Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AAdvantage Program Changes for 2024-2025

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
I had no idea you could purchase access to AC and FL. A business trip to the west coast in February will have me with a 3 hour connex in Phoenix. I shall avail myself of this option... as long as it does not cost an arm and a leg.
AC day passes are $79. Not sure if you consider that an arm and a leg. Could be worth it for a 3 hour layover.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
All in all, not bad. Good enough that I am in no rush to burn my remaining miles. Burnt 1mm in the last 3 months of 2022 and 2023. I’ll continue to use what I have strategically: QR and JL premium cabins - when one can find awards….
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:29 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
Great news I can buy into Day Passes at MIA, for First Dining: $150pp not bad!
It's not first dining. FL has already had day pass options available.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TulsaTraveller
Agreed, the two thing I see as positive for me are you can get something of useful value for the 15,000 point level, which before was worthless for anyone who had status from the previous year where the priority check in/seat coupons were worthless. And the ability to get a credit on a basic economy ticket for $99 will make it a lot more likely I'd buy these, where in the past I always opted out for the lack of flexibility even though with status they were essentially the same as any other economy ticket otherwise. They say later this month on that, I'm curious as to how soon that will happen, I have a trip later this year I'd like to buy and would buy it as basic economy if this were available, so I may wait a little and see if they switch this on. And the 18-month extension for trip credits are nice, but I'm not sure I've ever held one that long since I can usually find a way to use them pretty quickly, even as an excuse to squeak in a trip to somewhere that I hadn't planned earlier.
At what status level are basic econ the same? Even at the lowest level or is Plat required? What differences remain (you said essentially so I'm thinking there still have to be some differences other than the cancellation credit)?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
AA has now guaranteed my push to EXP this month when I wasn't sure before, and I'll definitely stay with the program next year entirely with these enhancements. Previously I had been considering a status match to UA.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by donotblink
Wow I was really expecting them to increase the number of miles required to get status
Why? AA has clearly shown it wants to make everyone elite. Or at least dangle enough carrots to where people pay lots of extra money to AA to be elite, hoping they never engage in self-reflection along the lines of "what happens when everyone is elite?"
dw, zip10001 and hhdl like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:50 am

For those who may have a traveling companion on the same PNR who wishes to credit an AA flight to a OneWorld partner, I'm wondering changes, such as the Trip Credit extension, would also apply to them like other AAdvantage status benefits shared across the same PNR.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by AndyAA
For those who may have a traveling companion on the same PNR who wishes to credit an AA flight to a OneWorld partner, I'm wondering changes, such as the Trip Credit extension, would also apply to them like other AAdvantage status benefits shared across the same PNR.
Good question! I would like to know the answer to this as well
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:02 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by AndyAA
I don't think you'll get a real answer on this until someone tries it and reports back. If you ask AA directly, you're bound to get conflicting answers from the different customer service representatives.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
AA has now guaranteed my push to EXP this month when I wasn't sure before .
I'm curious as to why? I agree most of the changes were positive but I didn't see any that seemed to significantly benefit EXP vs PPro. (Asking as someone who is currently PPro, will be EXP next year, and continually comparing the relative merits of each).
jpsj and onlyquestions like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by kodalip
For avios bookings you can use Finnair to swap the FF number from BA to AA and get benefits that way. I use it a lot to get my free checked bag through an AA CC
Change no longer stick.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by safari ari
It's not first dining. FL has already had day pass options available.

Flagship Lounge Single Visit Pass $150.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...hip-lounge.jsp

New Enhance with Miles opportunity

Coming soon: Dine in luxury at the airport when you redeem miles for Flagship® First Dining passes, available once you reach AAdvantage Platinum Pro® status.
https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...OUNCEMENT_2024
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:44 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Herb687
Why? AA has clearly shown it wants to make everyone elite. Or at least dangle enough carrots to where people pay lots of extra money to AA to be elite, hoping they never engage in self-reflection along the lines of "what happens when everyone is elite?"
Especially now that AA (along with DL and UA) are doing everything they can to sell the F cabin… I would say the main benefit of AA status now is oneworld emerald or sapphire status, especially since oneworld has such generous lounge access policies compared to Star and SkyTeam.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
Originally Posted by PowerLu
These changes are overall negative at the top I think.

The ability to redeem SWUs electronically is nice but fixing IT isn’t an AA program enhancement Lol

Just pray to god this doesn't change anything with ability to see C upgrade inventory on EF and the ability to call in and clear once you find space.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:56 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
I am curious to see how many miles the FFD passes will cost. Oftentimes, F isn't that much more expensive than J (there was that amazing F deal to SYD last year, where F was only 10k more than J), so if I had to choose between using 25k miles to access FFD during a long layover in DFW on a domestic itinerary, or spring for F on an international trip for just 15k more miles, it's a pretty easy choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.