Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2018, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Gig103
I wanted to look for that new streaming one and I haven't seen any new offers in a while and I see i'm at "100". Did we ever have resolution on here if I need to just start adding offers to allow new ones to pop up?
This is interesting. I too have 100 offers. 15 'accepted'. I usually don't bother accepting offers I'm not going to use - but it appears that strategy is limiting the offers I see since 100 seems to be the cap. I'm going to start accepting more so I see more offers.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
This is interesting. I too have 100 offers. 15 'accepted'. I usually don't bother accepting offers I'm not going to use - but it appears that strategy is limiting the offers I see since 100 seems to be the cap. I'm going to start accepting more so I see more offers.
I've done this already. I'm at 100 accepted offers with no new ones in days. :/
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Just an fyi to all here... I just discovered Chase also has "offers" similar to Amex. I never knew since they do not appear online but only via the app (which I used for the first time yesterday). So in case anyone else was unaware, worth logging into the app to get similar offers from Chase if you have chase ccs.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Just an fyi to all here... I just discovered Chase also has "offers" similar to Amex. I never knew since they do not appear online but only via the app (which I used for the first time yesterday). So in case anyone else was unaware, worth logging into the app to get similar offers from Chase if you have chase ccs.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ous-cards.html
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 4:59 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
There is a pair of offers from Bulgari, the jeweler, not the hotels, which requires a minimum spend to earn 10,000 MR points or $100. (Sorry, I do not recall the spend amount, ~$750.) I was able to use both offers for Christmas, and the fulfilment was excellent - the points and credit posted on the same day that the charges posted from pendings.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:37 am

Looks like Amex's web site had a bit too much to drink over New Years Eve. Seeing some strange Sync Offers show up that I'm not eligible for.

Across *all* of my cards - MR earning and non-MR earning alike - I'm seeing offers for 10% back at Lowe's, Dell, and Staples. Caveat is that only business cards are eligible for enrollment. Where it gets fun is that all of my cards with Amex are personal, not business.

Anyway, if you have business cards with Amex, go ahead and check your offers to see if you're properly eligible to enroll in these.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by weaseltown
Looks like Amex's web site had a bit too much to drink over New Years Eve. Seeing some strange Sync Offers show up that I'm not eligible for.

Across *all* of my cards - MR earning and non-MR earning alike - I'm seeing offers for 10% back at Lowe's, Dell, and Staples. Caveat is that only business cards are eligible for enrollment. Where it gets fun is that all of my cards with Amex are personal, not business.

Anyway, if you have business cards with Amex, go ahead and check your offers to see if you're properly eligible to enroll in these.
I'm seeing the same thing. Deals are offerred on all cards, but can only be added to one/SSN. An unattentive customer can sync an offer with a wrong card, make required purchases, maybe even get the rebate -- then 2-3 months later BAM: Merchant + RAT claw it all back!
Happy likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:41 am

I'm seeing a new-to-me-offer for the WSJ:

DETAILS

Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $185 or more online at wsj.com/amex by 4/26/2019. See terms for exclusions.
On both my Gold and Plat cards
Old Jan 3, 2019, 11:09 am

Only one 'Spend $xx get MR back' promo per PERSON?

I have a Business Gold that gets alot of "Spend $$$ and get MR back" offers.

I just opened a new Business Plat and linked the card to the same online account that Gold is in. But the plat does not get any MR back offers, just cashback.
For example. Gold card had Spend $500 at Tourneau and get 12500 pts back, while Plat had same offer but $125 back.

Opened a Schwab Plat card and linked it in to same online account. That card does not get MR offers too. I called Amex to unlink those two and made two separate online logins but it does not seem to change anything. I even created a new MR account to link the personal Schwab Plat card and separate it from my business spending reward.

Does Amex keep only one MR back offer PER person? How can I show multiple MR back offers?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 12:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Offers changed to one per person, regardless of the number of cards or online accounts, in August 2018. First report is HERE. You may see the same Offer on more than one card, but when registered it is removed from the others.

Cashback and points offers are separate. You can use both versions, but you cannot use either more than once (unless stipulated in the offer itself.)
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:27 pm

thanks for that. I don't follow those sites regularly so this was news.

time to link those cards back to one login.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 5:32 pm

thank you!
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:41 pm

So if I am an authorized user on my wife's amex blue both her and I can add the same offer correct? Me on my authorized user card and her on the primary card.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by gregoryfo
So if I am an authorized user on my wife's amex blue both her and I can add the same offer correct? Me on my authorized user card and her on the primary card.
Yes its one offer per person/SSN -- both of you can do the offer individually as long as its available on both cards
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregoryfo
Originally Posted by Jatan
Yes its one offer per person/SSN -- both of you can do the offer individually as long as its available on both cards
I just want to point out in last July Lowes 10% rebate offer, AMEX clawed back the statement credit when the primary card and the AU card both had used the same offer. The AU card used the offer first in July, the Primary card used it a month later in Aug. In Nov, the statement credit issued on the primary card in August was called back.

Note the claw back happened 3 months after the initial statement credit.

Another claw back went even crazier.

The Staples 10% offer was added to my husband's primary Business Plus card, and my primary Business Plus card. I am also an AU on his Business Plus card. We each used our own Primary Cards for the offer. Statement credits were issued, his transaction was in July while mine in August.
Fast forward to November, my statement credit was reversed!
Now, these are 2 different SSNs, and 2 different Primary Cards, but one person is also an AU on another person. The 2nd statement credit on a different SSN, own Primary Card, was reversed again 3 months after being issued.

I called AMEX on this. The first rep issued a dispute on the reversal. After 2 weeks still seeing the dispute not resolved I called back. This time a supervisor went over it in more details and cited with me that RAT made a mistake, "they may have confused because you are also an AU on your husband's account, so they decided to reverse the credit but you earned that on your OWN Primary card." Her words verbatim. She said she put in notes to escalate the dispute to the head of the queue for quick resolution.
After no words in 10 days I called again. The 3rd rep quickly took a look on the notes and immediately proceeded to request a credit adjustment which went right thru as CR ADJ FROM BILLING INQUIRY. The "dispute" just died by itself without ever a word communicate to me by any means.

So I would not be so sure to think that SSN is the only factor that determine the new algo of AMEX offer because our experiences indicate there are more than just SSNs being used to manage it.

You would need to be vigilant in the coming months to make sure AMEX does not do the claw back, and if it does, you fight back.

Last edited by Happy; May 27, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.