Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold Card offers [2011/12]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 2:52 pm

AMEX New BIZ Gold Rewards Card

Never have a received an invitation for a BIZ class but received one with an RSVP code. Does this mean I should have no problem qualifying for the Card? Also, I have Never had a BIZ card before. If I should be fortunate enough to get approved for a Biz card, would this mean I would have an easier time getting approved for future ones by other Banks? My FICO score is in the 800 but it will be sole proprietary with selling stuff on ebay as a part time "hobby".
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:06 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
What's the sign on bonus of ur offer?
Old Dec 30, 2011, 9:05 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by allanfan
What's the sign on bonus of ur offer?
I don't know if his was the same as mine, but I just got one in the mail for 50,000 points. I think the minimum spend was $5000 in three months, but I can't swear to that part.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 5:18 am

Programs: A few
Yes I got the same, or rather my wife did. 50k for $5k spend in first 90 days.

With the first year fee waived we might bite on this. The $175 for our personal Premier Rewards Gold card comes up soon, so this will give us much the same benefits for free for another year
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:31 am

Mine is the same as everyone here. However, this is the very first time I ever received a Biz offer from any bank.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 2:18 am

Programs: Curr Noob, Ex Road Warrior
Somehow I always get those 0% APR offers from various credit cards but never the miles offers. I can use a PRG or business rewards offer that gets you 3 points per dollar on airfare with a good bonus. Hopefully there is an open offer soon.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Hello. Happy, healthy and safe new year to all. I’m planning to apply for an AMEX Business Gold Rewards Card with my next churn in a week or two but I can’t find any current public application pages with initial bonuses, either first use or spend related. If anyone is aware of any such offers, please direct me accordingly. Thanks very much.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
No more 75k PRG Amex Business Bonus?

I can't find any live web evidence of it anywhere... in fact, I can't even find a single bonus offer (10k, 15k, nothing) anywhere. Anyone have a BUSINESS PRG referral worth anything? Or know if there's a decent offer out there for public (have rec'd nothing in the mail or email).

I need to be on this card with my monthly ~2.5k AdWords spend. Assume that for sole proprietors, this combines with our personal MR account?
Old Jan 6, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: All of the Above
So the Mrs. and I signed up for the 75K Biz Gold after $10K spent back in November on the 1 day event.

So I wanted to wait until 1/1/12 to meet the spending requirements for Biz tax purposes, so I met the spending on 1/2 and 1/3 for mine and the Mrs. Biz cards. Today her bonus posted (not pending)! 5K of her's was Advertising that I charged on 1/2, so she had 80K post to her MR account today (75K plus 5K bonus). If that's the case, I'm assuming mine will post tomorrow. No waiting for pending activity to post or anything, just bam, there it is.

Super easy compared to the bonus IDgate of earlier this year.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Here is a current offer.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by gv111
Here is a current offer.
Thank you very much, just what I was looking for but couldn't find. 10k is a big spend but at least they allow 5 months. Thanks again.
Old Jan 19, 2012, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by gv111
Here is a current offer.
Thanks again, please consider your reply as a very good deed and an act of kindness. Just applied on line. Had my doubts. Currently have 4 personal and 1 business AmEx cards and applied as sole proprietor using my name as the business name. Instant approval, with (unsolicited) expedited delivery “in 2-3 days”. So far, so good. Guess I know which card will be in my wallet for the next 5 months!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 1:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Thanks again, please consider your reply as a very good deed and an act of kindness. Just applied on line. Had my doubts. Currently have 4 personal and 1 business AmEx cards and applied as sole proprietor using my name as the business name. Instant approval, with (unsolicited) expedited delivery “in 2-3 days”. So far, so good. Guess I know which card will be in my wallet for the next 5 months!
You are very welcome.

BTW where do you think I got that link from - right here on FT on an AMEX advertisement .
Old Jan 19, 2012, 6:30 pm

As I wrote, I looked and didn’t find anything. Sometimes you just need a different set of eyes! It’s nice that people are helpful. Thanks again.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:20 am

OH WELL …

Bubble bursting …
Best laid plans …
Bait and switch …

Received card via FedEx yesterday. Activated. Called Customer Service to confirm bonus late last night, Phoenix call center, was told “system update, unable to confirm now”. Called again today, Phoenix call center, rep couldn’t find any promotion. I provided the webpage as per the link above, which clearly states “2012” at the bottom. After 10 minutes on hold I was told it’s an expired promotion (as of Dec 4) and that there is no initial spend promotion on my account. Discussed for a while, became clear I was hitting my head against a wall. Rep couldn’t even give me the CEO’s mailing address.

I’m wondering what to do now. $10,000 is significant spending for me, basically everything for 4-5 months. I have several cards with double points for many categories of spending so if this bonus is not to be there is little reason for me to use the card. AmEx has a recent history of not honoring promotions, I’m beginning to think this is yet another example.

So, any suggestions? Another call? Secure message? Hard copy letter? Give up? Thanks.

(Yes, I’ve already saved the screenshot and printed the webpage.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.