Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Old Mar 8, 22, 9:34 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,780
another interesting quirk:
my entire mileage balance under "Wallet" is now labeled as "AAdvantage Bonus Miles."
I don't recall all the RDMs we've earned as being called "bonus" before. Just even more confusing mish-mash of the "bonus" word being thrown around.
LovePrunes is offline  
Old Mar 8, 22, 10:56 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Long Island, NY
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Posts: 567
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
Another data point: I Just got my 10k LPs posted for a stay from BookAAHotels. I chose the "pay more $, get more miles" rate for my room type, but I did NOT choose the "get even more miles" at checkout.
Great news! Thanks for sharing
zip10001 is offline  
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:06 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LAX
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,272
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Excellent news. I should have some miles posting tomorrow and then a much larger chunk posting next week. That includes checkout boosts as well. Let's see what happens.
Is there a specific day of the week these miles post or is it after certain number of days from check out date?
jediwho is offline  
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:10 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LAX
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,272
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
Price difference was about $30 for what I recall was 2,000 extra miles per night for 2 nights, so about $0.015 per LP as others have reported.
For me, the buy up rate is almost always $.02 per LP.
jediwho is offline  
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:11 am
  #50  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 33,832
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Is there a specific day of the week these miles post or is it after certain number of days from check out date?
It's 3-4 days after checkout, but backdated to when payment was made.
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
For me, the buy up rate is almost always $.02 per LP.
I've never seen anything other than 2.
nk15 likes this.
vasantn is offline  
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:32 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LAX
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,272
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
It's 3-4 days after checkout, but backdated to when payment was made.
Thanks! For me, it's been all over the place...five bookings so far and it's been from 3 days to as many as 8 days.
LovePrunes and nk15 like this.
jediwho is offline  
Old Mar 8, 22, 12:21 pm
  #52  
 
Join Date: Aug 2021
Posts: 184
I was looking at a few hotel options for a weekend trip, and I don't know about ya'll but I am often finding that rates on bookaahotels.com are outrageously overpriced compared to the same exact room on hotels.com. Maybe I need to search more to find the sweet spot, but after a couple of hours searching and comparing I feel defeated lol.
jamabam is offline  
Old Mar 9, 22, 10:57 pm
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LAX
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Posts: 1,272
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Excellent news. I should have some miles posting tomorrow and then a much larger chunk posting next week. That includes checkout boosts as well. Let's see what happens.
Did the miles post as you were expecting? Did you also get LP credit for booster points you purchased at checkout? From what I have read, since March 1st, some are reporting that booster points are not counted as LP.
jediwho is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:24 am
  #54  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 33,832
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Did the miles post as you were expecting? Did you also get LP credit for booster points you purchased at checkout? From what I have read, since March 1st, some are reporting that booster points are not counted as LP.
Still waiting for them to post. Today is the 4th day after checkout. Some have recently reported a wait of 5-6 days.
vasantn is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 3:30 pm
  #55  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Programs: AA EP
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Still waiting for them to post. Today is the 4th day after checkout. Some have recently reported a wait of 5-6 days.
Mine have consistently been about 4-5 business days after check out.
chitown85 is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 3:46 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 3,406
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?
OskiBear is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 5:28 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 33,832
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?
When I made my sole RocketMiles reservation, subsequently cancelled, I got an email asking me to provide my AAdvantage number.
vasantn is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 5:29 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Programs: AA PPro, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?
When I did my booking, the place to enter the AAdvantage member number was on the same page as all the other personal details for the reservation.
HiAperture is offline  
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:54 pm
  #59  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Posts: 3,372
Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?

Make an account, then go into "my reservations". It should say something like you have not connected this reservation to an aa account.

Note, you need to stay on the "pay" page for about 30 seconds after it confirms, and DO NOT TOUCH anything...then it will come up to connect an aa account. Yes, this is for EVERY stay!
skipaway likes this.
PhillyPhlyer40 is offline  
Old Mar 12, 22, 8:57 am
  #60  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 33,832
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
Mine have consistently been about 4-5 business days after check out.
Today is the 6th (calendar) day; still no posting. It should show up by Monday.
vasantn is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread