Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:37 am

Programs: PlatPro, Globalist, Marriott Platinum
I'm still having trouble parsing out what I have access to at JFK. I'm Executive Platinum flying to Madrid on American but in coach. Will I have access to the Premium Check-In area? Which of the lounges will I have access to?
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jlampert
I'm still having trouble parsing out what I have access to at JFK. I'm Executive Platinum flying to Madrid on American but in coach. Will I have access to the Premium Check-In area? Which of the lounges will I have access to?
Yes, an EXP flying on a same day qualifying flight you can use the Premium check-in area and have access to the Soho Lounge.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlampert
https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...um-lounges.jsp
Your EXP status on a long-haul international flight allows you access to the Greenwich or Soho lounge; the latter is the "better" one. Your Soho lounge access grants you access to the Premium Check-in Area.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by S.R
They served Champagne at 5am? I thought alcohol can only be served after 8am on weekdays and 10am on Sunday according to NY Law? I should've asked prior to 8am during my last morning visit to Chelsea!
I wondered this when I had an early flight a few months ago. Was in the Soho Lounge around 6.30am and assumed alcohol was off limits but saw someone else get a Bloody Mary or similar and the bartender was happy to make me one too...I usually fly ex-JFK in the afternoons so never an issue but I recall a few years back being told local law didn't permit booze before a certain time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.