Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Bookaahotels vs RocketMiles - useability, experiences, questions, data points

Old Mar 8, 22, 9:34 am

another interesting quirk:
my entire mileage balance under "Wallet" is now labeled as "AAdvantage Bonus Miles."
I don't recall all the RDMs we've earned as being called "bonus" before. Just even more confusing mish-mash of the "bonus" word being thrown around.
Old Mar 8, 22, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
Another data point: I Just got my 10k LPs posted for a stay from BookAAHotels. I chose the "pay more $, get more miles" rate for my room type, but I did NOT choose the "get even more miles" at checkout.
Great news! Thanks for sharing
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by vasantn View Post
Excellent news. I should have some miles posting tomorrow and then a much larger chunk posting next week. That includes checkout boosts as well. Let's see what happens.
Is there a specific day of the week these miles post or is it after certain number of days from check out date?
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Diamond, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by LovePrunes View Post
Price difference was about $30 for what I recall was 2,000 extra miles per night for 2 nights, so about $0.015 per LP as others have reported.
For me, the buy up rate is almost always $.02 per LP.
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jediwho View Post
Is there a specific day of the week these miles post or is it after certain number of days from check out date?
It's 3-4 days after checkout, but backdated to when payment was made.
For me, the buy up rate is almost always $.02 per LP.
I've never seen anything other than 2.
nk15 likes this.
Old Mar 8, 22, 11:32 am

It's 3-4 days after checkout, but backdated to when payment was made.
Thanks! For me, it's been all over the place...five bookings so far and it's been from 3 days to as many as 8 days.
LovePrunes and nk15 like this.
Old Mar 8, 22, 12:21 pm

I was looking at a few hotel options for a weekend trip, and I don't know about ya'll but I am often finding that rates on bookaahotels.com are outrageously overpriced compared to the same exact room on hotels.com. Maybe I need to search more to find the sweet spot, but after a couple of hours searching and comparing I feel defeated lol.
Old Mar 9, 22, 10:57 pm

Excellent news. I should have some miles posting tomorrow and then a much larger chunk posting next week. That includes checkout boosts as well. Let's see what happens.
Did the miles post as you were expecting? Did you also get LP credit for booster points you purchased at checkout? From what I have read, since March 1st, some are reporting that booster points are not counted as LP.
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did the miles post as you were expecting? Did you also get LP credit for booster points you purchased at checkout? From what I have read, since March 1st, some are reporting that booster points are not counted as LP.
Still waiting for them to post. Today is the 4th day after checkout. Some have recently reported a wait of 5-6 days.
Old Mar 10, 22, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA EP
Still waiting for them to post. Today is the 4th day after checkout. Some have recently reported a wait of 5-6 days.
Mine have consistently been about 4-5 business days after check out.
Old Mar 10, 22, 3:46 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?
Old Mar 10, 22, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OskiBear View Post
I just made my first RocketMiles booking and I couldn't locate anywhere to input my AAdvantage number. When the confirmation was issued, it actually said,

"You have earned 16,000 AAdvantage miles. However, we noticed that there is no American Airlines AAdvantage account number attached to the reward."

However, when I go into the reservation to enter my number, it won't accept it. Is this normal?
When I made my sole RocketMiles reservation, subsequently cancelled, I got an email asking me to provide my AAdvantage number.
Old Mar 10, 22, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA PPro, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

When I did my booking, the place to enter the AAdvantage member number was on the same page as all the other personal details for the reservation.
Old Mar 10, 22, 6:54 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K

Make an account, then go into "my reservations". It should say something like you have not connected this reservation to an aa account.

Note, you need to stay on the "pay" page for about 30 seconds after it confirms, and DO NOT TOUCH anything...then it will come up to connect an aa account. Yes, this is for EVERY stay!
skipaway likes this.
Old Mar 12, 22, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
Mine have consistently been about 4-5 business days after check out.
Today is the 6th (calendar) day; still no posting. It should show up by Monday.

Search this Thread