Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2016, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
This thread is a continuation of: Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2012 - 2015

Click HERE to be notified when this thread is updated.
Print Wikipost

Amex (USA) Sync Offers 2016-2019

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
For what it is worth

personal Amex plat:

spend $40 at staples get 1000, spent the money on Uber gift card, got email, offer fulfilled, got points
spend $30 at Sam’s club, get 1500, spent the money on Baja Fresh gift cards, no email, but app shows offer fulfilled, got points

Old Jul 25, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, CSR
This just appeared on my Amex Plat today:
Spend $800+, get 16,000 Membership Rewards® Points
Fine Hotels & Resorts® - Prepaid Only

DETAILS
Get 16,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $800 + on a prepaid hotel booking with Fine Hotels & Resorts® properties online at amextravel.com by 9/30/2019. See terms for exclusions.
EmpressRouge likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 8:36 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by martial
This just appeared on my Amex Plat today:
Spend $800+, get 16,000 Membership Rewards® Points
Fine Hotels & Resorts® - Prepaid Only

DETAILS
Get 16,000 additional Membership Rewards points one-time by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $800 + on a prepaid hotel booking with Fine Hotels & Resorts® properties online at amextravel.com by 9/30/2019. See terms for exclusions.
Not targeted on personal or business Platinum cards, nor AU cards. Any way to get a CSR to manually add this to my account?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:59 am

Tried to pay AT&T Uverse bill with Platinum and was hoping it would trigger this offer: "Spend $100+, get 500 Membership Rewards® Points. Up to 3x" -

No email upon payment to AT&T
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Have a Stubhub offer on my US Platinum (spend $500+, get $100 back) with the restriction that it has to be thru the USA site. I clicked REDEEM NOW and went thru with a purchase on the US site and was charged in USD, but the transaction came thru as "STUBHUB CANADA"

Online customer service is looking into this and will get back to me in 10 days with a response on whether they will accept my claim / provide a manual credit

Anyone else expereince this?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:48 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by theranj
.... transaction came thru as "STUBHUB CANADA"

Is the event in Canada?
Old Jul 26, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: AC 75K, HIlton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by mia
Is the event in Canada?
Yes, Blue Jays game tonight:
  1. Physically in Toronto right now
  2. Logged in thru Amex.com with a US based Platinum card
  3. Clicked "REDEEM NOW" which sent me thru to the stubhub.com site AND NOT stubhub.ca
  4. Processed order for game tonight, charged in USD, spent over the $500 threshold
  5. My phone immediately came up with the transaction thru my Amex App by the merchant "StubHub Canada"
Terms clearly state US based site, US issued cards, but no where does it state for events within US. It is a mobile ticket so no shipping/etc.
---

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid for ticket purchases via US website and merchant US mobile app only. Not valid for ticket sellers. Valid for purchases shipped to the US and Puerto Rico. Not valid for purchases shipped internationally. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Excludes gift card purchases. Excludes AXS, Ticketbis, Ticket Technology, and Stubhub Center. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credit. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 7/31/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Offer valid for ticket purchases via US website and merchant US mobile app only.
I don't have experience with StubHub and don't fully understand this sentence, but might the bolded portion mean that the seller must also be in the US (i.e. that the seller must have listed the tickets through the US site)? If it is, it's poorly drafted.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by mia
I don't have experience with StubHub and don't fully understand this sentence, but might the bolded portion mean that the seller must also be in the US (i.e. that the seller must have listed the tickets through the US site)? If it is, it's poorly drafted.
Potentially, a bit dissapointing if that is the case. Typically market wording is spelt out pretty good.

I will update on August 12th once I get a reply.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
30% off select tech companies up to $100.

It isn’t timed well for my Dropbox renewal so I’ll try to remember to shop Newegg next time I need something.

This was on a Delta airlines business card.

DETAILS
Get 30% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled Business Card to make eligible online purchases with Select Technology Providers by 10/15/2019. Limit of $100 in total statement credits. See terms for participating merchants and exclusions.
OFFER TERMS
...Offer valid for online purchases made directly through select technology providers. Select technology providers includes ADOBE, Brother, Dropbox, Hubspot, Nextwarehouse, Newegg, Oracle, Rackspace, Sage Software, SAP, Symantec, Tiger Direct (Systemax), Versatile, Webair Internet Development, and Zendesk. Eligible transactions must be made in USD. Excludes mobile app transactions, transactions via authorized retailers or resellers, and events. ADOBE: Excludes Marketo and ADOBE branded merchandise. DropBox: Excludes invoiced payments and consulting services. SAP: Excludes transactions made at SAP Partner Sites, SAP merchandise, Ariba, Success Factors, Sybase, and Concur. Webair Internet Development: Excludes DomainPal. Zendesk: Excludes purchases made at Base. Further exclusions may apply. ... Limit of $100 in total statement credits per Card Member...

Last edited by highops; Jul 26, 2019 at 1:51 pm Reason: Removed boilerplate terms
Old Jul 28, 2019, 9:40 am

On Gold:
Get 500 additional Membership Rewards points by using your enrolled Card to spend $100+ to pay your cell phone bill online directly with a US-based wireless telephone provider by 10/22/2019. Limit 1,500 Membership Rewards points.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Bestbuy $25 off $250 instore and online. One or more transactions

nrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes corporate gift card purchases. Not valid at outlet locations. Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Direct, Best Buy Education, Best Buy Ignite, Best Buy Secondary Markets, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled account must be active, in good standing and not in default to receive the statement credit. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/15/2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: GDY8:0001
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:25 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Can't seem to get the FHR Amex Offer to appear on either of my Platinum cards (personal and business, and additional users). I even "added" all offers to clear out some room in the list, starting with a clean slate. Do you think if it hasn't shown up by now it's unlikely to appear? Or is the targetting on a rolling basis?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by kklems
For the Carnival Cruise offer has anyone been successful in getting the credit when paying on an existing reservation? In the past you could pay down the balance on an existing reservation and get the credit but this time it didn't work for me. It has been 10 days since the charge posted.
It worked for me. I actually was able to double dip since I was paying down a cruise I had used the previous $100/$500 offer on for the deposit. I got the email about using the offer almost immediately after paying down my cruise. It took about a week for the credit to finally show up on my statement though. I was paying directly through the Carnival website and not through a TA or via the phone if that makes a difference.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bjk123
It worked for me. I actually was able to double dip since I was paying down a cruise I had used the previous $100/$500 offer on for the deposit. I got the email about using the offer almost immediately after paying down my cruise. It took about a week for the credit to finally show up on my statement though. I was paying directly through the Carnival website and not through a TA or via the phone if that makes a difference.
My cruise agent uses cruiseline's payment system to make our payments made with credit cards. All our payments on our cruises were made thru our cruise agent but all the payments were directly billed by Princess / Holland America / Royal Caribbeans / Celebrity when they showed up on our cards. She even forwarded to me the Princess or HAL's passenger copy of the payment system, to save her work of generating another documents from her business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.