FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019
View Single Post
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:53 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gregoryfo
So if I am an authorized user on my wife's amex blue both her and I can add the same offer correct? Me on my authorized user card and her on the primary card.
Originally Posted by Jatan
Yes its one offer per person/SSN -- both of you can do the offer individually as long as its available on both cards
I just want to point out in last July Lowes 10% rebate offer, AMEX clawed back the statement credit when the primary card and the AU card both had used the same offer. The AU card used the offer first in July, the Primary card used it a month later in Aug. In Nov, the statement credit issued on the primary card in August was called back.

Note the claw back happened 3 months after the initial statement credit.

Another claw back went even crazier.

The Staples 10% offer was added to my husband's primary Business Plus card, and my primary Business Plus card. I am also an AU on his Business Plus card. We each used our own Primary Cards for the offer. Statement credits were issued, his transaction was in July while mine in August.
Fast forward to November, my statement credit was reversed!
Now, these are 2 different SSNs, and 2 different Primary Cards, but one person is also an AU on another person. The 2nd statement credit on a different SSN, own Primary Card, was reversed again 3 months after being issued.

I called AMEX on this. The first rep issued a dispute on the reversal. After 2 weeks still seeing the dispute not resolved I called back. This time a supervisor went over it in more details and cited with me that RAT made a mistake, "they may have confused because you are also an AU on your husband's account, so they decided to reverse the credit but you earned that on your OWN Primary card." Her words verbatim. She said she put in notes to escalate the dispute to the head of the queue for quick resolution.
After no words in 10 days I called again. The 3rd rep quickly took a look on the notes and immediately proceeded to request a credit adjustment which went right thru as CR ADJ FROM BILLING INQUIRY. The "dispute" just died by itself without ever a word communicate to me by any means.

So I would not be so sure to think that SSN is the only factor that determine the new algo of AMEX offer because our experiences indicate there are more than just SSNs being used to manage it.

You would need to be vigilant in the coming months to make sure AMEX does not do the claw back, and if it does, you fight back.

Last edited by Happy; May 27, 2019 at 12:47 pm