FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Using FHR (Fine Hotels & Resorts) for family and friends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1118456-using-fhr-fine-hotels-resorts-family-friends.html)

SP03 Nov 8, 2023 8:46 am

Originally Posted by ubiytza (Post 35728452)
Thanks for your response. Maybe this is a good route to take. Most booking are cancelable, so if I can get a firm confirmation over email, I'll do it.
Now, when putting in the main guest, I am assuming my brother has to put his name, otherwise amex may not issue the $200 credit.

The credit is issued when the charge hits the card.

54austin Nov 8, 2023 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by SP03 (Post 35728819)
The credit is issued when the charge hits the card.

I read that too quickly and thought they were referring to the sometimes-F&B credit.

lowkeyflyer Nov 19, 2023 8:58 pm

How do you add a second guest if there's no special request field in the booking?

54austin Nov 21, 2023 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer (Post 35758081)
How do you add a second guest if there's no special request field in the booking?

Email the hotel directly or you might be able to add the second guest yourself if you can get the hotel's confirmation number and update the record on their website. The latter will likely involve contacting the hotel, so easier just to email them the specific request.

feeling100 Dec 15, 2023 7:27 am

I booked a Hyatt FHR reservation under my husband's name because he is a Globalist with Hyatt. My husband is not an AU on my platinum card. I'M hoping to get 200 credit, it has been 3 days and not credited. Is it safe to assume I won't get the credit if I don't book directly under my own name?

Should I cancel and rebook under my name and ask Hyatt to add his name and Hyatt number to the reservation? Did anyone try?

friedablass Dec 15, 2023 7:33 am

Originally Posted by feeling100 (Post 35824101)
I booked a Hyatt FHR reservation under my husband's name because he is a Globalist with Hyatt. My husband is not an AU on my platinum card. I'M hoping to get 200 credit, it has been 3 days and not credited. Is it safe to assume I won't get the credit if I don't book directly under my own name?

Should I cancel and rebook under my name and ask Hyatt to add his name and Hyatt number to the reservation? Did anyone try?

3 days is too soon to assume you aren't going to get the credit especially when the various type of credits have been taking longer than usual to post the past few weeks - on average about 10 days and also saw a recent report of 3 weeks. The automated system that detects which charges need to get a credit doesn't know that you booked the reservation under your husband's name so that's not a reason why you wouldn't get the credit. So right now, all you need to do is wait patiently, maybe only a little while but perhaps a bit longer and see what happens.

bgriff Dec 15, 2023 7:50 am

Originally Posted by feeling100 (Post 35824101)

I'm confused, it's not possible to make an FHR booking in the name of someone who is not a Platinum card member or AU, so I don't know how you've done this. That said, if you have a prepaid FHR charge on your Platinum card the credit should come ... the credit process wouldn't know whose name is on the booking.

feeling100 Dec 15, 2023 10:11 am

They allow you to edit the name of the main guest when you book. It is no longer grayed out.

lowkeyflyer Dec 15, 2023 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by feeling100 (Post 35824540)
They allow you to edit the name of the main guest when you book. It is no longer grayed out.

I'm looking forward to seeing an update on this as I have been curious if the credit still works when you edit the name.

If he has already checked in, do you know if FHR benefits were extended to him? Such as any experience credit.

feeling100 Dec 15, 2023 6:37 pm

Reservation is in 8/24. I'll provide DP if I get the 200 hotel credit first.

maverickFT Jan 1, 2024 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by feeling100 (Post 35825692)
Reservation is in 8/24. I'll provide DP if I get the 200 hotel credit first.

Did this work?

zzm Jan 27, 2024 7:57 am

Hey folks,
I have an Amex Platinum card and my sister has the Platinum as well.
If I log into my Amex account, and use the travel portal to book an FHR property, but use her credit card on the portal, would she still receive the $200 credit and would I still receive FHR benefits?
Any issue if I don't have her Amex Platinum with me when we get to the hotel, but I present my own card?

54austin Jan 27, 2024 8:25 am

Originally Posted by zzm (Post 35946345)
Hey folks,
I have an Amex Platinum card and my sister has the Platinum as well.
If I log into my Amex account, and use the travel portal to book an FHR property, but use her credit card on the portal, would she still receive the $200 credit and would I still receive FHR benefits?
Any issue if I don't have her Amex Platinum with me when we get to the hotel, but I present my own card?

Your sister should have no problem receiving the $200 credit, but whether or not you receive the benefits will highly depend on how closely the hotel (and their staff) follows the Amex FHR terms. Technically, to receive the benefits, the name on the card must match the name on the reservation.