Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2015, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Boraxo
This thread is for discussion of lounges accessed by presenting the Centurion or Platinum Card.

Click HERE for discussion of the separate Priority Pass benefit.

All American Express Centurion and Platinum charge cards issued worldwide provide access to:
  • Delta SkyClubs when flying DL.
  • Airspace lounges when flying any airline. Current location: SAN.
  • US Escape Lounges when flying any airline. Current locations: BDL, GSP, MSP, OAK, ONT, PBI, PHX, PVD, RNO, SMF. (N.B. UK locations are accessible via Priority Pass.)
  • Most Plaza Premium lounges; Plaza Premium First lounges seem to be excluded.
  • AMEX Centurion Lounges when flying any airline. (Please do not use this thread to post about individual Centurion clubs. Use the dedicated thread for each location.)

Current Centurion Lounges:
  • DFW Dallas (2013, Expanded 2018)
  • DEN Denver (2021)
  • HKG Hong Kong (2017)
  • IAH Houston (2016)
  • LAS Las Vegas (2013)
  • MIA Miami (2015, Expanded 2019)
  • LGA New York, La Guardia (2014)
  • PHL Philadelphia (2017)
  • PHX Phoenix (2020)
  • SFO San Francisco (2014)
  • SEA Seattle (2015, Expanded 2017)

These additional locations are announced, but not yet open:
  • CLT Charlotte
  • LHR London, Heathrow
  • LAX Los Angeles----open now in TBIT
  • JFK New York, Kennedy---open now in T4

Current international locations: CGH, EZE, HKG, GDL, GIG, GRU, MEX, MTY

Cards issued in USA also include:
  • Priority Pass Select which includes most AS lounges, hundreds of independent lounges, but no AA, DL or UA lounges. AS lounges exclude Priority Pass at peak periods.
  • $200 Airline Fee Credit which can be used to partially reimburse the cost of an AA, AS, DL or UA club membership.

Cards issued outside the USA include:
  • Priority Pass.
  • Access to other lounges or networks which vary by country.

Airspace lounge access includes spouse and children under age 21, or up to two traveling companions, at no cost.
DL no longer accepts guests at no charge. Discussion here: Delta Skyclub-- no more free guest
Priority Pass access includes the cardholder plus two guests. Additional guests are $27 each per visit.
Escape lounges will admit AU cardholders who are minors traveling solo. Amex and DL explicitly prohibit minors from entering without adults, but YMMV.

Access to select Lufthansa Lounges When Flying Lufthansa: There does not seem to be a page announcing this, but if you go to the Lounge Finder here: https://www.americanexpress.com/idc/...llection.html/ and enter a German airoport (I know that FRA and MIC works) you get the listing. It basically bumps you up one lounge - so if you are travelling coach, you get access to the Business Class Lounge, if you are flying Business Class, you get the First Class (Senator) Lounge.

Print Wikipost

Centurion and Platinum airport lounge access: Airspace, Centurion, Delta, Escape

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I didn't see any mention of it elsewhere, except in passing in one JetBlue post, so am formally notifying folks here that the JFK Airspace will be shutting down permanently at the end of this month (August 2018).
Old Aug 20, 2018, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I didn't see any mention of it elsewhere, except in passing in one JetBlue post, so am formally notifying folks here that the JFK Airspace will be shutting down permanently at the end of this month (August 2018).
That's unfortunate.. airspace was pretty crappy, but still better than nothing..
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, AA Advantage, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Am Ex Platnium and Delta Sky Club

