Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:27 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by jazz12pg
Got an email about the new AAdvantage year starting March 1st and noticed this:

The site is updated with the LP reward amounts:

15,000 - 1,000 LPs
175,000 - 5,000 LPs
250,000 - 15,000 LPs.
Where are you getting the reward figures for 175k and 250k? What I see is 20,000 LPs(25,000 for credit card holders at 175, and 20,000 LPs (30,000) at 250k
Old Mar 22, 2024, 5:39 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ZenFlyer
Where are you getting the reward figures for 175k and 250k? What I see is 20,000 LPs(25,000 for credit card holders at 175, and 20,000 LPs (30,000) at 250k
I think you're mixing up LP reward choices and redeemable mile reward choices.

He's talking about the LP choices at those levels.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 9:24 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I think you're mixing up LP reward choices and redeemable mile reward choices.

He's talking about the LP choices at those levels.
Ah, I am indeed - thank you foe the correction!
Drwaz99 likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by armus
A detail about the 1K bonus (at 15K level) is you can redeem for this year or next year (though the website doesn’t support the next year choice yet so they warn to wait if that’s what you want).
I just unlocked the 15k level, and my first inclination was to just pick the 1000 LP and be done with it. But since I have until 3/31/2025 to make that selection, it would seem there is no rush, and if I find near the end of the 2024 year that I don’t actually need the 1000 LP, I can push them into the next year. And on the other hand, if I have an upcoming bonus-qualifying LP event and I am slightly below the 20% or 30% bonus threshold, I can perhaps use it to boost the earnings a bit there. Nothing life changing, but I like how AA makes this a bit of a strategy game to drive engagement with their program
JJeffrey, chrisny2, Majuki and 4 others like this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by armus
A detail about the 1K bonus (at 15K level) is you can redeem for this year or next year (though the website doesn’t support the next year choice yet so they warn to wait if that’s what you want).
I do like that much better, that's a fun option.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by AndyAA
For those who may have a traveling companion on the same PNR who wishes to credit an AA flight to a OneWorld partner, I'm wondering changes, such as the Trip Credit extension, would also apply to them like other AAdvantage status benefits shared across the same PNR.
Answering my own question, everyone's favorite credit card hawker blog provided some updates on the Trip Credit changes.

https://viewfromthewing.com/why-you-...e-last-minute/
  • AAdvantage members Trip Credit expires 12 months after the date of cancellation
  • Non AAdvantage members Trip Credit expires 6 months after date of cancellation
  • Only one AAdvantage member needs to be on the PNR for the 12 month trip credit validity
As Trip Credit validity is based upon the date of cancellation, its another reason to wait until the last minute to cancel a flight.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Good news about the 1K at 15K. The only reason I could see anyone taking the 5K at the 175K level would be if it is Feb 28, and they needed them to hit Executive Platinum. And I could never see anyone taking the 15K at 250K. For what, to marginally increase the odds of getting an upgrade for seats that are progressively getting harder and harder to obtain? I’d rather have the tangible RDMs, vs a few extra probability points.
I guess, but 1K is so minimal... it just reeks of AA basically being impertinent lol
Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
I guess, but 1K is so minimal... it just reeks of AA basically being impertinent lol
While 1K is minimal, for me it is the only thing that has any value at the 15K level. Every other offer there is worth zero.
Dedicated likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fly747first

We're talking about the 15K LP threshold level. There's absolutely no reason AA should make a significant reward available at that low level of activity. The whole point is to give people a little bit to incentivize them to keep going.

And the 1000 LP reward choice itself was added in large part because there was nothing there of use to elites in the prior year's set of rewards at 15k,

This is not a real thing to complain about.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:16 am

Honestly...I love the addition of the 1k LP reward. The fact that I can use it for next year is awesome.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by bpc3qh
Honestly...I love the addition of the 1k LP reward. The fact that I can use it for next year is awesome.
I should have saved it for a rainy day, too, but I didn’t even notice that option and I accidentally swallowed it in a big gulp of many thousands LPs…
apeortdz likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, BonVoy Gold, BW Diamond, RR Premium
Originally Posted by bpc3qh
Same here. I'm thankful I read the caveat here, however. I reached it recently, but refrained from selecting it for the same reason. What if I need it more next year?
robertablake likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by travelingdrsuz
Same here. I'm thankful I read the caveat here, however. I reached it recently, but refrained from selecting it for the same reason. What if I need it more next year?
I'm just glad to have the option, because otherwise I'd select it today. Now I'll wait until close to the end to see what's more beneficial to me.
travelingdrsuz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.