Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Report Amex website problems here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:22 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Does anyone else get directed to the Amex Fraud prevention page and then looped around (again) to the login screen? I called web support about this once and they had no clue.

Jim
Old Jan 7, 2009, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
US site just worked fine for me 2 minutes ago.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Yes, indeed it is working now.
Old Jan 7, 2009, 8:03 pm

Game on..
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
amex website "down" yet again

just been trying to log into my account online and the site is down again. This seems to be happening very regularly and it looks like amex are having many problems with website glitches.

I also noticed that when I signed on to the US version of the website my account comes up showing me as a Gold card holder instead of Platinum....

weird!

anyone else had the same problem?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Just tried the site and it looked okay to me. But, I was having some difficulty yesterday, so something is stiff off.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Treo 800w Sprint: Treo800w/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE, PPC; 320x320) (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11))

I also have no problems accessing my accounts via amex mobile site.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, *G, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond, Platinum on Blockbuster, GameStop, several library cards
It was definitely down a few minutes ago, and is very flaky now. I'm getting: "We're Sorry. Our System is not responding. You may experience intermittent delays. We apologize for this inconvenience. Try your request again later today." And I have been getting that a lot these days.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:05 pm
BLV

On a slightly different note, but still speaking of problems.

For the past 6 months, at the very least, I have not been able to see # of pending points under Points Balance ---> See your details. I have reported this problem, hm, at least 5 times and to this day I have to call to find out what's pending.

Anyone else?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:07 pm

The Amex site has to be one of the worst out there. It is not user friendly at all. Also why do we need silly music playing on the homepage? I just want a fast, functional, easy to navigate and good looking site.
Originally Posted by thorba
I also noticed that when I signed on to the US version of the website my account comes up showing me as a Gold card holder instead of Platinum....
Same. It shows me as Gold but I have Centurion.

Also -

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...s_website_bug/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/12...ite_bug_redux/
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:38 pm

Programs: VS Gold, Delta Platinum, Amex Centurion, Sixt Platinum
Had similar issues - I do think they should enhance the login process though - with my Bank of America account I have an extra layer that sends a 1 time use code to my cell phone to log in

...but in Amex's favour - there's many other sites that need to improve as well!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Urban Sun
Also why do we need silly music playing on the homepage?
That music does irritate me every time I am login in from a computer that I have not muted it yet.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
Originally Posted by BLV
For the past 6 months, at the very least, I have not been able to see # of pending points under Points Balance ---> See your details. I have reported this problem, hm, at least 5 times and to this day I have to call to find out what's pending.

Anyone else?
I can see pending points under the Statement Details tab.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 1:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Also really (REALLY) irritated by all the outages. I'm trying to get my tax docs together and I really (REALLY) need to get into my online account since I can't find one particular statement.

WHEN will this be fixed? It seems like it's down about half the time lately.

p.s. there's a mobile site???? What is it?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark

p.s. there's a mobile site???? What is it?
IME, when the "regular" site is down, the AmexMobile site is always down as well. I, too, am getting very irritated about this. We only pay $500/year for the "privileges" of having the Amex (Plat), apparently routine account access isn't among those privileges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.