FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/682643-guide-nrt-tokyo-narita-intl-admirals-club-oneworld-lounges.html)

LM225 Apr 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Apologies if this has been answered, as my attempts at search have failed.

I'm flying ORD-NRT in JAL F (on an AA award), and connecting the same day to SIN on JAL C on JL711.

Would we be able to access the F lounge? Which lounge would be your choice in this situation?

Thanks!

canyonleo Apr 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by LM225 (Post 24704753)
Apologies if this has been answered, as my attempts at search have failed.

I'm flying ORD-NRT in JAL F (on an AA award), and connecting the same day to SIN on JAL C on JL711.

Would we be able to access the F lounge? Which lounge would be your choice in this situation?

Thanks!

You're in F, on JL, not sure why one wouldn't be able to access the F Sakura.
If mid-day, there's a lounge in the outer wing, but if you have the time or either of your flights use the inner wing I prefer the Sakura F in that one (although they are quite similar).

Or, are you asking if you might choose the Admirals Lounge?? :D

LM225 Apr 22, 2015 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 24705419)
If mid-day, there's a lounge in the outer wing, but if you have the time or either of your flights use the inner wing I prefer the Sakura F in that one (although they are quite similar).

I was just thinking that perhaps they only grant access based on the departing flight (unless the Sakura F lounge can be used as an arrivals lounge as well?).

And thanks!

Certainly not the Admirals lounge :p

canyonleo Apr 22, 2015 4:52 pm

Oh, well... I guess that's possible that they would base lounge access on departing flight, and not look at arrival flight... just make sure you show them your arriving BP (and departing, as they may need to see that to track you for an update) and I think you'll be OK, but I don't know the formal rule.

I've often done just what you're doing - F connecting to C - but I'm OWE so we can't count that as a perfect test of your question, sorry.

itchief Apr 23, 2015 5:17 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 24705723)
Oh, well... I guess that's possible that they would base lounge access on departing flight, and not look at arrival flight... just make sure you show them your arriving BP (and departing, as they may need to see that to track you for an update) and I think you'll be OK, but I don't know the formal rule.

I've often done just what you're doing - F connecting to C - but I'm OWE so we can't count that as a perfect test of your question, sorry.

Yes you get F lounge access. Show both boarding passes when you enter the lounge and you will be fine.

LM225 Apr 23, 2015 6:14 am

Originally Posted by itchief (Post 24707948)
Yes you get F lounge access. Show both boarding passes when you enter the lounge and you will be fine.

Excellent, thanks!

abk Apr 23, 2015 8:49 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 24705419)

On the outer wing I actually like the Qantas lounge best.

arlflyer Apr 23, 2015 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by abk (Post 24708775)
On the outer wing I actually like the Qantas lounge best.

Agree with this!

serfty Apr 23, 2015 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 24710955)
Agree with this!

Not me - as a Qantas Emerald I find the JAL First lounges far nicer than the Qantas one.

arlflyer Apr 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 24711134)
Not me - as a Qantas Emerald I find the JAL First lounges far nicer than the Qantas one.

Of the ones on the outer pier I still like the Qantas one. All considered, the big JAL F lounge in the main building is certainly the best.

teemuflyer Apr 24, 2015 8:04 am

Sushi Quality Improved at JAL F-Lounge

In the last 2 visits at the JAL F-Lounge, I've noticed that the quality of the made to order sushi has improved quite substantially. Nothing like the small places around Tsujiki, but actually good now!

When they first started the sushi bar sometime last year, it was worse than the stuff you get at a normal supermarket or office cafeteria in the US. A little surprised by the improvement, but pleasantly so. Must of gotten too much grief from frequent visitors.. ;)

itchief Apr 24, 2015 4:09 pm

NRT / Tokyo Narita Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Go to the JAL lounge and get your massage, then move to the Qantas lounge.

saltytheseagull Sep 5, 2015 3:25 pm

What is the consensus regarding JL J vs the AC?

Every time that I've visited NRT I've either been OWE or on an F ticket. This time I'll only be OWS on a Y ticket.

JDiver Sep 5, 2015 3:37 pm

Some of the answer might depend on time of day and length of connection.

saltytheseagull Sep 5, 2015 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 25382224)
Some of the answer might depend on time of day and length of connection.

I'm on AA60, so I'm planning to arrive ~16:30 for a 18:30 departure.