Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 16, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archived thread of older posts. The current thread is:
Post by brc757rr, July 2015:
Originally Posted by AA policy regarding PDB
Pre-departure beverages are expected to be offered on all flights. On domestic flights, customers should be offered a beverage of choice. On international flights with bonded liquor, we offer a choice of orange juice, water, sparkling water, sparkling wine and mimosas and will fulfill requests for non alcoholic beverages of choice provided that supplies can be obtained without opening bonded carts and carriers. If pre-departure beverages cannot be served because of operational reasons, flight attendants are expected to apologize to customers and advise that beverages will be served as soon as possible after take off.
Originally Posted by brc757rr
I was able to receive the exact language of the company policy from American Airlines today via Twitter regarding PDB's. I was actually quite impressed they followed up with me regarding a conversation that started a few days ago. I also received a nice note from Hector Adler who I also reached out to who said that pre-departure services were discussed at great length at a meeting late last week. Let's hope things begin to improve and if not we continue to press the FA's to follow company policy.
<content moved to top of wiki>
So there you have it.
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Did a little searching on Twitter. A good hashtag could be just #PDBServed and the condition listed before that. So, something like:

@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG No #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Full #PDBServed
@AmericanAir 08/18 AA123 ORG Limited #PDBServed

This allows all PDB service to be posted, good, bad, and otherwise. This should show AA that we feel this is a desired service. Maybe if someone gets energetic, a summary post could be done, maybe weekly?
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Predeparture Drinks/Beverage (PDB) - When, What and Why Not?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by CMK10
Guys I'll bet each of you that $20 that the OP has never offered a bribe to get a PDB.
^

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
$20 for a PDB? That's one expensive drink. Also some FAs would be offended I should think.
Come on newyorkgeorge, you wouldn't pay $20 for a pour of Dewars White Label in a plastic cup
Old Mar 16, 2016, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
BOS-JFK on A321T in FC....plane arrived early tons of time for "catering" only 10 people in FC and I walk on the plane and I see the dreaded water/OJ set up already to go. Sure enough that's all that's offered. I ask for a white wine and was actually cheerfully accommodated.

Then I hear the lead FA and a male FA (from coach) talking in the forward galley....lead FA says she doesn't want to work for free. The other male FA is complaining about SCABS....what the heck is that? So unprofessional....I'm in 2A and can clearly hear this whole convo.

Also no attempt whatsoever to hang jackets....the guy across from me still has his jacket hung over the console.

Maybe this is why AA is using these planes on such nothing flights instead of more premium transcon frequencies with gems like these AA "AllStars".

Last edited by AANYC1981; Mar 16, 2016 at 11:32 am
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:39 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
BOS-JFK on A321T in FC....plane arrived early tons of time for "catering" only 10 people in FC and I walk on the plane and I see the dreaded water/OJ set up already to go. Sure enough that's all that's offered. I ask for a white wine and was actually cheerfully accommodated.

Then I hear the lead FA and a male FA (from coach) talking in the forward galley....lead FA says she doesn't want to work for free. The other male FA is complaining about SCABS....what the heck is that? So unprofessional....I'm in 2A and can clearly hear this whole convo.

Also no attempt whatsoever to hang jackets....the guy across from me still has his jacket hung over the console.

Maybe this is why AA is using these planes on such nothing flights instead of more premium transcon frequencies with gems like these AA "AllStars".
AFAIK, SCAB is generally a term referring to either someone that is brought in to work during a strike, or as
describes, someone that is pro management.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 1:55 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
AA did not do well at all this week:

DEN-DFW - pmAA A321S - Nada. Zip. Zilch.
DFW-TPA - pmAA MD80 - Nada. Zip. Zilch.
TPA-DFW - pmAA OLD B737-800 - Nada. Zip. Zilch.
DFW-DEN - pmAA A321S - PDB of water ONLY.

pAAthetic.
Old Mar 18, 2016, 3:23 pm

3/17 ORD-CLT, pmUS, Full PDB

3/17 CLT-FLL, pmUS, Water only due to very late arriving FA which pushed boarding back 15 minutes. We still got out on time. So I give that flight a pass. Great service in the air. FA walked the cabin many times during the flight, cheerfully offering refills.
Old Mar 19, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals Club, IHG Gold, Hilton Diamond, National Emerald Executive
AA 1999 dfw-clt LUS no pdb, no drinks offered until hour into flight, meal service not started until 45 minutes prior to scheduled arrival. Complaint filed with aa.
Old Mar 20, 2016, 9:23 pm

3/19, Eagle Flight, MIA-ATL, Full PDB, Good service
3/20, Eagle Flight, ATL-MIA, Was offered pre-poured water. Asked for a Coke and got it. After that others asked and got it as well. So Full(ish) PDB. In the air, LAAzy. One round of drinks and then disappeared for about 45-60 minutes to the back of the plane. Had to ask for a second coke.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 5:42 am
Original Member

Programs: 1k UA, UA MM, AA EXPlat
Stl-ORD--3/20/16
No pdb even though we left 20 mins late due to mechanical issue.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 3:24 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Please keep this thread on topic with your observations and experiences regarding predeparture beverages.

This is not the thread for broad brush rants nor attscks on groups of people.

/Moderator
Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Delete

Last edited by PsiFighter37; Mar 22, 2016 at 10:30 am Reason: Wrong forum
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:26 am

Programs: American AAdvantage EXP, World of Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Rewards Titanium, MGM Rewards Gold
3/23 AA347 MSY-MIA LAA 737 (MIA Based Crew) - Tray of Water or OJ. No snack basket offered.
3/23 AA2386 DFW-MSY LAA 737 - Nothing
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by joepercussion1
3/23 AA347 MSY-MIA LAA 737 (MIA Based Crew) - Tray of Water or OJ. No snack basket offered.
3/23 AA2386 DFW-MSY LAA 737 - Nothing
#Goingforgreat!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage PLT-Pro, Priority Club Plt, Hilton Gold, Hyatt
6 Segments, nothing
3/8/16
2227 STX-MIA
1284 MIA-ORD
160 ORD-SAN

3/12/16
2205 SAN-DFW
1412 DFW-MIA
2317 MIA-STX
Old Mar 24, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Good start

Good start to our vacation. PDB on the ground in PHL-to MIA--bloody Mary. Then another with breakfast followed up by a third! Very attentive FA
Old Mar 24, 2016, 8:12 am
Suspended

Perhaps LAA PDB will finally improve?

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13506...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.