Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by donotblink
Does anyone know what time the buffet items get put away? And what time they do last call at the bar?
It's been awhile since I was there that late, but IIRC food is put away at 7:30 and the bar closes at 7:45. (I might have the times reversed.)

Also, the lounge closes early on Saturday (6:30 IIRC)

Last edited by HPN-HRL; Feb 4, 2020 at 4:09 pm Reason: Saturday info
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:01 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Visited at 8:30 AM today (Sunday) to find the emptiest CL I've ever been to

The people pictured there and myself were the only ones in the lounge, fewer than ten people I'd estimate. Why can't it always be like this??

The usual options on offer today including the excellent French Toast but also a new option of eggs benedict:

I just wish they'd have some sausage or bacon out, then my day would be complete.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Unexpectedly dropped in today as I was supposed to fly out of EWR but a delay allowed me to switch to the direct flight out of LGA. The lounge was fairly empty around 2:30. Unfortunately the food was terrible, probably the worst food I've come across in the 5 years I've been coming to this lounge. I told the staff at the front desk a watered down version of this. The pea soup was disgusting, the fish was completely lacking flavor, and the rice was cold and hard/crusty. The only good food was the dessert being the M&M cookies and chocolate mousse. The pesto carrots weren't bad, aside from the complete lack of pesto taste.

Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:09 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I don’t think most of us realized it at the time, that the last time we were at the LGA Centurion Lounge would be our last for that location.

With the new LGA Terminal B headhouse opening this weekend, the existing one will be closed and prepped for demolition.

Hopefully once all Centurion Lounges reopen, the new LGA location will be fully built out and ready to go.
chrisny2, bgriff and krazykanuck like this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 2:15 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by dw
I don’t think most of us realized it at the time, that the last time we were at the LGA Centurion Lounge would be our last for that location.

With the new LGA Terminal B headhouse opening this weekend, the existing one will be closed and prepped for demolition.

Hopefully once all Centurion Lounges reopen, the new LGA location will be fully built out and ready to go.
The interactive airport maps offered by the Delta app (and I think IIRC also the United app, and maybe others?) has the new headhouse already fully mapped out, which is handy since it may be a while before most of us explore the new facility in person. The new Centurion lounge space looks like it should be pretty big. It's now airside, which is convenient for those departing from the central terminal, less so for Delta fliers. But it is in a good location for when the rebuilding project is done, as I believe there are plans for an airside walkway between the terminals that should connect close to the lounge.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Doesn't look too good for AA flyers either. AA is in Terminal B, but currently still using the old gates. The western concourse, where AA will eventually be, is still being built. From the renderings it doesn't look like there'll be an airside connection between the two concourses so no way to hop from the western concourse to the lounge.
https://www.laguardiab.com/construction-updates
https://www.laguardiab.com/renderings
Old Jun 12, 2020, 8:53 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Wayne Kao
Doesn't look too good for AA flyers either. AA is in Terminal B, but currently still using the old gates. The western concourse, where AA will eventually be, is still being built. From the renderings it doesn't look like there'll be an airside connection between the two concourses so no way to hop from the western concourse to the lounge.
https://www.laguardiab.com/construction-updates
https://www.laguardiab.com/renderings
There is only one security checkpoint for both of the new central terminal concourses, at the back of the check-in level of the headhouse, and then passengers proceed upstairs to the food court area (airside) where the Centurion Lounge is, and over the bridges to either the existing UA/AC/WN concourse or the future AA concourse (or for now, the old AA gates that remain in the old building, connected to the new security checkpoint). The maps in the Delta app help show how this works. So it will be easy to access for AA customers.
dw and chrisny2 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by bgriff
There is only one security checkpoint for both of the new central terminal concourses, at the back of the check-in level of the headhouse, and then passengers proceed upstairs to the food court area (airside) where the Centurion Lounge is, and over the bridges to either the existing UA/AC/WN concourse or the future AA concourse (or for now, the old AA gates that remain in the old building, connected to the new security checkpoint). The maps in the Delta app help show how this works. So it will be easy to access for AA customers.
Awesome, great to hear. Had just assumed the lounge was nearer to the concourse after reading it was airside, but glad that's not the case.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:35 am

https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-am...on-lounge-lga/

I had trouble using Delta's interactive maps to get a sense of this space. The pictures from this TPG article offer a better idea of where this will sit.

