Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX Business Gold Card offers [2011/12]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2011, 11:14 pm

AMEX Business Gold pre-approved offer, but no business?

My wife was targeted for AMEX Bus Gold but she's opened 4 cards recently. If she applies for the Amex Bus Gold, is there a chance they will decline her for numerous inquiries even though they're targeting her despite her recently card openings?

She doesn't have a business and plan to use sole proprietary but what do you put for business income? Her personal income or some arbitrary number like $2,000?

Her offer states that she may be required to submit business entity or formation documents.

Anyone care to share how they went about applying for their business card when you don't have a true business?
Old Jul 7, 2011, 4:17 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by hqly2001
...is there a chance they will decline her for numerous inquiries even though they're targeting her despite her recently card openings?
Yes. Offers are prepared well in advance of distribution. That's why a "pre-approved" offer is not a "guaranteed acceptance" offer. American Express will pull a current credit report if she applies.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
When I got my Business Green Amex, they just had me use my income and SSN as sole proprietor... Got approved...

Incidentally, what's the offer?

Last edited by mia; Jul 8, 2011 at 5:19 pm Reason: Combine two consecutive replies
Old Jul 9, 2011, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum, AA million miler, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver
Amex Business Gold - 75K points and no fee first year [Targeted]

I just signed up for the Amex Gold Business card for 75,000 MR points and no fee for the first year. I received a targeted flyer in the mail.

Hopefully they will target me for the PLAT card and give me additional MR points.

Great deal.

David
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:13 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond

I got an offer in the mail yesterday for 75k MR points after $2k spend by 12/6/11. Bonus ID is 6678. It says promotion runs from 7/12/11 to 12/6/11

It's a Business Gold Rewards card. Should I just take this offer or can I get the personal card with only $1k spend instead?

Last edited by tormapleaf; Jul 28, 2011 at 9:26 am
Old Jul 28, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by go4bal
I just signed up for the Amex Gold Business card for 75,000 MR points and no fee for the first year. I received a targeted flyer in the mail.

Hopefully they will target me for the PLAT card and give me additional MR points.

Great deal.

David
+1. My husband did this and we are hoping for Amex Plat offer for him also. He applied for Personal and Business at the same time (both targeted) and was approved for both. As far as I can tell, there was only 1 credit pull.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:37 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by tormapleaf
I got an offer in the mail yesterday for 75k MR points after $2k spend by 12/6/11. Bonus ID is 6678. It says promotion runs from 7/12/11 to 12/6/11

It's a Business Gold Rewards card. Should I just take this offer or can I get the personal card with only $1k spend instead?
Is the annual fee waived for the first year?

Thanks.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pgary
Is the annual fee waived for the first year?

Thanks.
Yes, annual fee is waived.

Can I still get the 75k MR points for a personal gold card with $1k spend instead of the business gold with $2k spend?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: AA EXP
Amex has been spamming me (every few weeks) with this 75k for 2k spend on the business gold card for several months now. Finally caved and was instantly approved. I think the card compares pretty badly for daily spend (gas/groceries/airfare) to the premier rewards gold, but I'll certainly take the bonus!
Old Aug 23, 2011, 1:52 pm
mia

"New" Business Gold Rewards Card - 50k points for $10k spend in 5 months

American Express has reworked this card to more closely resemble the personal Premier Rewards Gold. It isn't clear if these changes will apply to existing accounts:

3X points: airfare
2x points: gasoline, advertising, shipping

$175 annual fee, waived first year
$ 50 annual fee for "unlimited" employee cards, waived first year

http://www262.americanexpress.com/bu...n_popularcards

There is a new account bonus (50,000 points for $10,000 spend) but existing Business Gold Rewards cardholders are explicitly excluded.

Last edited by mia; Aug 25, 2011 at 2:46 pm
Old Aug 25, 2011, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta, UAL, AMEX MR
I had the old gold business card and applied and got the new one with the 50K MR points on a 10K spend in the first 5 months.

Originally Posted by ENFO
But to take the example of the "new Business Gold Card", you're only specifically excluded if you already have the old version of the card.
Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:35 pm

Business Gold - 50k points for $10k spend in 5 months

This looks new (to me).
Spend $10,000 in 5 months, get 50,000 MR points. No annual fee first year.
Airfare earns 3x. Advertising, gas, shipping earns 2x.

http://www262.americanexpress.com/la...d/pm0003/43207

Last edited by UserMark; Aug 25, 2011 at 2:14 pm
Old Aug 25, 2011, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Here we go again. For those tempted to call with yet another bonus code, please read the T&C very carefully to make sure you qualify:

To be eligible to receive the bonus points, you must (1) apply for the new Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express OPEN using Bonus ID 6752 prior to termination of this offer, but in no event later than November 28, 2011, and (2) charge $10,000 of eligible purchases on the Business Gold Rewards Card in the first 150 days of Card membership. The bonus points will be credited to your Membership RewardsŪ account 6-8 weeks after you have met the purchase requirement. Offer limited to 50,000 bonus points per Card account. Existing American Express OPEN Gold Card members are not eligible for this offer. This is a limited time offer, which may be terminated by American Express at any time. Offer may not be combined with any other promotional offers. Membership Rewards program terms and conditions apply.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:15 am
mia

Originally Posted by dreamtripper
I had the old gold business card and applied and got the new one with the 50K MR points on a 10K spend in the first 5 months.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Was your "old" Business Gold Rewards card account open at the time you applied for the "new" version? How do you know you will receive the bonus? Merely having the application approved is no assurance that that the bonus will apply if you did not meet the requirements.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: Delta, UAL, AMEX MR
The old Business Gold Rewards card was open a the time I applied for the new one.

Right after I applied online, I got a mailer with an offer to apply for the new Gold Business Card - same 50K bonus, but this time with a $1k spend in 3 months.

Very annoying - but I'll call AMEX to see if they will switch me to the latter offer. Personally, the few times I've called AMEX to ask about points, they've shown very little flexibility in bending the rules.

Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk.

Was your "old" Business Gold Rewards card account open at the time you applied for the "new" version? How do you know you will receive the bonus? Merely having the application approved is no assurance that that the bonus will apply if you did not meet the requirements.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.