FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/682643-guide-nrt-tokyo-narita-intl-admirals-club-oneworld-lounges.html)

tgm33 Jan 26, 2013 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by JSSAUCE (Post 20128977)
I can tell you this much, I am Exec Plat and have flown on AA and JAL both in F and J. I have always been able to use the first class lounge in NRT and HND. My wife who has no status recently flew NRT-ORD in F. At C/I they directed her to the Admirals Club. She called me looking for the massage and I told her she was in the wrong club, and to go ask at the desk. They said , oh sorry go to the JAL club. She did and again directed her to the Sakura lounge and not the F lounge. She asked again and they said sorry, of course come this way to the F lounge. And of this was in Japanese, and she is Japanese. She had a feeling that they did not make a mistake 3 times, rather they were content to let her not use the F lounge.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 20129005)
You'll have access to their F lounge in NRT based off of your F class ticket alone, despite being an AA ticket. This is a OW benefit.

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses! I've never flown international F before so I'm almost looking forward to the F experience as much as the trip to Japan itself.

Dr. HFH Jan 26, 2013 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by tgm33 (Post 20129041)
Thanks for the quick and helpful responses! I've never flown international F before so I'm almost looking forward to the F experience as much as the trip to Japan itself.

Any particular reason you selected AA instead of JL for your first international F flight?

tgm33 Jan 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 20129259)
Any particular reason you selected AA instead of JL for your first international F flight?

I booked it with my AA miles and unfortunately JL hasn't opened up any award seats for the dates I'm traveling. I've been checking everyday to see if something opens up but it looks like weekend dates are rarely available. Hoping I might get lucky and something opens at the last minute...

Doghound Jun 7, 2013 12:36 am

EDIT: I believe I found the answer to my question. Short answer is, yes, I will only have access to the AC.

Which Narita lounges will I have access to while flying Business class on American Airlines with Ruby status? Will I only have access to the Admiral's Club?

ckpeter Jun 7, 2013 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Doghound (Post 20880476)
EDIT: I believe I found the answer to my question. Short answer is, yes, I will only have access to the AC.

Which Narita lounges will I have access to while flying Business class on American Airlines with Ruby status? Will I only have access to the Admiral's Club?

Not only.

As a business class passenger, you will have access to all oneworld business class lounges. I recommend the JAL one as the best in NRT, but AC is good for shower and the QF lounge may be worth a look, if open. Don't bother with the CX one.

pandamimibear Jun 15, 2013 11:53 am

Hello, I am flying to Shanghai from LAX connecting via NRT. My layover time is 5hrs so I am considering purchasing AC day pass. I have three questions....(sorry, I am newbie here and questions may sound dumb...)

1) I am actually not flying AA but would I able to buy AC day pass?
2) Is it worth buying a day pass?
3) Is AC day pass only be used with AC? Or can I also go other OW lounges like JAL?

Thanks in advance!

aktchi Jun 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by pandamimibear (Post 20928355)

If you'd be flying a few times in a 30 day period, consider buying a 30-day membership for $99 (can also bring 2 guests). Heck of a better deal than 1-day pass for $50 (no guests allowed).

TheBOSman Jun 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by pandamimibear (Post 20928355)
Hello, I am flying to Shanghai from LAX connecting via NRT. My layover time is 5hrs so I am considering purchasing AC day pass. I have three questions....(sorry, I am newbie here and questions may sound dumb...)

1) I am actually not flying AA but would I able to buy AC day pass?
3) Is AC day pass only be used with AC? Or can I also go other OW lounges like JAL?

Thanks in advance!

1) Yes, just make sure you are flying an airline that flies through NRT Terminal 2, so you can physically reach the AC. Wouldn't want to have you buy a day pass and find out you were on All Nippon or something like that!
2) See aktchi's sage advice
3) Yes, only good for AC. The NRT AC is among the nicest in AA's system.

