Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: VegasGambler
Reminder: you must enroll and select AS as your airline BEFORE making a reimbursable purchase. Click HERE to enroll.
As of June 2017 gift certificates are no longer reimbursed. Link to buy gift certicates

According to this thread in the Alaska forum the reimbursement of Alaska Club memberships is no longer a problem. To see how much of your annual credit you've used, log in to AmEx, select the card in question, choose "Membership->Benefits" off the menu bar, scroll down to see the travel credit benefit. (with thanks to Lumpylump76)

Tickets cancelled within 24 hours are refunded back to the card used for the purchase. Tickets for travel dates > 60 days out can be deposited to your wallet when cancelled (this has not been true for some time). Change fees may apply depending on your status. Change fees are waived for MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75k members according to this page: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...ID:MileagePlan (expand "service benefits" towards the bottom of the page). The wallet funds will expire one year after the issue date of the original ticket.
Print Wikipost

Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: AS only (2011-2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 6:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bobrawski
....I didn’t want to assume that another Amex product, the Hilton Aspire, would work....
There is no difference between the Platinum, Gold and Aspire versions other than the dollar amount. Same reimbursement algorithm.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 12:19 pm

We've previously successfully used the credit to upgrade to 'Premium Class'. The cost was less than $100 though. Is there any data on whether a $100+ upgrade is credited as a 'seat assignment' or rejected as 'upgrade'?
Old Nov 1, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by mia
There is no difference between the Platinum, Gold and Aspire versions other than the dollar amount. Same reimbursement algorithm.
Thank you!
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 10:37 pm

First AFC card for me with Aspire upgrade. I was surprised to see detailed flight info on first statement: passenger, route, class, ticket number...

Is this typical of other AFC cards where “book <$100 flights is used”?

(Forgot to choose airline before booking, so just testing reimbursement now. $23 ticket purchase on 10/29 hasn’t been reimbursed yet.)
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
I can use it to book award and pay tax, and get reimbursed right? and they wont take the credit back after I refund the award flight? thanks
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:47 pm

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by dstac
First AFC card for me with Aspire upgrade. I was surprised to see detailed flight info on first statement: passenger, route, class, ticket number...

Is this typical of other AFC cards where “book <$100 flights is used”?

(Forgot to choose airline before booking, so just testing reimbursement now. $23 ticket purchase on 10/29 hasn’t been reimbursed yet.)
Yes, they have the flight info. You don't even have to wait until statement -- can be seen in recent charges.

Originally Posted by pbd456
I can use it to book award and pay tax, and get reimbursed right? and they wont take the credit back after I refund the award flight? thanks
Generally yes, but as with all of these things, better not to abuse it.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Around spring of this year I used my AMEX platinum card for AS gift certificates that were credited at around $50 each by Amex. I also had a ticket to Vancouver for $90 that was also surprisingly credited on the platinum card.

I just got the Aspire card a month ago, and they are all taunting me in the thread for Aspire credit cards airline credit of $250 that I’m not gonna get the AS credit for gift certs even though it worked around April of this year for the platinum. So who is right?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 11:38 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
As noted in the Wikipost at the top of this thread, American Express stopped reimbursing AS gift certificates in mid-2017. The reason they stopped is because Alaska Airlines started using a different merchant account for these sales. If they have resumed using their primary merchant account it would be reimbursed.

It would be helpful if you would look at the early 2018 purchase that was reimbursed to see if the merchant is exactly the same as when you buy tickets.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 8:55 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
When I did it earlier in the year we couldn't cross $96. Is that still the case? Got another card with credit to redeem.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I just got the Aspire card a month ago, and they are all taunting me in the thread for Aspire credit cards airline credit of $250 that I’m not gonna get the AS credit for gift certs even though it worked around April of this year for the platinum. So who is right?
Absolutely no one is "taunting" you in that other thread.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
DP---Bought three $69 BUR-PDX tickets on my sister's AMEX PLAT last week got $200 in credits back two days ago.
NWplatinum and robchow like this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by dstac
Data point: Purchase 10/29, Credit 11/2
robchow likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Bought some $80 flights to LAX. Let’s see if they credit.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by rune87
When I did it earlier in the year we couldn't cross $96. Is that still the case? Got another card with credit to redeem.
Well, I just bought a ticket for 99, so I'm hoping 96 is not the limit... Will report back after DP.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
I eagerly await your data point.
Originally Posted by soartoday
Well, I just bought a ticket for 99, so I'm hoping 96 is not the limit... Will report back after DP.
​​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.