary card, or separate? I didn't call to have that one expedited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.