Even though the old space was pre-security, I always enjoyed my trips to the old spot. It never really ever felt crowded and getting through security with the TTP was never really much of a hassle. I remain cautiously optimistic that the experience (lighter crowds) will remain the same given that the JFK Centurion is also on its way.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:55 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by imnotalawyer
https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-am...on-lounge-lga/

I had trouble using Delta's interactive maps to get a sense of this space. The pictures from this TPG article offer a better idea of where this will sit.

Even though the old space was pre-security, I always enjoyed my trips to the old spot. It never really ever felt crowded and getting through security with the TTP was never really much of a hassle. I remain cautiously optimistic that the experience (lighter crowds) will remain the same given that the JFK Centurion is also on its way.
Eventually there is supposed to be an airside passageway between the new central terminal and the future new Delta concourses, so once construction is done it should be possible for a Delta passenger without checked bags to clear security in the central terminal, use the Centurion Lounge, and walk to their Delta gate without needing to reclear security. But it will be a pretty long walk if your Delta flight is departing from one of the eastern Delta concourses.

It's also possible the design may change to eliminate that airside walkway, especially since I believe it was in the same general vicinity as the proposed AirTrain station, and it is not certain if the AirTrain will actually happen (since it brings passengers the wrong direction away from Manhattan), which may result in other changes to the final design.
cfischer and imnotalawyer like this.
Old Nov 11, 2020, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Slightly OT, but has anyone heard anything about the reopening of the LGA Centurion Lounge? If JFK can open in this current environment, I don't understand why LGA is still closed (especially considering it's in the same city and both airports are run by the same authority). I asked at the JFK Centurion three weeks ago and they seemed to think LGA would be reopening soon but didn't have anything definite.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 11, 2020, 10:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Slightly OT, but has anyone heard anything about the reopening of the LGA Centurion Lounge? If JFK can open in this current environment, I don't understand why LGA is still closed (especially considering it's in the same city and both airports are run by the same authority). I asked at the JFK Centurion three weeks ago and they seemed to think LGA would be reopening soon but didn't have anything definite.

-FlyerBeek
Uh probably because the LGA lounge is probably still being rebuilt — they've closed and replaced the old Terminal B building (where the lounge used to be) and the new lounge will be post-security in the new main concourse. TPG is saying sometime in 2021 but nothing more specific than that (https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-am...on-lounge-lga/)
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 1:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond *A Gold / Delta Gold
Originally Posted by truncated
Uh probably because the LGA lounge is probably still being rebuilt — they've closed and replaced the old Terminal B building (where the lounge used to be) and the new lounge will be post-security in the new main concourse. TPG is saying sometime in 2021 but nothing more specific than that (https://thepointsguy.com/news/new-am...on-lounge-lga/)
Post security but would that mean that now only people flying AC and UA would have access to the Centurion lounge in LGA Terminal B?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:01 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Gasolin
....would that mean that now only people flying AC and UA....
At most USA airports anyone with a boarding pass for any airline can enter any terminal/concourse. Would LGA be different?
Old Nov 12, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by mia
At most USA airports anyone with a boarding pass for any airline can enter any terminal/concourse. Would LGA be different?
Only time I've seen an issue with using a different terminal is at an airport like EWR where they have a dedicated terminal/TSA entrance for international, I did get denied entrance to the international terminal once at EWR with a Delta boarding pass out of another terminal but LGA shouldn't be a problem.

I remember using the AC lounge when they were still a priority pass member once at LGA when I had a Delta flight because my flight my flight got cancelled and I had a few hours to kill and had no issues. Only problem at LGA is it can be a pain to go between temrinals since C and D are the only two connected where you don't have to reclear security and IFIRC I had to take a shuttle between the C/D terminal and the terminal Air Canada was at, I remember it was pain going the one way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.