AMEX Business Gold Card offers [2011/12]

Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:41 pm
Original Poster

AMEX Business Gold Card offers [2011/12]

I wish I knew the promo code. I just saw a post on SlickDeals (on June 3rd) saying that they got this offer through regular mail. Does anyone out there know a promo code for this deal?

A few people signed up for this card last year when they had a promo of 50,000 MR points for $10,000 spent in 4 months. I tried to call AMEX and see if I can get 25,000 additional points, they needed a promo code.

Again, this is for Business not personal, anyone out there who knows about it?

Thank you,

PedroNY

Last edited by mia; Sep 4, 2011 at 8:57 pm
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:02 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Bonus ID 6497 it says here:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1102545/
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:07 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Is there a link out there, or would this be something one should call in for?
Old Jun 5, 2011, 3:20 pm

See this post of mine - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16508478-post534.html

It seems that there is now an alternative code that will let you get the 50k.
Old Jun 5, 2011, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by abcx
See this post of mine - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16508478-post534.html

It seems that there is now an alternative code that will let you get the 50k.
As I noted on May 21, that's a good code, but it's only 1 year free (not 2, as for the thread title promo).
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance (Gold), HHonors (Diamond), Emerald Club (Exec Elite), SPG Plat, Clubcarlson Gold
I got a mail for the gold rewards card. Applied and got approved

50k + 1 year free
Old Jun 7, 2011, 12:18 pm

Points pending

I just made $1,000 spending last several days.

I called in, and was told this billing cycle (June 24), I will have 10k points, then get the rest (65k points) in next billing (July 24), then AMEX will make those points available to me.

Do I still have time to transfer the total amount of 75K points to my British Airways acct, get the 50% bonus?

Thanks,
Old Jun 7, 2011, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Score!

Called Membership Rewards directly, 1-800-297-3276 and got addtional points! My story was simple, I called to say that "I recently signed up for Business AMEX Gold..." and my original promotion was 50,000 points, can they extend a courtesy adjustment to the new offer Promo Code: 6497 which offers 75,000 points.

It should be noted, my original offer required a spend of $10,000, and this one is only $2,000, so I pointed that out. Also, I got a little pushback saying that this is a new offer only started in May and I received my card in November -- that is true. However, I did play the "I been AMEX cardholder for XX years...good customer... can you please double check if you can extend this courtesy credit of 25,000 points to me..."

It took about 6 minutes on the phone, 25,000 additional Membership Rewards points posted instantly.

Cheers,

PedroNY

Last edited by PedroNY; Jun 23, 2011 at 3:06 pm
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:06 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by cjzhang2000
I just made $1,000 spending last several days.

I called in, and was told this billing cycle (June 24), I will have 10k points, then get the rest (65k points) in next billing (July 24), then AMEX will make those points available to me.

Do I still have time to transfer the total amount of 75K points to my British Airways acct, get the 50% bonus?

Thanks,
If your points do indeed post with those dates, you should be fine since the BA transfer is basically automatic and runs until 7/31. I think my mom will be on a similar schedule, so my fingers are crossed for both of you that all goes smoothly!
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:54 pm

Programs: F9, UA, AA, HH, WN
I received this offer in the mail. I don't have the offer code any longer. However when I entered the offer code, my information appeared. Interestingly, I have a personal Amex and I had an Amex business card for another business that I cancelled for the AA 75,000 mile card. The previous Amex business card has the same office address as the new one and obviously the social security number matched. The new one is for a business that has very little in the way of expenses.

I am very pleased to have gotten the offer.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
Congrats to PedroNY!

I had sent a similar request to AMEX via my account contact portal and got a big fat NO, not even a few thousand points as a thank you for being a customer since 1985.

oh well.....as always guess these things are a YMMV
Old Jun 9, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Just how does one get on Amex's mailing list for a business card?
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:13 pm

FYI, there's a thread that pre-dates this one in Miles Buzz:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...offer-75k.html

Just posted my experience there. In short you can get this without being targeted (and a slightly better offer you can match to).

Last edited by HikerT; Jun 10, 2011 at 2:37 pm Reason: edited link
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:28 am

Received this offer also in the mail and just applied for it... Got approved...

Now waiting to spend 2k until october (easy) and then hope to receive the points...

Thank you Amex, was waiting for such offer

PS: There is a personal invitation code in the mailing that you have to enter when applying...so the bonus code won't really help!
Old Jun 23, 2011, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sunriser
Received this offer also in the mail and just applied for it... Got approved...

Now waiting to spend 2k until october (easy) and then hope to receive the points...

Thank you Amex, was waiting for such offer

PS: There is a personal invitation code in the mailing that you have to enter when applying...so the bonus code won't really help!
YMMV on this one, honestly it is something worth trying without personal invitation. Call Membership Rewards program directly, use the phone number provided above, call on a weekend (that's when I always do it), and if you get rejected, well try again a few hours later -- I was shocked that they extended this to me, but if I didn't try, I would not have receieved additional points.

Best,

PedroNY

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.