Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JY1024
Print Wikipost

Bombardier CRJ-700 / CR7 New Configuration with First Class & Rollout (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2010, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA ex-Plat
Originally Posted by formeraa
Transitional seat map -- so they don't have a seat dup issue. They won't know which aircraft (F or non-F) until the day before departure. AA does this with all seating transitions.
that's what i thought would be the case, but mine showed up with the "new" equipment about 2 weeks before my flight. thought that was odd/premature.

also, for those that like window seats, the you will have to lean forward to see out no matter which one of the 6 window seats you get.

as a side note, anyone know when seatguru and seat expert will have the new confirguration up on their sites?

Last edited by btwayland; May 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm Reason: added seatguru question
Old May 17, 2010, 11:00 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I just booked a trip in early June that involves an ORD-PHL leg on a CR7. As a Plat I was able to book a seat up front on the "A" side.
Old May 18, 2010, 5:10 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SAN-man
I'm showing assigned in one of those seats on ORD-DCA in 3 weeks. Coach ticket. It just showed as preferred on aa.com so I took it.
+1 for ORDDCA this Friday. 2A showed preferred; selected it; now shows confirmed. Will report.
Old May 18, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, ALL Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club
I recently flew ORD-CLE in 1A on a reconfigured CR7. I have to say that AA/AE did a really nice job with the F cabin - comfortable (and new!) seats, plenty of space, and attentive service. On my flight, a mix of EXP/PLT and non-status folks rode up front. One of the FA's was dedicated to the front while the other worked the back. Since I occasionally have to fly AE, I will happily seek out the new CR7s. ^^
Old May 18, 2010, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by crAAzy
I have heard the following:

1. If you book and choose these seat anytime before July, 2nd on a coach fare, they are you're seat (doesn't matter if you're EXP or Joe Flyer).
2. No need to use stickers to move to these seats prior to July 2nd if you are already booked on the flight and the seat is open.
3. Starting in June, flight attendants will start training for the new F services which will be complimentary to the passengers in those seats.
4. July 2nd --- by this date all CRJs will be converted and FAs trained making it an official commercial F product on this date.

Feel free to correct any of the above if you've heard differently.
Full first class service (i.e. meals/china will be catered) will begin in June, sold as coach. I'ts a trial month before July 2nd when it will be sold as coach. A month for the company to get feedback and change any aspects of the service.
Old May 18, 2010, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Any indications on the routes? More from DFW or ORD?
Old May 18, 2010, 12:03 pm

each meal service flight will have 2 options.....same as mainline, except all entrees cold.

Breakfast: Cereal, Fruit Plate, Yoguart, Bannana, Bagel...
Oatmeal, Fruit Plate, Yoguart, Bannana, Bagel...

Lunch & Dinner Service will be Salads & Wraps dinner receiving a Plated dessert...
Old May 18, 2010, 6:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mattinNYC
each meal service flight will have 2 options.....same as mainline, except all entrees cold.

Breakfast: Cereal, Fruit Plate, Yoguart, Bannana, Bagel...
Oatmeal, Fruit Plate, Yoguart, Bannana, Bagel...

Lunch & Dinner Service will be Salads & Wraps dinner receiving a Plated dessert...
Sounds quite good actually. Hopefully United will take note and adjust their longer CR7/E70 flights accordingly.
Old May 18, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EP; Bonvoy Platinum: Hilton Gold
Just saw on my upcoming DFW to GRK next week one of the legs is on a 700. I didnt suspect we would get any coming in to Killeen, but there it is. I was able to select a bulkhead in seat 1 on the left, I will be looking forward to see what to expect on a 30-minute flight.
Old May 20, 2010, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM
To those who have flown the service: what's a better bang for my buck, cost being equal, SAN-DFW (S80) and DFW-MKE (CR7) or SAN-ORD (738) ORD-MKE (ERD)?
Old May 20, 2010, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
You are the only one who can answer that question. IF you like the MD80s then do the longer route, and experience the new CR700s. IF time is important to you then the connection in ORD is your choice.

Originally Posted by JumboD
To those who have flown the service: what's a better bang for my buck, cost being equal, SAN-DFW (S80) and DFW-MKE (CR7) or SAN-ORD (738) ORD-MKE (ERD)?
Old May 22, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
I just booked a r/t LGA-MSP flight for the first week of June (hello high summer fares!)

It looks like based on the flight, my MSP-ORD leg on the return is in one of the newly reconfigured CR7's because the front cabin is 1 - 2, but no F service up front until July. Am I assuming correctly? Thanks.
Old May 22, 2010, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA ex-Plat
anyone who has flown on the new configuration get a follow up survey from AE?

i just got one for my LIT-DFW leg, presumably becuase it was on the new configuration.
Old May 22, 2010, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by btwayland
anyone who has flown on the new configuration get a follow up survey from AE?

i just got one for my LIT-DFW leg, presumably becuase it was on the new configuration.
I flew on the new config and did not get a survey from AE. I've flown on AE a handful of times in the last two months, and got a follow up survey once for an AT7 flight to or from RSW/MIA (can't remember which way)
Old May 22, 2010, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
The planets have aligned to keep me from flying on these seats. In the past five times I was supposed to fly the CRJ...

1) Client canceled trip, flew elsewhere on mainline
2) Went standby and caught earlier flight
3) Flight was entirely canceled had to fly out a day later
4) Standby again, didn't get get rows 1-3
5) Finally make my scheduled flight in scheduled seat and its one of the last non F-equiped jets!!

I have one more CRJ flight scheduled next week... here is to hoping!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.