Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Targeted 50-75-100k MR USA Platinum offers going around

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by IndyHoosier
Wondering this as well about the 100K offer. If you clear your cookies, you should be able to get the 75K offer to pop up.
I think it's gone for good, other than targeted mailers. Amex has learned from their costly mistake of letting stable 100K links go public last year. They lost a ton of money on that one, and drew a great deal of ire after freezing thousands of MRs accounts (including mine).

Last edited by KDCAflyer; Jul 23, 2017 at 8:45 pm
Old Oct 10, 2017, 3:56 pm

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Platinum targeted offer

I thought the sign up bonus was 60,000 but Mrs Hawkeyeflyer got an offer today for 100,000 for $5k spend in three months

Did I read the offer wrong or is this targeted

Sorry if there is a thread already, feel free to merge
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:47 pm

Targeted, see this thread:

Also, check to see if offer contains blurb about once in a lifetime.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Merged HawkeyeFlyer's question into the thread helpfully located by Troopers. As you see this has been running since 2013. The are always targeted Platinum offers circulating.
Old Oct 13, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA PLAT, SPG PLAT,Marriott Plat, HYATT PLAT, National Exec
I received 100k Platinum American Express offer today in the mail. Very excited as I scoured the internet for the past 2 months trying to find an offer link.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:32 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by dblue
How often do 100k or 75k offers come around? Haven't had any luck with Baidu (two Amexes currently), but want to jump on the Amex Plat and am wondering if I should just take the 60k.
In the last three months, I've managed to pull up the 75K offer using Incognito mode twice. Most recently was two days ago....and I passed on the offer (d'oh!) due to the number of cards I've recently acquired from AMEX.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I just got the 100k card. Went to website, signed up to see what offers were available, 100k for Plat came up, signed up and got instant approval. Will see how fast the points post, I'll buy an airline ticket to cover the spending as soon as card comes in
Diplomatico likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:24 am

wife and I both received $100k offers, should we, can we?

My wife received the offer last week, mine arrived today. we have until dec to respond. Not sure if the offer is limited to one per household. Given the bonus, it seems like we should both apply but stagger the application dates to lighten the load on required spend.

otoh, given that some of the family/spouse benefits overlap, it might make more sense for one of us to take the offer, not renew and hope we'll get another offer in a year or so.

thoughts?

thanks!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 10:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by quietdesperation
... Not sure if the offer is limited to one per household....
Credit card offers are made to individuals, not to households. You can both apply and both receive the bonus, but there are no household Membership Rewards accounts, you will each have your own.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:21 am

Received a 60,000 offer in the mail yesterday lol...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 11:30 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Are the 100k offers all by mail?

Did I read that someone above signed up to receive offers?
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Gold, AA PLAT, SPG PLAT,Marriott Plat, HYATT PLAT, National Exec
My 100k offer was received via mail.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by dcirvine33
Did you sign up for something to get it?

Part of my issue imay be that I've had some identify theft issues and I think reporting it to the credit reporting agencies stopped credit card offers. I still got lots of Delta Amex offers because of my DL membership but don't need any more program specific airline miles.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dcirvine33
i got one in the mail as well last week. never had an Amex in my life.

Im somewhat tempted, but not sure if this card is worth it for me. I barely use Uber, though if Eats counts, probably could shift dining expenses there easily enough, but still. And just renewed CSP, which I’m quite happy with, and seems a bit more flexible to me, at least for my needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.