FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/682643-guide-nrt-tokyo-narita-intl-admirals-club-oneworld-lounges.html)

NM Nov 16, 2013 2:39 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 21788322)
Unless you need AAssistance or you wish to use a nice large shower, I recommend going straight to the JAL F Sakura lounge.

That is certainly the way I would be going.

Platinum Cub Nov 25, 2013 7:13 pm

Does anyone have an email address in order to contact the NRT AC?

Just wanted to relay a message to my mother who will be passing through there in a couple of hours. Thank you!

FlyerX Apr 7, 2014 6:22 pm

Wow! What a wealth of information. Thanks for all the contributions in this thread. I discovered the wonder of the Sakura Lounge at both Narita and Haneda last fall.

Is it correct that there are masseuses in the first class lounges only? I've been in the business class lounges only in the NRT satellite and Haneda and thoroughly enjoyed the chairs.

Shareholder Apr 7, 2014 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 22666695)
Wow! What a wealth of information. Thanks for all the contributions in this thread. I discovered the wonder of the Sakura Lounge at both Narita and Haneda last fall.

Is it correct that there are masseuses in the first class lounges only? I've been in the business class lounges only in the NRT satellite and Haneda and thoroughly enjoyed the chairs.

Yes, though the sessions are shorter than those offered by TG in its BKK Spa. Had a nice leg/foot massage for about 15-minutes last week on my way home. The F Sakura Lounge on the main level has human masseuses while the upstairs one has massage chairs (as does the one in the satellite terminal wing you visited). Also has a nice selection of Japanese whiskeys. I checked in with the AA lounge in the basement and it was pretty empty 1-1/2 hours before the LAX flight was to depart. (Haven't checked out the business class JL lounges at either airport.)

Spiff Apr 7, 2014 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 21790992)
Does NRT AC even have a travel desk? I recall needing some help a few years ago and being told they can only deal with lounge issues, not flight issues. Don't recall the details, so it might have been an off time.

However, agree with you that AC showers are superior to JL at NRT (and also to BA at LHR).

Yes, they can help with flight issues. They've processed upgrades for me.

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 22666695)

No, you can go downstairs to the business lounge and also get a massage. In fact, when the F schedule fills up, they will ask if you're willing to use the J massage and will book it for you. You're still responsible for getting down there a couple of minutes early - they won't page you.

FlyerX Apr 8, 2014 8:18 am

Thanks for the answers.

I'm Platinum/Sapphire and flying PUS-NRT-DFW-SFO, coach. Will I be allowed entry into AC lounge in Dallas?

jdgarrido Apr 8, 2014 8:34 am

Originally Posted by FlyerX (Post 22669710)
Thanks for the answers.

I'm Platinum/Sapphire and flying PUS-NRT-DFW-SFO, coach. Will I be allowed entry into AC lounge in Dallas?

Yes you will

FlyerX Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am

Another question. If I book an international flight for myself (paid) and the same itinerary but using miles for someone else, so separately but together, will I be allowed to bring my guest into the lounge, or do we have to be on the same ticket/itinerary?

pjhaas57 Jun 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Delete

emilyk Oct 10, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm not a member of American Airlines , JAL or Oneworld in general.
I will be arriving in T1 on United and transferring to my flight to Taipei in T2 on China Airlines (economy). I have 3 1/2 between flight.
I only have carry on luggage.

If I buy a one day pass to the Admirals Club will I also be allowed to visit the JAL Sakura lounge?

I couldn't find the information on Narita website but I want to arrive at the China Airlines gate 30 min before boarding. How much time should it take to travel from Admirals Club?

thank you =)

arlflyer Oct 10, 2014 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by emilyk (Post 23658033)
I'm not a member of American Airlines , JAL or Oneworld in general.
I will be arriving in T1 on United and transferring to my flight to Taipei in T2 on China Airlines (economy). I have 3 1/2 between flight.
I only have carry on luggage.

If I buy a one day pass to the Admirals Club will I also be allowed to visit the JAL Sakura lounge?

No.

aktchi Oct 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by emilyk (Post 23658033)

No, only ACs, but one can visit different AC locations during the validity of that pass. For example, if one is flying NRT-DFW-ORD and purchases one-day pass in NRT, one can access ACs at all three airports.

A 30-day membership can be an even better deal if you are flying enough during a 30-day period.

emilyk Oct 10, 2014 8:11 pm

thanks for the clarification =)

I purchased the pass from my coworker at a discounted rate. I travel in February 2015 and the passes expire in March 2015.

There's a line that reads "This One - Day pass is presented to".... and "date of use"... do I fill out my own name or will the employees do that for me at check in?

Will they give me a hard time? since the passes were originally meant for my coworker.

How do they account for different time zones? If I visit the AC at SFO it will already be the following day at NRT.

thank you again =)

aktchi Oct 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by emilyk (Post 23659172)
thanks for the clarification =)

I purchased the pass from my coworker at a discounted rate. I travel in February 2015 and the passes expire in March 2015.

There's a line that reads "This One - Day pass is presented to".... and "date of use"... do I fill out my own name or will the employees do that for me at check in?

Will they give me a hard time? since the passes were originally meant for my coworker.

How do they account for different time zones? If I visit the AC at SFO it will already be the following day at NRT.

thank you again =)

You have to carefully see how far you will be from an AC and if security regulations will permit you access. For example pax arriving by AA in Chicago can access AC but those arriving in NRT can't.

I also note that you will be traveling by United and China Airlines. Frankly, AC may not make sense in your case. It is possible to walk between T1, T2, and T3 post security, but you'll have to decide if the effort is justified.

murphyjunk Oct 27, 2014 10:45 am

is there enough time to clear transfer flight security at nrt and use the aa or jal lounge/shower with appx 1hr10 minute transit time?