Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2022, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Visited the new Greenwich lounge earlier before my JFK-SFO in Flagship J. Only my second experience with an AA FL. I had to go down through the tunnel and back to get there; not too bad. Then upstairs above gate 12.

Food was OK, I preferred the spread in DFW FL a couple months ago better. Garlic chicken quarters, dried out looking miso salmon, runner bean and pesto pasta, fingerling potatoes, sus-looking sushi, cheese variety. The pasta was pretty tasty, I thought.

orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
So Greenwich is a step down for TCON J from FL, right? I'm glad they did this, giving TCON J access to FL was ridiculous.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
So Greenwich is a step down for TCON J from FL, right? I'm glad they did this, giving TCON J access to FL was ridiculous.
How so? Isn't Greenwich pretty much the old FL? It's close enough that I'm kind of surprised they didn't just keep the old name.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by A321T
How so? Isn't Greenwich pretty much the old FL? It's close enough that I'm kind of surprised they didn't just keep the old name.
Dunno. It was a question. Is the catering more like an FL or more like an AC?
A321T likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by ijgordon
No.

Not sure I understand why you'd be admitted to Chelsea, which is primarily only for AA/BA (real) First Class. I don't think JL F would even get you in. The OneWorld lounge for Emerald is Soho, where you should have been admitted by virtue of your connection from an eligible international OneWorld flight.
- My apologies - i was too tired when typing. Yes, that was of course Soho. I have corrected the post. Obviously, those names are too confusing to me.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 6:25 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Nope. Soho.
Chelsea is a BA/AA First and Invite-only Elite level lounge.
No, CK<<GGL

If you're flying non-flagship routes, you'll be rubbing elbows with the non-AA OWEs in Soho.

​​​​
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sounds like it. J now just gets Greenwich, whereas Transcon F gets all 3.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 7:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by A321T
It certainly resembles and has similar food options to the DFW FL. I haven't seen salmon, sushi, or the other food items I described at any Admiral's Club.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by work2fly
No, CK<<GGL

If you're flying non-flagship routes, you'll be rubbing elbows with the non-AA OWEs in Soho.

​​​​
If I’m flying out of JFK, I’m either in Flagship or to MEX. Chelsea it will be. Always.
Old Dec 2, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
It's hardly too generous for transcon biz passengers, based on most recent catering and service standards. The lounge was woefully understaffed, with food, drinks and even glassware persistently understocked--a shadow of its former self. Hopefully, as mentioned earlier, there really is new management, and hope they bring a stronger commitment to providing a quality offering under the "Greenwich" moniker.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 5:25 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
It's hardly too generous for transcon biz passengers, based on most recent catering and service standards. The lounge was woefully understaffed, with food, drinks and even glassware persistently understocked--a shadow of its former self. Hopefully, as mentioned earlier, there really is new management, and hope they bring a stronger commitment to providing a quality offering under the "Greenwich" moniker.
Totally agree. There were no plates and glassware to be found two weeks ago.

Based on the pictures / preliminary reports, zero appears to have changed when compared to the FL; just the name and the removal of the Piper greeter stand. Thus, Tcon J remains as-is. If anything, the lounge may not get as slammed due to the new ones / additional space.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
If I’m flying out of JFK, I’m either in Flagship or to MEX. Chelsea it will be. Always.
I think you are in denial about MEX.

For your next trip to MEX I would recommend NetJets so that you're not relegated to a lounge shared with other Platinums.
jcain likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I really don't think Greenwich is a step down from FL. It is basically the replacement for FL (AA) and GC (BA) and resembles the offering in both. Below FL was and still is Admirals Club, and it is for the AA side only.

Soho is the equivalent of GF for BA but a new "in between" concept for the AA side. From bloggers' descriptions, it seems that the buffet food is largely similar to Greewich but there are more to order options and a nicer space and nicer drinks than FL had including some Premier Cru champagne which is much nicer than the Piper Heidseck AA serve in FL.

Chelsea is more CCR than FFD in that it is a "full" lounge rather than an exclusive dining room within a lounge. It has its own sitting space, its own showers (though similar to the ones in Soho), etc. The Champagne list is a significant upgrade on both CCR and FFD and on paper the menu whilst more "straightforward" than both is nice. Sadly, however, the first actual reports on the BA forum suggest that in its opening days at least, it is a complete mess and that staff are overwhelmed and dishes missing to the point some people reported only being able to get a (non listed) burger rather than the steak or the sole!

Let's hope it is sorted very soon, but on paper at least, noone is really being downgraded except perhaps Admirals Club cardholders who get 1 lounge now instead of 2 and only in the C concourse so a bit more walking if they are departing from the B gates (but to be honest, T8 is not a very big terminal anyway so it's not a huge waste of time).
JJeffrey, la2clt, Genius1 and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I really don't think Greenwich is a step down from FL. It is basically the replacement for FL (AA) and GC (BA) and resembles the offering in both. Below FL was and still is Admirals Club, and it is for the AA side only.

Soho is the equivalent of GF for BA but a new "in between" concept for the AA side. From bloggers' descriptions, it seems that the buffet food is largely similar to Greewich but there are more to order options and a nicer space and nicer drinks than FL had including some Premier Cru champagne which is much nicer than the Piper Heidseck AA serve in FL.

Chelsea is more CCR than FFD in that it is a "full" lounge rather than an exclusive dining room within a lounge. It has its own sitting space, its own showers (though similar to the ones in Soho), etc. The Champagne list is a significant upgrade on both CCR and FFD and on paper the menu whilst more "straightforward" than both is nice. Sadly, however, the first actual reports on the BA forum suggest that in its opening days at least, it is a complete mess and that staff are overwhelmed and dishes missing to the point some people reported only being able to get a (non listed) burger rather than the steak or the sole!

Let's hope it is sorted very soon, but on paper at least, noone is really being downgraded except perhaps Admirals Club cardholders who get 1 lounge now instead of 2 and only in the C concourse so a bit more walking if they are departing from the B gates (but to be honest, T8 is not a very big terminal anyway so it's not a huge waste of time).
Nicely written and organized.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 8:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I think you are in denial about MEX.

For your next trip to MEX I would recommend NetJets so that you're not relegated to a lounge shared with other Platinums.
Nah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.