Hi all. I am new here and still trying to figure all this out so please forgive my ignorance. I was just about to apply for the Chase Sapphire Reserve when I received a targeted offer for the Am Ex Platinum with the 100.000 point sign up bonus. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it for me as I am at 4/24 and this will make me 5/25 and ineligible for the CSR until next year. I am interested in lounge access and primarily fly Delta frequently connecting thru Atlanta. The Sky Club access is the most appealing feature for me. However, the terms and conditions insert only states 2 guests in the PP and Centurion lounges. For Delta Sky Club it states "additional guests access and fees subject to terms and conditions." After calling Am Ex they are telling me it includes 2 guests. After asking where this is stated the rep returned to the call to say it will be a fee. Can anyone tell me the exact terms of this card regarding SC access for guests? (The brochure didn't even include the hotel elite status on the list of benefits thus primarily prompting my call to Am Ex.) Thanks
Old Sep 22, 2018, 1:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Delta does charge a fee for SkyClub guests:

Delta Skyclub-- no more free guests, effective 5.1.2014

I believe the guest fee is $29.00 per guest per visit.
Old Sep 23, 2018, 11:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by deeannjd
(The brochure didn't even include the hotel elite status on the list of benefits thus primarily prompting my call to Am Ex.)
The relevant information concerning Plat card benefits is available here: Platinum Offer T&C. Free SkyClub access is for the cardholder only. As the Offer T&C state, "Additional guest access and fees subject to terms and conditions of participating airport clubs." AMEX provides a link to DL's lounge access rules, which confirm that access is for the cardholder only, and that the cardholder "may enter the club with up to two guests for an additional fee."
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
USA Plat Skyclub guests - per day or per lounge?

I was wondering if I was in an airport like ATL with multiple Skyclubs, and was traveling with a guest for whom I'd pay a $29 entry, is that per day or per lounge? A different thread had me thinking about the logistics of lounge hopping (go to F, but then backtrack to whichever is closest my departure gate), but I didn't want to hijack their thread.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:17 am

"$29 per guest per visit" according to Delta's website.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
I noticed that the latest version of the AMEX app (iOS version) no longer contains the "lounge finder" function. It used to be available under the "membership" button at the bottom but seems to have disappeared recently. Too bad, pretty handy tool with easy access.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Diplomatico
I noticed that the latest version of the AMEX app (iOS version) no longer contains the "lounge finder" function. It used to be available under the "membership" button at the bottom but seems to have disappeared recently. Too bad, pretty handy tool with easy access.
I see Find a Lounge under membership in the iOS AMEX app. Top left square.
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by Charles4515
D'oh! Thanks for that. Failing eyesight with age and all.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Charles4515
I discovered why I couldn't find the "Find a Lounge" function. In the app, when I've chosen another card that isn't the Plat, tapping on the "membership" button does not reveal the lounge finder function - for my Gold card, for example, a section to "Book travel" replaces it.

If I've chosen the Plat card, then click on membership from the Plat card section, then the lounge finder function is visible. Makes sense, since the Plat is the card that offer lounge access.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: DL-Polished Aluminum, Air Mobility Command-Chartreuse
Question for the group: what is everyone's experience using their Business and Personal Plat cards during the same visit? Example- you are traveling with three companions. You use your personal Plat for access of yourself and two guests, and your Business for the third companion.

I read the T&Cs for the referenced earlier in the thread and did not find language excluding this...
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:22 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Guest access is per Card Member, not per Card
https://thecenturionlounge.com/info/...nturion-lounge
Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That seems a little harsh.

If I'm the cardholder (I actually do have both biz and personal at the moment), they're already get it a bit easy because I can only get in once myself. If two cardholders showed, each with their own card and two guests, that's six people. If I show, with two guests per card, that's five people total. You'd think they'd wholeheartedly allow that.

I haven't been in this situation, so I don't know how it plays out in practice.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
That seems a little harsh.

If I'm the cardholder (I actually do have both biz and personal at the moment), they're already get it a bit easy because I can only get in once myself. If two cardholders showed, each with their own card and two guests, that's six people. If I show, with two guests per card, that's five people total. You'd think they'd wholeheartedly allow that.

I haven't been in this situation, so I don't know how it plays out in practice.
Except you aren't two cardholders, you're one. So they admit three people instead of five.....and they do wholeheartedly allow that.
Miles Ahead likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.