Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is 50k MR Points offer for first time Platinum members still valid? (Bonus ID 4986)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2011, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX PLAT
No it doesn't.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:11 pm

Got my card today, called customer service immediately to verify the bonus number is on my account. They confirmed it was. Activated, advanced 50k to Delta for the 50% bonus and Silver Elite, and promptly spent over half of the needed $1000 thanks to an invoice for baby pictures :S
Old Mar 4, 2011, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I checked the Canadian AMEX website.. www.americanexpress.ca .. no 50K deal. I assume that everyone's talking about the US site www.americanexpress.com

Or am I missing out on a 50K deal American Express I should be getting on right away?

If so.. can somebody PM me the link or post the link.. I like to get on it right away.^
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I checked the Canadian AMEX website.. www.americanexpress.ca .. no 50K deal. I assume that everyone's talking about the US site www.americanexpress.com

Or am I missing out on a 50K deal American Express I should be getting on right away?

If so.. can somebody PM me the link or post the link.. I like to get on it right away.^
There is no 50k Canadian Plat offer- just for US cards

Last edited by thepointsguy; May 10, 2011 at 9:10 am
Old Mar 4, 2011, 11:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
There is no 50k Canadian Plat offer- just for US cards, which is still active.
Cool.. just double checking I didn't miss the Canadian AMEX point promo.

Wasn't there just a US 100K point offer for New Platinum Charge Card holders? What's then all the fuss over 50K?
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
Originally Posted by ohmark
I'm in about the same time-frame. Points haven't posted so I used the secure message system to ask. They responded that I'm qualified for the offer, and that points should post in 4-6 weeks.
I had no patients so I asked them to expedite posting.
They posted next day.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by akcae
Count this as another confirmation. I've had the DL Plat for about 10 years. I just applied, and was approved for the Platinum charge card (non-branded) through the 50K MR promotion. Confirmed today via secure messages that I will indeed receive the bonus once I reach the $1000 spend. ^
Same - I just received the DL Platinum as a new card about 2 weeks BEFORE I applied for and received the AmExPlatinum in late January.

I received the DL bonus for the miles transfer and also had the 50K MR points post to my account (although I did send a secured email to get them to post them).
Old Mar 6, 2011, 7:54 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
In 2010 I did the 50K new amex plat promo to get 75K skymiles and 25K mqm with no problems.

In January my wife signed up for the promo. Advanced the points. Transferred the points got the skymiles/mqm's.

The pts for the $1000 spend appear as pending, but the 50K points do not.

I had sent secure msg. Response said 6-8 weeks to post.

Because this was different than my experience, I called in.

Rep says he does not see the promo. Rep says I have to call MR which is closed now.

I am a bit nervous.

I am hopeful that a phone call to MR will get them to post, but we applied for the card basically because of the promo so this would be a $500 to $1500 bait and switch if it doesn't post. (need to spend $50000 to pay back points????)

Furthermore, about 5 people in my office applied around the time that my wife applied because of my success with this in 2010 which is the most concerning to me.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
For the record, there is zero mention of expiration date on that offer.

I looked and looked before and now and nowhere does it mention an expiry date as far as I can tell.

Also for the record, I helped one of my coworkers get the card, once he got the card, we called in to ask if the promo were active and the rep stated that "whatever you signed up for should be working"...
Old Mar 6, 2011, 11:32 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
For the record, there is zero mention of expiration date on that offer.

I looked and looked before and now and nowhere does it mention an expiry date as far as I can tell.

Also for the record, I helped one of my coworkers get the card, once he got the card, we called in to ask if the promo were active and the rep stated that "whatever you signed up for should be working"...
Seems to me by my experience is that the rep will confirm the offer that you've taken advantage of on their system. The rep had to go to the website because the rep couldn't see the offer on their internal screen. Somehow the rep confirmed that I would receive the points no matter what.

Waiting for 6 to 8 weeks.. I would be on the phone double checking until confirmed.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
If I applied for this card now, what's the likelihood that I'll get the points in time to xfer to CO before they close that deal (9/30/11)? I'm thinking that's plenty of time....
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:42 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by kendenton
...thinking that's plenty of time....
Agreed.
Old Mar 7, 2011, 1:45 pm

Programs: continental, united premier, hyatt diamond, marriott silver, priority club platinum amb,hilton gold
Each time I click on the link for this offer Its says upgrade now. I do not see the 50k offer. Am I misssing something?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by stinkycop
Each time I click on the link for this offer Its says upgrade now. I do not see the 50k offer. Am I misssing something?
Clear your cookies or go to InPrivate browsing. I had to do InPrivate to get the offer.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:48 am

If you do contact MR customer service, make sure you do reference bonus offer # 4986 (per the title of this thread!)

At least in my case (I applied in Mid - January), after 30 minutes on hold with them they finally identified this as the correct offer number that should have been applied to my account (it was not there automatically). I then remembered this thread and realized it would have been a lot more effecient if I went to them with the offer number...

End result: I have satisfied the spend requirement, and they told me the 50,000 bonus points would post by April 3rd (8 weeks after I met the spend criteria.)

I am glad I called them today - it appears that if I had not called them that they would not have automatically credited me the 50,000 bonus MR points...
(as per instructions earlier in this thread, I could have contacted Beth/AMEX through secure messaging on their web site and she probably would have handled it more effeciently...)

Last edited by LarkSFO; Mar 10, 2011 at 12:16 pm Reason: .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.