And welcome to FT!

pandamimibear Jun 15, 2013 10:17 pm

Thanks aktchi and The BOSman for the responses! 30-day pass may be a good one as I will be traveling with my mother coming back from Shanghai. Good to know!

JDiver Jun 16, 2013 10:11 am

I will get slightly technical and pedantic on my fellow members (but in the end, it's a good thing, and it demonstrates the clear superiority of a $99 one month membership over a $50 day pass in many instances): There is no such thing as a thirty day pass - there are a one day pass (for one person, all Admirals Clubs, sensu stricto - not QF etc.), and thirty day and one year memberships.

The thirty day membership has all the perquisites and privileges of an annual membership, including expanded lounge access (30 QF Clubs when flying QF) and as stated here, and the ability to guest* others in.

*"Up to two guests or immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) may accompany the member."

Originally Posted by pandamimibear (Post 20930536)
Thanks aktchi and The BOSman for the responses! 30-day pass may be a good one as I will be traveling with my mother coming back from Shanghai. Good to know!

aafreq Jun 16, 2013 2:52 pm

THANKS JDiver !
Just solved my resistance to purchasing a
Day pass for two..
"and the ability to guest others in."
For my 9 hr 'layover' @ JFK prior to boarding
AA 951 and July BKK/NRT travels...
Just 'burnin' Miles afore į get too Old .

JDiver Jun 16, 2013 4:20 pm

No worries - and it's good for (of course) thirty days, not just one.

Too old, but still burnin' miles... ;)

Originally Posted by aafreq (Post 20933667)
THANKS JDiver !
Just solved my resistance to purchasing a
Day pass for two..
"and the ability to guest others in."
For my 9 hr 'layover' @ JFK prior to boarding
AA 951 and July BKK/NRT travels...
Just 'burnin' Miles afore į get too Old .

aj411 Sep 28, 2013 2:07 pm

another scenario - which lounge in NRT?

Itinerary
ORD-NRT (booked AA but operated by JAL as 009)
NRT-ICN (booked as JAL but operated by KE)

So for NRT layover, which lounges are accessible? Sakura, JAL with AA, and KE lounge? or just KE lounge?
If it matters, no status that matters and AAdangtage member but not a member of other programs for airlines above.

JAL seems to have so many clauses over use of lounges that they appear to be trying to make it difficult. :-(

-AJ

TheBOSman Sep 28, 2013 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by aj411 (Post 21520675)
Itinerary
ORD-NRT (booked AA but operated by JAL as 009)
NRT-ICN (booked as JAL but operated by KE)

So for NRT layover, which lounges are accessible? Sakura, JAL with AA, and KE lounge? or just KE lounge?
If it matters, no status that matters and AAdangtage member but not a member of other programs for airlines above.

JAL seems to have so many clauses over use of lounges that they appear to be trying to make it difficult. :-(

-AJ

You likely won't be able to physically access JL or AA lounges, as KE leaves from Terminal 1 and all Oneworld lounges are in Terminal 2. You will arrive at Terminal 2, but I believe you will have to go over to Terminal 1 straightaway, as you do not hold a boarding pass for an onward flight from Terminal 2 and I don't believe transit security at NRT will allow you to access Terminal 2 without one. You'll be able to at least physically reach the KE lounge, but without the class your ticket is booked into, it is unclear if you will be allowed inside.

Spiff Sep 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman (Post 21520851)
You likely won't be able to physically access JL or AA lounges, as KE leaves from Terminal 1 and all Oneworld lounges are in Terminal 2. You will arrive at Terminal 2, but I believe you will have to go over to Terminal 1 straightaway, as you do not hold a boarding pass for an onward flight from Terminal 2 and I don't believe transit security at NRT will allow you to access Terminal 2 without one. You'll be able to at least physically reach the KE lounge, but without the class your ticket is booked into, it is unclear if you will be allowed inside.

If traveling in J and/or SkyTeam Elite Plus, then the passenger will have access to KE, DL, and/or AF lounges in T1.