Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold Card offers [2011/12]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, A3 *A Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat
Old vs New AmEx Biz Gold Rewards

FYI,

There are two different versions of the American Express Business Gold Rewards Card.

New

Old

Apparent differences:

New = 3x points airfare, 2x points Advertising, Gas, Shipping, 1x all else
Old = 1x points for everything

New = $175 annual fee
Old = $180 annual fee (I thought it was less, though the page now shows this)

Seems like a no brainer to get the new card. I applied, and somehow got the old card. I called and they are in the process of switching the card to the new one.

Questions are:

1) Do all the same promotions apply to both cards? IE 75k sign-up bonus for $2k spend. 10k pts for each of 5 authorized users. 10k points for 15 transactions.
2) Is it possible to apply and get both cards?
3) If I had both cards could all of the benefits in #1 be on both cards?

Well, the "New" card seems like the more attractive offer on the surface, so I'll start with it and see how far it goes. Later will consider applying for the "old" Business Gold Rewards.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 2:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
American Express Business Gold Reward Card - 50,000 points

just received an email for a business reward gold card that has a lower spend limit than the $10k spend in 5 months. if you spend $2k in 5 months you will receive 50,000 points.

two important points:
- apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID 6830 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than November 28, 2011,
- Existing American Express OPEN® Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer.

*I'm not sure if this was targeted for certain people*

Terms & Conditions
1 To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID 6830 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than November 28, 2011, and (2) charge $2,000 of eligible purchases** on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 150 days of Card membership. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 50,000 bonus points per Card account. Existing American Express OPEN® Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited-time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. If your application is approved by American Express after November 28, 2011, you will not be eligible for this $2,000 spend incentive bonus offer. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

** "Eligible Spending" includes purchases of goods or services, which purchases have not been returned or otherwise credited to your Card account: it does NOT include fees, Interest Charges, Balance Transfers, Cash Advances or similar means of accessing your Card account, or the purchase of American Express Travelers Cheques, American Express Gift Cheques, or other cash equivalents.

2 Earn triple points on airfare (Bonus ID 5986) and double points on advertising (Bonus ID 5988), shipping (Bonus ID 5987), and gas (Bonus ID 5989) on the first $100,000 of eligible purchases in each category each calendar year, and single points thereafter. The $100,000 purchase cap resets for each of the four categories each calendar year. Only for airfare purchases on all scheduled U.S. and international passenger airlines, and charges at U.S. stand-alone gas and commercial fuel stations, courier, postal, and freight services, and media, graphic design, tradeshows and advertising services are eligible for bonus points. Purchases made for advertising, shipping and gas outside of the United States will earn single points. Charges at tour operators, charter flights, superstores or warehouse clubs will also earn single points. The merchant must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant or industry code for you to receive double or triple points. You will earn a single point on all other eligible purchases. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable prepaid cards or purchases of other cash equivalents. Membership Rewards® program terms apply; visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).

3 Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
Link please?
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:23 am

The "New" Business Gold Card: 3X, 2X, 1X points

I'm seeing ads for the "new" business gold card which advertises this...

Earn triple points on airfare (Bonus ID 5986) and double points on advertising (Bonus ID 5988), shipping (Bonus ID 5987) and gas (Bonus ID 5989) on the first $100,000 of eligible purchases in each category each calendar year, and single points thereafter.

Being as how I spend about $75,000 per year on shipping, this could be very valuable to me.

I am a current AMEX business gold cardholder, but I don't receive these benefits. You think AMEX will add these provisions to my account? If they don't, do you think I would be able to cancel my current card and reapply?

Any experiences in this regard with AMEX? Thanks for the insight!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
I'd just apply for the Business Rewards Gold, get the 50k signup bonus when you spend $15k within 6 months and then get rid of the regular business gold (which has been discontinued anyway).

Seems like you will rack up TONS more points with the Business Rewards card. If you upgrade they most likely wont give you any sign-up bonus.

When you apply, just make sure you are signed out of your Amex account or else the 50k offer wont show
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Folded vertosman's question into the consolidated thread discussing Business Gold offers. There is some previous discussion of the "new" card, but I don't think anyone knows if existing cards will be enhanced with the category bonuses.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:10 am

I emailed AMEX to ask if the new terms apply to old business gold cards, and if not, am I eligible to hold both cards. I'll post the results here.

On my old AMEX gold, I signed up with an offer that gives 25,000 bonus points each year for a $30K spend, forever. Since I have no problem with the $30K spend, that would make the card worth keeping despite the $125 fee.

If I can also get the new AMEX gold, I can put all of my shipping on it and get the double points.

That would be ideal!
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:39 pm

I've been trying to get bumped for the Business Gold Card for the last week now - no luck. There's another thread explaining the difficulties. YMMV if you expect to be bumped.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by LtWaldo
I've been trying to get bumped for the Business Gold Card for the last week now - no luck. There's another thread explaining the difficulties. YMMV if you expect to be bumped.
I heard back from AMEX and they said they could switch my current business
gold to the new business gold.

