Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum [UK] Card: Was It Worth It This Year?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by karaokequeen3
Ah thanks - also, Amex Magazine? Not heard of that one!
Don't you get Departures in the post every quarter? Big fat glossy?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MPO Gold, Presidents Choice Gourmet Coffee, Flying Blue, Flying Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
Don't you get Departures in the post every quarter? Big fat glossy?
Nope. Though I've only been enrolled since the second half of September, so that explains it!
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
You're not missing much - it's mainly adverts, but occasionally some wee useful bits of info in amongst them! It took me a few months to get them to finally add me to the list.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Update from Eyestorm:
Will be emailing all £250.00 vouchers which were purchased via the Amex promotion, in the first week of December. The voucher will be emailed to the email address which you registered with and you’ll be able to then print is out or simply note the unique code when you come to use it online against an artwork.
^
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:23 am

Hi
Would someone know the rules? I have marco polo gold card and am in the usa would I be entitled to an extra bag on My BA-AA (I think its a code share)return flight? I do not want to put in my Marco polo number in my booking as I want the points on Ba.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by shayele
Hi
Would someone know the rules? I have marco polo gold card and am in the usa would I be entitled to an extra bag on My BA-AA (I think its a code share)return flight? I do not want to put in my Marco polo number in my booking as I want the points on Ba.
If an extra bag is a benefit of that tier with MP, then yes, but you would 100% certainly have to put that number into the booking.

You MAY be able to get them to change it back to BA once you're checked in and in the lounge, but there are certainly no guarantees.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 2:01 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Gold, SPG Gold, BW Plt, AY, M&M, FB G, CX Gold, AX Plat, CC gold, Le Club plt, Scandic 2nd floor
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If an extra bag is a benefit of that tier with MP, then yes, but you would 100% certainly have to put that number into the booking.

You MAY be able to get them to change it back to BA once you're checked in and in the lounge, but there are certainly no guarantees.
I have been able to change my FF number from MP to AA At least with AY and AA flights right after check in (At The counter)
Old Dec 10, 2013, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Saturne-79
I have been able to change my FF number from MP to AA At least with AY and AA flights right after check in (At The counter)
I don't doubt it, but the request is an unusual one and gates agents have a tendency to err on the side of caution when given a request they're not sure about. I've seen people have this request refused in the lounge quite a few times.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 10:04 am

Thanks guys. When would I have to put the number in the booking? Will it do to do it at the check in? Or do I have to call ba?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 3:31 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by shayele
Thanks guys. When would I have to put the number in the booking? Will it do to do it at the check in? Or do I have to call ba?
Put your Cathay number in the booking now. Use www.finnair.com and enter your booking details.

Then once checked in, either:
Change to BA on www.finnair.com
Change to BA in the lounge
Change to BA at the gate
Old Dec 11, 2013, 11:54 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nux
Put your Cathay number in the booking now. Use www.finnair.com and enter your booking details.

Then once checked in, either:
Change to BA on www.finnair.com
Change to BA in the lounge
Change to BA at the gate
Does the CP number not get locked in after check in via the Finnair website? I had it locked in on an AA flight (Wouldn't let me change it, just gave me an error).
Old Dec 12, 2013, 2:44 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by reclusive46
Does the CP number not get locked in after check in via the Finnair website? I had it locked in on an AA flight (Wouldn't let me change it, just gave me an error).
Perhaps on AA as it uses Sabre rather than Amadeus. If it doesn't work you can always have it changed at checkin/lounge/gate.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:10 am

Programs: Some, not all.
Browsing through the Winter Departures mag this morning and there's a double page spread for United with a banner saying:
Proud new member of the Amex International Airline Programme
I assume this is the 241 on full first and business class tickets, but has anyone actually used this for any airline?
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:57 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 21H21J
I assume this is the 241 on full first and business class tickets,
Correct. Primary discussion thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-members.html

The UK version of the program is likely to have different partners and routing restrictions versus the USA version, but the principle is the same.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Correct. Primary discussion thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...n-members.html

The UK version of the program is likely to have different partners and routing restrictions versus the USA version, but the principle is the same.
Although all the gateways and information in that original post are geared towards the US card, and consequently of little to no use to UK card holders.

If you've got a similar thread for the UK card then that would be wonderful?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.