Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

New Travel Benefits for [USA] Platinum Card and Centurion Card members [15-Sep-2010]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Travel Benefits for [USA] Platinum Card and Centurion Card members [15-Sep-2010]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 11:58 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cinnamon121
2) My parents and SO, who are additional cardholders, don't get this benefit since the fine print specifies it is only for the primary card holder
It's true that your account is eligible for only $200 total credit, but the qualifying transactions can be made by you, your SO, or your parents.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mia
It's true that your account is eligible for only $200 total credit, but the qualifying transactions can be made by you, your SO, or your parents.
Thanks for the clarification. If this is the case, then I appreciate the flexibility for transactions by all cardholders to qualify for the joint $200 credit. Now if we (my additional cardholders and I) could all just agree on one airline for this travel credit....
Old Oct 17, 2010, 4:51 am

(Bear with me ... just signed up and absorbing the terminology ...) It is true that in addition to CO lounges, we will lose access to AA lounges?
Old Oct 17, 2010, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by hemnbrown
(Bear with me ... just signed up and absorbing the terminology ...) It is true that in addition to CO lounges, we will lose access to AA lounges?
Welcome to Flyertalk!
Where did you get an info that will be losing AA lounges?
At the present time only CO is leaving the program.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation AMEX PLAT/CENT- $200/yr for incidental fees on fave airline [LINK MALFUNCTION]

ENROLL TO GET UP TO $200 A YEAR TOWARDS TRAVEL INCIDENTAL FEES ON YOUR FAVORITE AIRLINE

After you choose your airline, you can enjoy up to $200 in statement credits each year for airline incidental fees you incur on your Platinum Card®. This is one of the many great travel benefits on your Card.

Link to register your Platinum and Centurion cards:

[Removed by moderator]

Terms and conditions apply. See terms and conditions below for details.
TERMS & CONDITIONS

Benefit is available to Consumer and Business Platinum Card® and Centurion® members only. To receive statement credits of up to $200 a year toward incidental air travel fees, Card member must enroll and choose a qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/PlatinumAirlineChoice. Only the Basic Card member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card account can enroll and select the qualifying airline. Card members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. It can take up to 48 hours post enrollment and airline choice for the benefit to be effective. Card members who have already selected a qualifying airline will not be able to change their choice until December of each calendar year at which time they may change their airline choice for the following calendar year. Card members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Airfare and incidental air travel fees must be charged on the enrolled Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental air travel charges must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Incidental air travel fees that do not qualify for statement credits are wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners (incidental transactions must be charged by the airline of choice). The airline must submit the airfare and incidental air travel charge(s) under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be eligible. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card members on the enrolled Card account are eligible for statement credits. Each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $200 a year in statement credits, regardless of the number of Cards on the Account. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account. Card members can call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card members are responsible for payment of all charges until the statement credit(s) posts to the account. To be eligible for this benefit, Card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment.

After registering, I got this confirmation:

Confirmation of Enrollment
(please print a copy for your records)

Thank you!

You have successfully enrolled your Card(s) listed below.

When you incur incidental fees while traveling with the airline your selected, you can receive statement credits for the charges that appear on your Platinum Card® for up to $200 a year. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the transaction for statement credits to appear on your account.

Your enrollment will remain in effect for the Card and airline you selected. No action is needed if you wish to continue with your current selection(s). To the extent you wish to change your airline selection(s) for 2012 you may change your selection(s) in December 2011.

$200 airline fees Terms and Conditions link:

http://www.americanexpress.com/$200AirlineFeeCreditPlat/200AirlineFeeCreditPlat.html

Last edited by mia; Oct 20, 2010 at 4:11 pm Reason: Remove link because site is still under construction
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:05 am

Programs: Amex Plat, BMI Silver
It didn't allow me to pick an airline.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by jammanxc
The link is now indeed LIVE......

To register:
Interesting, It gave an option to enroll my Blue Card, however there was no option to choose an airline. I did defer on enrolling my Platinum Card as of now, due to the fact that the program starts December 1st and I have plenty of time

Last edited by mia; Oct 20, 2010 at 4:12 pm Reason: Removed quoted link because site still under construction
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:32 am
mia

Originally Posted by angel.x.martinez
It didn't allow me to pick an airline.
No list of airlines was displayed, but American Express's system now indicates that I have chosen an airline and cannot change until December 2011.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 7:50 am

Programs: AMEX
Me too... I need to call them up?? or
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: American 1 Million + Miles, Hilton HHonors Diamond, RCCL Diamond Plus
AM Ex Platinum

You can't sign up until Dec 10, 2010. Then you pick your airline. The one you pick is good for a year. The good thing is if you fly coach charge the drinks, food, baggage fees, ext.. to your Platinum Card for the Airline you picked and up to $200.00 per year is covered. Of course you must book the Ticket with the Platinum Card. You can use the $200.00 just about anyone you want, even if you buy drinks for a spouse or friend. I ordered a card for my wife so we have $200.00 each. Even Airline change fees would be covered. ^
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:58 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
I did not get the opportunity to pick an airline. It says I am signed up on the confirmation page.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 9:14 am
mia

