Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Gold Delta Amex 70,000 SM & $100 Statement credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:32 am

Interesting tidbit from the T&C (bold emphasis is mine).....unfortunately since I already have the regular SkyMiles AMEX it looks like I don't qualify - for either! Crap.

Fort the 30,000mi offer, #1 reads like this:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days. $500 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 3 months to be awarded the 30,000 bonus miles. The 3 month period is evaluated from the date the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 3 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2-4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.

For the 70,000mi offer:
25,000 bonus miles will be awarded after your first purchase on the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Please allow 2-4 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account. First purchase offer expires one year from time of Card account opening. You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Offer not available to existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers upgrading to another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pinniped
I guess it's just a case where if some easy miles can help you diversify, take it. My RDM stash is probably 75% Star, 15% OW, and 10% ST right now. (Although some of that Star is Dividend Miles which are likely to become AAdvantage miles soon enough...) I'm probably going to go ahead and grab this 70k offer if I can get it...
But $5K for 70K DL?

Originally Posted by ronocnikral
I live in a delta hub where the only int'l destinations are Canada, mexico and CDG. The trip to Europe would be well worth the miles if I could snag a seat on that CDG non-stop.
And what metal are the flights?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:43 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by Retale_88
Fort the 30,000mi offer, #1 reads like this:
Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have had this product within the last 12 months or any other Consumer Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account within the last 90 days. $500 or more in qualifying purchases on the Card must be completed within 3 months to be awarded the 30,000 bonus miles. The 3 month period is evaluated from the date the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card is issued to the date ending 3 months thereafter. Miles will be credited to your account 2-4 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.
So does this mean you can't have the SPG amex and this delta amex at the same time? You have to cancel your SPG card 90 days prior to applying for this one??
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fatboy567
please help....when i right click on the pop up i only get the option to view source and when i click on view source i only see a lot of jibberish but nothing relating to U7-1000-xx or offerType

am i doing something wrong
scroll down, there is a https:// link in there you just have to find it, then you can do those steps.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:45 am

Interesting tidbit from the T&C (bold emphasis is mine)...... You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Offer not available to existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers upgrading to another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card. [/I]

The "however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account" bit is what is keeping me on the fence from applying. I cancelled my Delta Gold Amex back in June, it no longer shows in my Skymiles profile, and I've removed it from Amex online management for good measure.

Yet, I don't want to risk applying and not getting the 25k, because of the "only one Card account" language. Plus, I have a car loan app coming up next month so probably better safe than sorry...

Cheers
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

For the 70,000mi offer:
25,000 bonus miles will be awarded after your first purchase on the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Please allow 2-4 weeks after your first purchase for the bonus miles to appear in your Delta SkyMiles account. First purchase offer expires one year from time of Card account opening. You may be permitted to have more than one Delta SkyMiles Credit Card account; however, you are eligible to receive welcome bonus miles for only one Card account. Offer not available to existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers upgrading to another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card.
how can you upgrade to a Gold card? Isn't it the lowest on the totem pole?

Originally Posted by saranyc
So does this mean you can't have the SPG amex and this delta amex at the same time? You have to cancel your SPG card 90 days prior to applying for this one??
no, notice it said DELTA Amex.....not any amex.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:48 am

Just a little reminder. You can change the number U7-1000-XX to any number you like, and you will find out different type of offer with different spending requirement.

The best one I found is 45. Try by yourself.

Originally Posted by koolr
Thanks, but everytime I tried to apply for the cc (even with the 30K offer), I got the following error:

"We're sorry, the system is down and we were unable to process your request at this time. "

Edit: Never mind, I followed the directions again and it worked this time. Got pending message... will see.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:49 am

....already answered above. SPG Amex is not a Delta product.

Originally Posted by saranyc
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:51 am

Hah, no, unfortunately there are some of us who are VERY LOW on that totem pole holding 'regular' Skymiles AMEX cards

Originally Posted by ianturner
how can you upgrade to a Gold card? Isn't it the lowest on the totem pole?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:53 am

Location: Born and raised in South Carolina, now in New York City.
Originally Posted by ianturner
no, notice it said DELTA Amex.....not any amex.
ahh sorry missed that haha! thanks!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:54 am

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by fr33b13
I saw the deal after I bought my flight, same page as when you get the confirmation #.
I'm not sure what was on the banner you mentioned since I didn't really pay attention to the banner as I was going through the pages. I just know that there was a banner. I found a really cheap flight so I wanted to check out ASAP.

I'm still on the fence about getting this card because I haven't been able to find any real value to redeeming these miles.
Really? People redeem miles everyday. There are a lot of flights available, you just to need to be flexible. If people really weren't using their miles do you think that we would all be trying to get more. This is an excellent offer, I would jump all over this.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
please help....when i right click on the pop up i only get the option to view source and when i click on view source i only see a lot of jibberish but nothing relating to U7-1000-xx or offerType

Going from memory since I can't get to it at work with all the firewalls... but on the page with jibberish, you should see an address bar at the top with the URL? The URL is longer than what you can see in the bar so you'll have to scroll across with your cursor to see the places to change.

btw on Chrome at least, when you right click on the pop up, you're looking for a "view frame source" or something similar.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:14 am

Got it. Thanks to the instructions above. Approved.

Looks like 25k skymiles on first purchase and 45k after $5k in six months.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:20 am

Use Google Chrome

I had the same problem trying to do this using Explorer. However, when I used Google Chrome, it allows you to access and make changes to the "View-source.......etc." as the original poster described. I also could not get anywhere using Explorer but I think if you try it with chrome you will be O.K.

It worked for me, just like the others have said. Received a message saying the application was being processed could take 14 days, but I got an immediate email saying I was approved.

Sweet!
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by amolkold

And what metal are the flights?
SLC-CDG is Delta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.