Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:09 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by lavidaesbella
.... Valid in-restaurant only would then signify buying a gift card online is excluded?
Agreed. The merchant account used to process online giftcards is likely different than the account used at the restaurants. However, you might be able to buy a giftcard in person at a restaurant, if they also sell them.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:12 pm

I just used an offer for Macy's I found on my PRG card. Spend $100, get 1,500 MR points, plus another offer to get 1 extra MR point for every dollar spent at Macy's, PLUS one of my shopping portals was offering an increase of 10 airline miles for every dollar spent. I have already been notified that I used my Amex offers. I love this time of year!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bellacricket
I just used an offer for Macy's I found on my PRG card. Spend $100, get 1,500 MR points, plus another offer to get 1 extra MR point for every dollar spent at Macy's, PLUS one of my shopping portals was offering an increase of 10 airline miles for every dollar spent. I have already been notified that I used my Amex offers. I love this time of year!
Macy's in-store, or just the same online-only offer that's been around for months?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Macy's in-store, or just the same online-only offer that's been around for months?
The 1,500 MR was Macy's.com. the additional MR per dollar spent was either in-store or on line. It worked perfectly for me since the nearest Macy's to me is 250 miles away.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Found this today on Amex Gold - Must be in the running for the worst Amex Offer ever... seriously why would they bother...

"Get 5% back on purchases, up to $1, Panera Bread (In Restaurant Only)"
nemme99 likes this.

Last edited by bradcnyc; Nov 7, 2018 at 8:25 am
Old Nov 7, 2018, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Not quite as bad as it looks as they mean that the offer is good for the first $20 worth of spending; although, it isn't exactly "generous" I agree.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, UA 1K, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Gold
Yeah, a dollar is a dollar for sure. I definitely wasn't upset or anything - just amused that amex or panera would think that was any kind of incentive for anyone! :-)

Last edited by bradcnyc; Nov 8, 2018 at 10:20 am Reason: format
Old Nov 7, 2018, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by bradcnyc
Yeah, a dollar is a dollar for sure. I definitely wasn't upset or anything - just amused that amex or panera would think that was any kind of incentive for anyone! :-)
I'm on the second or third incarnation of Starbucks doing something similar with my Bank of America credit card.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by bradcnyc
Found this today on Amex Gold - Must be in the running for the worst Amex Offer ever... seriously why would they bother...

"Get 5% back on purchases, up to $1, Panera Bread (In Restaurant Only)"
Jeez, that is the worst I've heard of. The previous winner was "Spend $15, get $3 at Boston Market" (which was a decent percentage but $3 doesn't get me to grab my car keys or go there instead of Costco for chicken). $20 probably isn't even two meals at Panera!

Edit: I logged in to see what's new and my Everyday card has "Spend $350+ (AmexTravel - Prepaid Hotels only), get 6000 MR". That's 17MR/$, beat that Platinum FHR!

Last edited by Gig103; Nov 8, 2018 at 12:19 am Reason: Avoiding double post
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:31 am

Amex has updated their mobile app to show the relevant company logo alongside each offer in the Offers tab. The web site has done this for some time, and introducing it in the mobile app makes it easier to browse and to quickly identify new offers.
justdoinjjs likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Just got a $60 off $300 for Delta flights on my unbranded AX Plat. Finally an airline I actually use! Sadly saw/got the offer one day after I booked a flight, but I should have a couple more before the offer period is over.
Duke787 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 8:38 am

Best Buy: Spend $300+ get 3,000 MR exp 12/31
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Troopers
Best Buy: Spend $300+ get 3,000 MR exp 12/31
I have that but unfortunately in the $30 back version.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gooselee
Just got a $60 off $300 for Delta flights on my unbranded AX Plat. Finally an airline I actually use! Sadly saw/got the offer one day after I booked a flight, but I should have a couple more before the offer period is over.
+1. Finally got this one and like you it was just a couple days after I snagged an FCM on SEA - RDU for $170 which would have been a nice dent in the $300 spend. Oh well, I'm sure I'll spend the $300 before spend period is over
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
On the credit products, they are starting to do Plan It deals on Offers for certain merchants (Hilton and RC cruises I've seen). They are waiving the fee to have the six months no interest payment plan. I don't mind AmEx experimenting because that is what they should be doing -- innovating as much as possible. As Chase drops its blueprint concept, a reinvention by AmEx is not a bad idea. I would love to see AmEx be able to get rid of applying for store credit cards to get no interest financing - the mixed use of the general purpose credit cards seems very feasible.

This also seems to motivate removing auto-pay off the cards (with the Pay It/Plan It system), but I am not going there yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.