AMEX Business Gold Card offers [2011/12]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
OH WELL …

Bubble bursting …
Best laid plans …
Bait and switch …

Received card via FedEx yesterday. Activated. Called Customer Service to confirm bonus late last night, Phoenix call center, was told “system update, unable to confirm now”. Called again today, Phoenix call center, rep couldn’t find any promotion. I provided the webpage as per the link above, which clearly states “2012” at the bottom. After 10 minutes on hold I was told it’s an expired promotion (as of Dec 4) and that there is no initial spend promotion on my account. Discussed for a while, became clear I was hitting my head against a wall. Rep couldn’t even give me the CEO’s mailing address.

I’m wondering what to do now. $10,000 is significant spending for me, basically everything for 4-5 months. I have several cards with double points for many categories of spending so if this bonus is not to be there is little reason for me to use the card. AmEx has a recent history of not honoring promotions, I’m beginning to think this is yet another example.

So, any suggestions? Another call? Secure message? Hard copy letter? Give up? Thanks.

(Yes, I’ve already saved the screenshot and printed the webpage.)
Send a secure message so you have everything in writing that you are signed up for the correct promotion. If it doesn't work the first time, send another secure message and include the screenshot/printed webpage.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by captaincool
Send a secure message ...
Thank you, exactly what I did (to start).

Originally Posted by captaincool
... send another secure message and include the screenshot/printed webpage.
They replied with the standard "may take 10 days". I replied with a "thank you" and tried to include the screenshot but I didn't see any way to attach/include/download a file along with the secure message.

Have I missed something? Anyone know a way to send them a screenshot image? Thanks again.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 6:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
0 point signup bonus for Amex Business GC?

Can't seem to find a sign up bonus anywhere. I spend $25-30k per year at google adwords, so the bonus points on that spending would be nice...
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
I haven't seen a bonus for this either. Have you considered the INK Bold card? 5x points on business expenses. Not sure what the Biz gold card has there.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by longhorn11
I haven't seen a bonus for this either. Have you considered the INK Bold card? 5x points on business expenses. Not sure what the Biz gold card has there.
Does "business expenses" cover advertising costs or is it for office supplies (staples, etc)?
Old Feb 27, 2012, 7:53 pm

To be honest I don't remember. I want to say it might only include the office supply stores and communication costs (phone, internet, etc.).

I would think they would bring a public offer back for the biz gold card especially to compete against the new 50k ink card.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I am pretty sure advertising is a 2x category on the Amex Gold Biz card.

I have a gold biz card and just for grins, I checked to see if there was a referral bonus. There is none.

I do think, however, that there was no signup bonus at all for the Platinum biz card a few months ago, and there is now. Considering the other benefits of that card, if it gets you 25-30k extra points, plus the signup bonus, it might be worth the hefty annual fee.

Of course, it's still quite sad that they were giving 50K a few months ago, even 75K in some brief promotions, and now they are down to zero.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 8:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
... Have you considered the INK Bold card? 5x points on business expenses.
Originally Posted by DC777Fan
Does "business expenses" cover advertising costs or is it for office supplies (staples, etc)?
Originally Posted by redtop43
I am pretty sure advertising is a 2x category on the Amex Gold Biz card.
I think there is a disconnect between the question asked (about Chase Ink) and the answer (about American Express Business Gold).

Here is a recent thread which summarizes cards offering bonuses in various categories:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ght=categories
Old Feb 28, 2012, 9:42 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

The sign-up bonus for this card disappeared in November (from the best of my memory). It really is too bad as it is a great card otherwise. I applied for my first business card, the Ink Bold, in November and have since started getting targeted Amex Business card offers in the mail. I have received an offer for 50K bonus on the Business Gold and Business Platinum. I can't swear that was a cause and effect, but I did not receive any business targeted offers before I got the Ink Bold. So, all things being equal, you might want to start with the Ink Bold to get the 50K and bonus categories and then sit tight a while and see if Amex increases the public offer for the Business Gold, or perhaps you will get targeted.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Mommy Points
So, all things being equal, you might want to start with the Ink Bold to get the 50K and bonus categories and then sit tight a while and see if Amex increases the public offer for the Business Gold, or perhaps you will get targeted.
Good suggestion. I know Chase and Amex are going after each other right now, seems like the best plan of action. I just got a couple new Chase cards within the last few months and was lucky enough to get targeted for the 75k personal PRG. I don't think it's a coincidence.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 8:58 am
mia

See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-feb-29-a.html
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Wondering if anyone has similar experience and agrees with my read on this...

Situation
* Opened Amex Gold Business (OPEN) card in 6/2010. Closed about a year later. Received 50k Amex MR upon spending $10k.
* Have Amex Premier Rewards Gold card open currently.
* Have Amex Delta Platinum Business (OPEN) card open currently.

The T&C says "Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer."

Am I disqualified because I and separately Gold card member (via Amex PRG) AND an Open member (via Delta Plat Business)?

Or am I qualified because I'm not an "American Express Open Gold Card member" currently?

Thanks!
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:34 am
mia

Originally Posted by msp2msy
Am I disqualified because I and separately Gold card member (via Amex PRG) AND an Open member (via Delta Plat Business)?
No.
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Amex Business OPEN 75k offer - today only, 2/29/12

75K MR points after spending $10,000 in 4 months. Fee free for the first year. Today only. This card gives you 3x on airfare, 2x on advertising, gas and shipping, and 1x on everything else. Not sure if it's been posted somewhere else in FT. Mods, feel free to move if needed.

http://www262.americanexpress.com/la...d/pm0009/43211
Old Feb 29, 2012, 9:52 am

Programs: AA Gold
Wink got it!!

Originally Posted by mia
Just applied, got approved in 60 seconds. I can have the $10K spend on the card in one month. At this time, I have no airline I'd send the MR points to for an award ticket, but starting with 75K I'm sure I can take a trip somewhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.