Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Flagship Check-in, Lounges open at JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2023, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by Zacnlinc
How about arrivals from Flagship F with connection to Flagship Business. Will I be forced to got to Greenwich or will they allow me access to Chelsea?
Flagship F will get you into Chelsea on arrival, just save or screenshot your boarding pass. Don't even need to tell them about your connection.
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by aceofs
you prefer moet to tattinger?
Personally, yes, though both are great. I didn't see either of them in Greenwich during my last visit.

Honestly I had no champagne preferences at all until I started flying and visiting lounges.
NYC Flyer and Zacnlinc like this.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 9:55 am
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flying JFK-LAX in F (me, EXP) with my parents (no status, also in F) and my sister and niece (no status, but in J). Am I correct in assuming that if we want to be together, we need to go to Greenwich? No way for any of us to guest my sister and niece into Chelsea or Soho?
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by S.R
Flying JFK-LAX in F (me, EXP) with my parents (no status, also in F) and my sister and niece (no status, but in J). Am I correct in assuming that if we want to be together, we need to go to Greenwich? No way for any of us to guest my sister and niece into Chelsea or Soho?
Correct, Greenwich is the only one you can all access together.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:34 am

Actually for a data point… in the Chelsea lounge now flying to LAX.. Serving Grand Siciele champers.. Food is improved vastly including sole and steak and frites.. BIG change
Old Feb 13, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by RTW4
Actually for a data point… in the Chelsea lounge now flying to LAX.. Serving Grand Siciele champers.. Food is improved vastly including sole and steak and frites.. BIG change
Hopefully this trend continues...
Old Feb 13, 2023, 4:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA5MM
Originally Posted by saltytheseagull
Hopefully this trend continues...
The food that they are servicing in Soho in February is inedible. The hot buffet food should never be served. The two proteins were what can only generously be described at stew. The deconstructed chicken pie looked like a congealed pool of slop. The shrimp bathed in a stew like sauce was also horrible. AA and BA at their new premier flagship facility should not be serving this.

The food was never this bad before at any of the previous JFK lounges. If the budget can’t support an actual piece of protein, then find something else that fits the budget which is edible.

It's also ridiculous that one has to ask for off menu champagne at the Chelsea lounge. They should offer the same things to everyone.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 5:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
We had the Sole with the Grand Siciele yesterday. It was quite nice. They were out of the steak, were told they've been out for a couple days.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 3:14 pm

Any menu pictures for the recent breakfast / all day offerings?
Old Feb 15, 2023, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Interesting – I was in Chelsea on 2/5 and don't recall them having those on the menu. Must have changed it pretty recently. I had the fish and chips, which was pretty good but a step below what you'd get in the old FFD.
anchor79 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by jcain
Interesting – I was in Chelsea on 2/5 and don't recall them having those on the menu. Must have changed it pretty recently. I had the fish and chips, which was pretty good but a step below what you'd get in the old FFD.
They serve Fish & Chips at LAX Flagship Lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2023, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by anchor79
They serve Fish & Chips at LAX Flagship Lounge.
hasn't been open in a long long long time. doubt its coming back.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 12:24 pm

Flying JFK-LAX-SYD in J, AA EXP, but the JFK-LAX is a red eye and so the LAX-SYD portion is next day. Assume that because it’s not ‘same day’ I can’t access Soho? Just Greenwich based on transcon flagship J? Thank you!
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by djdw905
Flying JFK-LAX-SYD in J, AA EXP, but the JFK-LAX is a red eye and so the LAX-SYD portion is next day. Assume that because it’s not ‘same day’ I can’t access Soho? Just Greenwich based on transcon flagship J? Thank you!
JFK-LAX redeye? I assume you mean the late flight that departs around 9pm from JFK. If you present your LAX-SYD boarding pass I would hope they would let you into Soho.
Old Feb 16, 2023, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djdw905
I assume you just mean that you're on a late JFK departure and have an overnight in LAX before flying out LAX-SYD the following evening. I don't think you'll have Soho access, just Greenwich.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.