Originally Posted by vetforus
I ordered a card for my wife so we have $200.00 each.
If your wife applied for a separate account you will be eligible for $200 each. If you ordered a supplementary card on the same account you will be eligible for $200 combined.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 9:26 am
mia

Originally Posted by mia
...system now indicates that I have chosen an airline and cannot change until December 2011.
Originally Posted by Chaiyakan
Me too... I need to call them up?? or
Originally Posted by vetforus
You can't sign up until Dec 10, 2010.
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO
I did not get the opportunity to pick an airline. It says I am signed up on the confirmation page.
I wrote to Customer Service through the secure messaging feature of americanexpress.com and received a reply indicating that it is not possible to register until December 1, 2010. I will save this exchange as evidence that I reported the problem and wait to see if it allows me to register in December. In my opinion it is better to write than to call because you won't really know the resolution for 45+ days.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 3:28 pm

Just heard from Amex

Hi all,

We just received a call from Amex and then an email. They asked us to post the following on their behalf re: this link and promotion:

Important Notice about $200 Airline Fee Credit Enrollment Website
We are excited about the upcoming launch of the new Platinum Card benefits -- including the $200 Airline Fee Credit. To take advantage of this benefit, you need to enroll starting December 1, 2010 and designate your preferred airline. The link that was posted on this thread earlier today is to a site that is still under construction. If you attempt to register on this site, your registration will not be completed. Please return to the site on December 1, 2010 to enroll. We sincerely apologize for any confusion this might have caused. We will be notifying Platinum Cardmembers closer to December 1, 2010 to remind them to enroll and take full advantage of this benefit as soon as it is available. In the meantime, you can visit americanexpress.com/transformtravel to learn more about the $200 Airline Fee Credit and your other new benefits.

Thanks so much!
Hope this helps clarify things for those of you who might be wondering if you had successfully registered or not.

Originally Posted by jammanxc
ENROLL TO GET UP TO $200 A YEAR TOWARDS TRAVEL INCIDENTAL FEES ON YOUR FAVORITE AIRLINE

After you choose your airline, you can enjoy up to $200 in statement credits each year for airline incidental fees you incur on your Platinum Card®. This is one of the many great travel benefits on your Card.

Link to register your Platinum and Centurion cards:

[Removed by moderator]

Terms and conditions apply. See terms and conditions below for details.
TERMS & CONDITIONS

Benefit is available to Consumer and Business Platinum Card® and Centurion® members only. To receive statement credits of up to $200 a year toward incidental air travel fees, Card member must enroll and choose a qualifying airline at www.americanexpress.com/PlatinumAirlineChoice. Only the Basic Card member or Authorized Account Manager(s) on the Card account can enroll and select the qualifying airline. Card members who have not chosen a qualifying airline will be able to do so at any time. It can take up to 48 hours post enrollment and airline choice for the benefit to be effective. Card members who have already selected a qualifying airline will not be able to change their choice until December of each calendar year at which time they may change their airline choice for the following calendar year. Card members who do not change their airline selection will remain with their current airline. Statement Credits: Airfare and incidental air travel fees must be charged on the enrolled Card account for the benefit to apply. Incidental air travel charges must be separate charges from airline ticket charges. Incidental air travel fees that do not qualify for statement credits are wireless internet and fees incurred with airline alliance partners (incidental transactions must be charged by the airline of choice). The airline must submit the airfare and incidental air travel charge(s) under the appropriate merchant code, industry code, or required service or product identifier for the charge to be eligible. Purchases made by both the Basic and Additional Card members on the enrolled Card account are eligible for statement credits. Each Card Account is eligible for up to a total of $200 a year in statement credits, regardless of the number of Cards on the Account. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the qualifying incidental air travel fee is charged to your Card account for statement credit(s) to be posted to the account. Card members can call the number on the back of the Card if statement credits have not posted after 4 weeks from the date of purchase. Card members are responsible for payment of all charges until the statement credit(s) posts to the account. To be eligible for this benefit, Card account(s) must be active and not in default at the time of statement credit fulfillment.

After registering, I got this confirmation:

Confirmation of Enrollment
(please print a copy for your records)

Thank you!

You have successfully enrolled your Card(s) listed below.

When you incur incidental fees while traveling with the airline your selected, you can receive statement credits for the charges that appear on your Platinum Card® for up to $200 a year. Please allow 2-4 weeks after the transaction for statement credits to appear on your account.

Your enrollment will remain in effect for the Card and airline you selected. No action is needed if you wish to continue with your current selection(s). To the extent you wish to change your airline selection(s) for 2012 you may change your selection(s) in December 2011.

$200 airline fees Terms and Conditions link:

http://www.americanexpress.com/$200AirlineFeeCreditPlat/200AirlineFeeCreditPlat.html

Last edited by mia; Oct 20, 2010 at 4:13 pm Reason: Removed quoted link because site is still under construction.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:15 pm
mia

Moderator action

The link to the site that is under construction has been removed to reduce confusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.