Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex (USA) Extended Warranty reports

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:45 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Originally Posted by troyhouse
Buying open box MacBook Pro from Best Buy, will that be covered in future as part of extended warranty protection if something to happen in future?
An open box item should have the same APPLE warranty as any other item, so the manufacturer warranty of course is primary, till expires, then any extended warranty protection would kick in.. but laptops with AMEX can be tricky regardless. YMMV.
Old Dec 16, 2023, 10:56 am

Sharing my recent claims experience. Last month, the screen on my wife's MacBook stopped working. It was purchased in October 2020 along with three years of AppleCare +. We took it to an Apple Store and got a repair estimate of $626, which we paid since the AppleCare had been expired for about a month. We couldn't find the original letter from Apple confirming the AppleCare plan, and the invoice we had only showed that AppleCare was purchased and the price, but not the length of time it lasted. I was able to submit the invoice along with a print out of the Apple website showing that the AppleCare + for laptops costing the price on the invoice lasts for three years, and Amex paid the claim. Whole thing took about 3 weeks and two rounds of documents requests.
SPN Lifer and MDtR-Chicago like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.