Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
... interesting insight into how AMEX promotions work:
What did you find interesting? The form letter merely explains that targeted offers are, well, targeted, and American Express won't extend such to someone who learns about them online or elsewhere.
Old Jul 17, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Will never by anything with airlines
In the past 6 months I have gotten three (3) offers for the Biz Plat with 100k MRs with $10k spend in 3 months...cant apply though, have the biz gold.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Originally Posted by friedablass
We got the same 100k offer at my business address mid-May but the name on it was a different business that has been non-existent for quite some time (but used to be there until a couple of years ago). I still have it and am wondering if I can use it to apply with my own business name. It also says you need to apply by mid-July so I don't have much time left to decide.
Did you ever follow thru with applying for the 100K offer and, if so, were you successful? I receive a half dozen of these 100K offers every month and would like to use one but not for the business named on the mailer. Don't believe I've read a definitive answer yet if one can successfully use the code for an application opened in one's own name that is addressed to a different business one owns.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
Did you ever follow thru with applying for the 100K offer and, if so, were you successful? I receive a half dozen of these 100K offers every month and would like to use one but not for the business named on the mailer. Don't believe I've read a definitive answer yet if one can successfully use the code for an application opened in one's own name that is addressed to a different business one owns.
Yes, I just applied last week under our own business name and was instantly approved - got the card on Monday. I did the activation via automated system and did not choose to speak with a rep so I didn't confirm the 100k bonus because I didn't want to bring attention to the app. I am planning to meet the spend on the first statement so I will hold my breath to see if we'll get the points automatically or not - from past experience they go into pending points almost immediately after meeting the spend or they post within 2 to 3 days. If we don't get it I'll take it up with them at that time. We are only putting spend on there that doesn't get bonus points on other cards so I would not really lose anything by just earning the MR points on this spend and not getting the 100k bonus points. And if they insist I can't get the bonus points I will cancel the card immediately - I believe if you cancel within 60 days you get a full refund of the annual fee. Will have lost out on a credit pull, but I figured it's worth a try.

I will try and remember to follow up here in a couple of weeks.

Last edited by friedablass; Jul 22, 2013 at 8:16 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jul 22, 2013, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by explorer84
In the past 6 months I have gotten three (3) offers for the Biz Plat with 100k MRs with $10k spend in 3 months...cant apply though, have the biz gold.
Is it possible to pass them on? I would take the offer off your hands.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 3:35 pm

100K Amex Platinum Targeted Signup Bonus

Just opened mail and saw 100k Platinum Signup Bonus. Only problem is that it is address to old resident and I have platinum already.

In any case, just thought you guys should know it is out there.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Crashem
Just opened mail and saw 100k Platinum Signup Bonus. Only problem is that it is address to old resident and I have platinum already.

In any case, just thought you guys should know it is out there.
Yup - they are going around: Targeted 75 - 100k MR Platinum offers going around.

I have a couple of friends who have received and been able to take advantage of them recently.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:02 pm

does anyone have link to 100k bonus offer, want to apply for spouse.. thanks in advance.
Old Aug 12, 2013, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by troyhouse
does anyone have link to 100k bonus offer, want to apply for spouse.. thanks in advance.
You need to get the RSVP code.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by Windward Side of Life
I receive a half dozen of these 100K offers every month and would like to use one but not for the business named on the mailer. Don't believe I've read a definitive answer yet if one can successfully use the code for an application opened in one's own name that is addressed to a different business one owns.
A related question, can the same business name be used by 2 different partners to get 2 bonuses (within 1 year)? I jumped on the 100k Business Platinum offer that came last month, which was addressed to the business name only. Since I have received my card, the business has gotten another exact same 100k offer, again not addressed to anyone at the business in particular. Since these are actually *personal* cards that are supposed to be for business expenses, would another partner be eligible for the 100k bonus as well?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Crashem
You need to get the RSVP code.
is the RSVP code specific to one person or can someone post this so others can use it?
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by digitaljok
A related question, can the same business name be used by 2 different partners to get 2 bonuses (within 1 year)? I jumped on the 100k Business Platinum offer that came last month, which was addressed to the business name only. Since I have received my card, the business has gotten another exact same 100k offer, again not addressed to anyone at the business in particular. Since these are actually *personal* cards that are supposed to be for business expenses, would another partner be eligible for the 100k bonus as well?
Yes, because you would be signing up with the other person's social security number for the primary card holder. These 2 Platinum cards would not be under the same online login either because that goes by SS# as well - all cards belonging to the same social go under one login for both personal and business.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:13 pm

Gf got 100K offer for $3K spend in 3 months
Old Aug 15, 2013, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by friedablass
Yes, because you would be signing up with the other person's social security number for the primary card holder. These 2 Platinum cards would not be under the same online login either because that goes by SS# as well - all cards belonging to the same social go under one login for both personal and business.
Good news, will try soon and report back with confirmation. Thanks!

Originally Posted by ibleed0range
Gf got 100K offer for $3K spend in 3 months
That's a sweet offer, the minimum spend with ours have been $10k in 3 mos for 100k MR (but again for Business Platinum).
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:02 am

Silly question. Has anyone been targeted with a 50,000 or more offer to upgrade a PRG to Platinum with an existing Mercedes platinum account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.