Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
I pre-ordered this HNL-DFW later this month, although I think it is not a full breakfast pre-arrival.

Originally Posted by BA850
AA80, DFW-LHR, 17th October

Preordered the ‘Peppercorn Seared Beef Filet’, served with ‘port wine sauce, Pommes Anna, truffle butter, sautéed asparagus, shiitake mushrooms’. I found it excellent. Naturally, it was preceded with a drinks service and a ramekin of hot nuts
Old Nov 14, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
EZE-MIA F - Suggestions?

Has anyone had any of the options listed (ex. Curry). They all look pretty good, but words can be deceptive after all.

The outbound choices look very standard (sea bass, short rib etc.)

Thanks!
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:01 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
Flying LHR-SFO in a couple of weeks on AA 135 in F. A very very rare trip on AA for me. My choices appear to be:
  • Asian-style Beef Cheeks (soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice)
  • Braised Chicken Leg (red wine sauce, truffled spelt)
  • Seared Sea Bream (salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes)
  • Gnocchi Primavera (nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables)
They all sound pretty uninspiring and I don't see any of them reviewed in this thread - does anyone have a recommendation amongst these? I eat anything, but usually bias to fish and veggie - my instinct here would be the fish.

Wondering if just eat in the CX lounge is actually the way to go here!!
I flew AA135 in F on 11/11. I ordered the Sea Bream. It was moist and flavourful but no Salsa Verde. The potato mash was very buttery, but a very small portion. The Jerusalem Artichokes were bland and unevenly cooked; flavourless. The charred ones were crunchy, the others mush.

I started with the lump crab appetizer. The crab was anything but lump, but was sweet and had a little Caviar on top. I thought it was odd to serve it in Belgian Endive. The bitterness of the Endive didn't match well with the sweetness of the crab. I ate them separately.

I ordered the soup course. It never arrived. I never followed up. The Sundae for dessert was fine.

Overall, F service was mediocre at best & catering meh! The F FA was insistent that everyone in F knew that she was a "Semi" F FA as AA had cut 2 FAs from the flight and she had to assist in J. To her, it was important that we knew this. It felt like an "out" for the poor F experience.

Lump Crab appetizer

Sea Bream; missing Salsa Verde

James
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I flew AA135 in F on 11/11. I ordered the Sea Bream. It was moist and flavourful but no Salsa Verde. The potato mash was very buttery, but a very small portion. The Jerusalem Artichokes were bland and unevenly cooked; flavourless. The charred ones were crunchy, the others mush.

I started with the lump crab appetizer. The crab was anything but lump, but was sweet and had a little Caviar on top. I thought it was odd to serve it in Belgian Endive. The bitterness of the Endive didn't match well with the sweetness of the crab. I ate them separately.

I ordered the soup course. It never arrived. I never followed up. The Sundae for dessert was fine.

Overall, F service was mediocre at best & catering meh! The F FA was insistent that everyone in F knew that she was a "Semi" F FA as AA had cut 2 FAs from the flight and she had to assist in J. To her, it was important that we knew this. It felt like an "out" for the poor F experience.

Lump Crab appetizer

Sea Bream; missing Salsa Verde

James
Thats the new thing now, I just had a F FA tell me he had to head back to J after serving us. Def. didnt announce it cabin wide like yours but he was upset he couldnt perform his full duties and devote more time in F and pace the meal a little slower for us. The cuts are bad.

Once again on AA the sundae is by far the best tasting (and looking) thing.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Thats the new thing now, I just had a F FA tell me he had to head back to J after serving us. Def. didnt announce it cabin wide like yours but he was upset he couldnt perform his full duties and devote more time in F and pace the meal a little slower for us. The cuts are bad.

Once again on AA the sundae is by far the best tasting (and looking) thing.
It was better than cabin wide; she greeted every passenger and repeated her speech 8 times..... lol. I got the feeling that had she not had to leave the F cabin, the service would have been the same. She spent enough time in F not doing anything. Maybe a "work to rule" campaign.

As an aside, the cabin was F7 at T-72, only 1A occupied. At T-48 C5. I used a SWU & the cabin went out full.

James
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:13 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold

James
Sounds a lot like my LHR-JFK trip this summer, minus the announcement. For me, the soup never arrived (despite being ordered) until I pointed it out and they tried to bring it after the entree. I said no need as life has gone on.

Flip side is that my JFK-LHR segment a few weeks later was top notch and the FAs were all about maximizing sleep time (quick dinner and breakfast). The inconsistency (along with the sub par F&B) is why I go with BA when I have the option to fly F. Will be moot in a couple of years.

We’ll see how my two segments next week pan out.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA594 LIR-MIA
Lunch

Beef filet. Not bad for a flight under 2.5hrs.

-FlyerBeek
haroon145 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 10:31 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA594 LIR-MIA
Lunch

Beef filet. Not bad for a flight under 2.5hrs.

-FlyerBeek
Seems they served the dessert (which looks delicious) on a UA dish lol
chrisny2 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by fender5787
Seems they served the dessert (which looks delicious) on a UA dish lol
Yes, I noticed and laughed at the UA dessert dish too. The dessert itself was great.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 15, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC

James
I might have to go with LHRAA and do the chicken leg - though if the fish itself was okay... choices! Overall, looks like a solid but unspectacular business class meal (especially with the non-arriving soup). As a non-AA flier, was not aware of the reduced staffing. Ouch.

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Flip side is that my JFK-LHR segment a few weeks later was top notch and the FAs were all about maximizing sleep time (quick dinner and breakfast). The inconsistency (along with the sub par F&B) is why I go with BA when I have the option to fly F. Will be moot in a couple of years.

We’ll see how my two segments next week pan out.
I had both options for 85K. As a Star Alliance flyer with expiring AA miles that I had no good plan for, I ended up choosing the AA flight because I figured I've never flown AA F, and never will since it's going away, so may as well have the experience once. I almost regret that choice, but not quite. I saved some meaningful cash, and I can always use Amex --> Avios for BA F in the future.

One thing's clear for sure - eat at the lounge beforehand. I've seen a few people recommending the BA Galleries F lounge - so now I'm thinking get there a little early, eat breakfast there, and then lunch at the CX F lounge, and then a light "dinner" on board!
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AS 75k, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Something tasty to try with the sundae, ask for one of the amaretto minis. It starts out too frozen to pour it all on at the start, but once you have a few bites and it starts to soften up you can add it all. I had it with the caramel and whipped cream and greatly enjoyed.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Thoughts? Both chickens are out for me. LAX-LHR F.

Old Nov 17, 2022, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Thoughts? Both chickens are out for me. LAX-LHR F.

That fish dish is decent. Anything with a Parm fondue I am all over though. Havent had their version but as long as the cheese quality is good its just cream & butter so its not that hard to make.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
That fish dish is decent. Anything with a Parm fondue I am all over though. Havent had their version but as long as the cheese quality is good its just cream & butter so its not that hard to make.
Gonna try the pasta, I think.
Old Nov 18, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Gonna try the pasta, I think.
Nice. Curious to hear how it is. I'm going tonight locally for Gnocchi w/ Parmesean fondue. They use a really good quality reggiano though and French imported heavy cream. Something tells me AA isnt going that route.
airb330 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.