FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/682643-guide-nrt-tokyo-narita-intl-admirals-club-oneworld-lounges.html)

aj411 Sep 28, 2013 4:23 pm

The flight operated by KE is booked as Business.

Thanks for the input. sounds like I will have some options in my departing terminal then? What are the pros and cons of each? Do any of them have shower facilities? How about food options?

-AJ

TheBOSman Sep 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by aj411 (Post 21521183)

Thanks for the input. sounds like I will have some options in my departing terminal then? What are the pros and cons of each? Do any of them have shower facilities? How about food options?

-AJ

Hate to be this guy but might be best off heading over to the KE or DL forum (or the Japan destination forum) for those answers. I've personally never been in Terminal 1 so I have no clue what goes on over there!

aj411 Sep 28, 2013 5:29 pm

no worries! Appreciate the redirect.:)

-AJ

Spiff Sep 28, 2013 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by aj411 (Post 21521183)

-AJ

KE and DL are both pretty meager. KE was quieter the last time I looked around but the wifi was broken.

AF is supposedly decent but they are only open around the time of the NRT-CDG flight.

AlwaysAisle Nov 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Has anybody been to NRT AC early in the morning, from opening at 7:30 a.m.? Because according to JL website, JAL has started JAL Lounge with American Airlines at NRT AC starting April 22, 2012. According to this JAL is doing lounge service from 7:30 a.m. till 11:30 a.m. at NRT AC serving same food items as served at JAL’s Sakura Lounge.

According to JAL website, morning offerings at NRT Sakura Lounge are:

Soup
Fruit cocktail
Corn flake
Scrambled egg
Sausage
Potato
Breads (croissant, baguette, ekmek)
Yogurt

Japanese offerings:
Steamed white rice
Japanese picked vegetables
Baked fish

JAL websites indicates that above items are served at NRT lounges till 11:00 a.m. Has anybody seen above items served at NRT AC in the morning?

aktchi Nov 13, 2013 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 21780606)
According to this JAL is doing lounge service from 7:30 a.m. till 11:30 a.m. at NRT AC serving same food items as served at JAL’s Sakura Lounge.

If JL is taking care of food at AC, that's great news.

...JAL websites indicates that above items are served at NRT lounges till 11:00 a.m. Has anybody seen above items served at NRT AC in the morning?
I usually head to the JL F lounge directly, so haven't paid attention to AC. However, I expect to be in NRT in late December, so will try to remember and take a look.

JALPak Nov 14, 2013 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 21780606)
Has anybody been to NRT AC early in the morning, from opening at 7:30 a.m.? Because according to JL website, JAL has started JAL Lounge with American Airlines at NRT AC starting April 22, 2012. According to this JAL is doing lounge service from 7:30 a.m. till 11:30 a.m. at NRT AC serving same food items as served at JAL’s Sakura Lounge.

According to JAL website, morning offerings at NRT Sakura Lounge are:

Soup
Fruit cocktail
Corn flake
Scrambled egg
Sausage
Potato
Breads (croissant, baguette, ekmek)
Yogurt

Japanese offerings:
Steamed white rice
Japanese picked vegetables
Baked fish

JAL websites indicates that above items are served at NRT lounges till 11:00 a.m. Has anybody seen above items served at NRT AC in the morning?

Only select items from JAL lounges are available at AC and they are put at the JAL corner for JAL F and oneworld Emeralds

aktchi Nov 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by JALPak (Post 21787738)
Only select items from JAL lounges are available at AC and they are put at the JAL corner for JAL F and oneworld Emeralds

Once again makes me think, why not just go to JAL F directly?

Spiff Nov 14, 2013 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 21788115)

Unless you need AAssistance or you wish to use a nice large shower, I recommend going straight to the JAL F Sakura lounge.

canyonleo Nov 14, 2013 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 21788115)

I do it without thinking at all :D

teemuflyer Nov 15, 2013 7:48 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 21788324)

Yep.. it's hardwired into me too.. :D

canyonleo Nov 15, 2013 9:09 am

Originally Posted by canyonleo (Post 21788324)

Acutally, I'm not a lounge person at all, especially since I'm almost always on AA (lounges offer so little, other than great service) and DL (lounges are a zoo). The only ones I seem to ever use are the int'l ones (other than LAX or ORD F lounges). But, when using NRT, I completely look forward to the JAL F lounge - fine lounge food, great drinks, friendly staff, good internet...

AlwaysAisle Nov 15, 2013 9:46 am

Well, so much for this “JAL Lounge with American Airlines” concept. I have been to both JAL F Lounge and Sakura Lounge at NRT. Very nice place, my must is beef curry served at the lounge. :D

Is JAL doing “JAL Lounge with American Airlines” as an overflow lounge? Can JAL F Lounge and Sakura Lounge at NRT get that busy in the morning?

aktchi Nov 15, 2013 11:24 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle (Post 21790414)
Well, so much for this “JAL Lounge with American Airlines” concept. I have been to both JAL F Lounge and Sakura Lounge at NRT. Very nice place, my must is beef curry served at the lounge. :D...Is JAL doing “JAL Lounge with American Airlines” as an overflow lounge? Can JAL F Lounge and Sakura Lounge at NRT get that busy in the morning?

Sometimes JL do get crowded. They too must have noticed that most travelers prefer them to AC. So this might be a pre-emptive move to divert as many pax to AC as possible.

FWIW, AC showers are better. While using the lounge computers, you also face a lower risk of touching the wrong key and find you are typing Japanese. (The two lounges are near each other, so you could do both. As others have said, CX is best avoided unless both JL and AC are overcrowded. Has never happened to me, though that is my theoretical Plan C.)

aktchi Nov 15, 2013 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 21788322)
Unless you need AAssistance...

Does NRT AC even have a travel desk? I recall needing some help a few years ago and being told they can only deal with lounge issues, not flight issues. Don't recall the details, so it might have been an off time.

However, agree with you that AC showers are superior to JL at NRT (and also to BA at LHR).