I would give up my annual 25,000 point bonus, however. So now Im wondering if I can apply for and hold both cards. AMEX did not specify, so I think I might just submit the application and see what happens.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:24 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
50k MR for $10k in 5 months - Business Gold Rewards Card [Not Targeted] Expires Nov28

http://www262.americanexpress.com/la...booming-Forbes

Not targeted as far as I can tell, both myself and my wife saw it.

"To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID 6752 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than November 28, 2011, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 150 days of Card membership. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 50,000 bonus points per Card account. Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply."

I can't get it unfortunately because I just got a OPEN Gold card before it went all Premiere Rewards style.

Though, if anyone who has a OPEN account and is willing to give it a whirl, I'd be curious if you succeed and may try myself.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I just got the 50k for 10k spend offer. Is it possible to change this to 75k?
Old Oct 5, 2011, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
data point: 50k for $5k

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I just got the 50k for 10k spend offer. Is it possible to change this to 75k?
Just got targeted email for 50k points for $5k spend by Feb 2012. Is there a 75k promo or a lower spending limit promo out there?
Old Oct 9, 2011, 11:57 am

HI there,

I currently have a business gold card from october 2010. If I cancel it and sign up for this card, will I get the bonus points?

Originally Posted by sthubbar
FYI,

There are two different versions of the American Express Business Gold Rewards Card.

New

Old

Apparent differences:

New = 3x points airfare, 2x points Advertising, Gas, Shipping, 1x all else
Old = 1x points for everything

New = $175 annual fee
Old = $180 annual fee (I thought it was less, though the page now shows this)

Seems like a no brainer to get the new card. I applied, and somehow got the old card. I called and they are in the process of switching the card to the new one.

Questions are:

1) Do all the same promotions apply to both cards? IE 75k sign-up bonus for $2k spend. 10k pts for each of 5 authorized users. 10k points for 15 transactions.
2) Is it possible to apply and get both cards?
3) If I had both cards could all of the benefits in #1 be on both cards?

Well, the "New" card seems like the more attractive offer on the surface, so I'll start with it and see how far it goes. Later will consider applying for the "old" Business Gold Rewards.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jtduarte
HI there,

I currently have a business gold card from october 2010. If I cancel it and sign up for this card, will I get the bonus points?
Having signed up just a year ago, I do not think you'll get the bonus if you cancel now and re-apply. As always, YMMV.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:17 am

(Non-targeted?) Amex Biz Gold 50k bonus (expires 11/28)

Not sure if this has been noted here already -- I did a quick scan and didn't see it -- but the American Express Business Gold card has a 50k signup bonus with a $10k spend within the first five months. The deal expires in about ten days. Bonus ID 6752

http://www262.americanexpress.com/la...d/pm0003/43202

Terms & Conditions:

1 Earn triple points on airfare (Bonus ID 5986) and double points on advertising (Bonus ID 5988), shipping (Bonus ID 5987) and gas (Bonus ID 5989) on the first $100,000 of eligible purchases in each category each calendar year, and single points thereafter. The $100,000 purchase cap resets for each of the four categories each calendar year. Only for airfare purchases on all scheduled U.S. and international passenger airlines, and charges at U.S. stand-alone gas and commercial fuel stations, courier, postal, and freight services, and media, graphic design, tradeshows and advertising services are eligible for bonus points. Purchases made for advertising, shipping and gas outside of the United States will earn single points. Charges at tour operators, charter flights, superstores or warehouse clubs will also earn single points. The merchant must submit the charge under the appropriate merchant or industry code for you to receive double or triple points. You will earn a single point on all other eligible purchases. Eligible purchases are purchases for goods and services minus returns and other credits, and do not include fees or interest charges, balance transfers, cash advances, purchases of traveler's checks, purchases or reloading of reloadable prepaid cards or purchases of other cash equivalents. Membership Rewards® program terms apply; visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276).

2 To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID 6752 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than November 28, 2011, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 150 days of Card membership. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards® account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 50,000 bonus points per Card account. Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers.
Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.

3 Purchase Protection is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0951 or Policy PP-IND and is subject to change with notice. This document does not supplement or replace the Policy.

4 Extended Warranty is underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company, Administrative Office, Phoenix, AZ. Coverage is determined by the terms, conditions, and exclusions of Policy AX0953 or Policy EW-IND and is subject to change with notice. This document does not supplement or replace the Policy.

5 Coverage is limited to 90 days from purchase, up to $300 per item and up to a maximum of $1,000 per Cardmember account per calendar year. Shipping and handling charges will not be reimbursed. Subject to additional terms, conditions and exclusions.

6 OPEN Savings®: Savings range from 3% to 10%. Payment must be made with an American Express® Business Card at the time of purchase; savings will be credited to your account. If purchases that received the OPEN Savings discount are refunded, the OPEN Savings discount will be reversed and debited from your account. Please review your monthly Cardmember statement in order to confirm proper crediting of returns. If you believe that returns have not been properly credited to your account, please call the number on the back of your Card. Other restrictions or limitations may apply. Subject to offer terms and conditions located at open.com/opensavings. Merchant participation and offers are subject to change without notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.