Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
773 or 772? If 772, did you get the all forward facing (good) seats?
I was on a 772 with the Collins Super Diamond (all-forward facing) product; very decent seats, which I much prefer to the 77W's Safran Cirrus product, despite their similarities.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 7:56 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Genius1
I was on a 772 with the Collins Super Diamond (all-forward facing) product; very decent seats, which I much prefer to the 77W's Safran Cirrus product, despite their similarities.
Interesting. Most people prefer the 773 J seats, but I've never been in them Agree the 772 (good) seats are quite pleasant (as with the 789.)
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
AA38
MIA-LHR
Flagship Business
November 2022

PDB service of water, orange juice or champagne (which I think was actually prosecco, so I passed) was offered on boarding, in a plastic 'glass'.
Yes, unfortunately its always Prosecco in J/F so I stick with water as well. The FA on one of my JFK-LHR flights in F this summer did open a bottle of the blanc de blanc on offer (the two month stretch when AA upped their champagne game) and poured it into a flute when I asked if she was serving the real stuff. She said it was only fair to kick the party off early since I asked
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Yes, unfortunately its always Prosecco in J/F so I stick with water as well. The FA on one of my JFK-LHR flights in F this summer did open a bottle of the blanc de blanc on offer (the two month stretch when AA upped their champagne game) and poured it into a flute when I asked if she was serving the real stuff. She said it was only fair to kick the party off early since I asked
Wait, Flagship First international flights serve Prosecco and call it Champagne as a PDB? Wow. That is even more surprising given there is actual Champagne on the in-flight menu for FF at least.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Rossodio
Wait, Flagship First international flights serve Prosecco and call it Champagne as a PDB? Wow. That is even more surprising given there is actual Champagne on the in-flight menu for FF at least.
Yes. While both J/F have champagne (any sparkling wine produced in the region doesnt mean it is ), they almost exclusively serve Prosecco on the ground everywhere. Unfortunately its not what they serve in domestic F as that isnt bad. Meanwhile, BA serves LPGS on the ground without hassle.

From tonights evening service to JFK
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
But they have listed on their menus in J Charles de Cazanove - pretty sure I wasn't given prosecco on recent TA flight. Or we just talking what's served whilst on the ground?
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by danmushman
But they have listed on their menus in J Charles de Cazanove - pretty sure I wasn't given prosecco on recent TA flight. Or we just talking what's served whilst on the ground?
Just on the ground. The champagne on the menu is generally offered when in the air without the need to confirm. I put that in italics because Ive had a few flights this year that have been catered such that the J or F carts end up in Y etc.
Genius1 and danmushman like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
AA105
LHR-JFK
Flagship Business

December 2022

Service commenced with a PDB choice of water, orange juice or Prosecco.

After takeoff, I opted for sparkling water before lunch, which was served with warm nuts.

The starter of poached lemon grass prawns was pleasant but unmemorable, whilst the side salad of seasonal greens was fresh but basic.

I had pre-ordered the salmon filet for my main course, which turned out to be an excellent choice. The salmon was perfectly cooked, and worked well with the truffled hollandaise sauce.

My traditional ice cream sundae had a bit of everything in it.

When ordering my dessert, I had asked for both the cheese and dessert. The FA waited to make sure all other passengers had their first choice of dessert, before bringing me the cheese. It would be good if AA could cater for more passengers choosing both cheese and dessert, although I was successful in getting both in this instance.

The 'gourmet cheese plate' looked better once I'd unpackaged the biscuits.

No peppermint tea was available, so I made do with green tea.

For the second meal service, I went for the mini pies. These were both tasty and filling, but not amazing quality. I think AA could do much better with their second meal service, and certainly not use packaged items (as nice as the chocolate pot was).

In summary, another decent flight with AA in Flagship Business, helped along by the friendly FA wearing a 'ho ho ho' Santa tie.
cesco.g, haroon145 and ryanbriar like this.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
I've been saying this for a few years now and no one ever replied/mentioned it til I just read your post. I LOVE the BE Super Diamond seats and AA did them even better than some of the others (i.e. AM) with the double storage. At any rate, I think they look so sleek, love the IFE (dont mind that its fixed in the table at all). Find them private, great storage and not as tight to get into as the 77W. 77W seats are slightly better than on the 321T as feels a drop wider but I dont like the IFE nearly as much and the storage isnt as good. AA 789/the good 772 are my fav J seats on any US airline. Polaris bothers me b/c I always hurt my thumb on that stupid wheel thing and its a bit narrow as well as the person behind you is more next to you. Just flew DL A350 last night and wow have no desire ever again. No footwell, you just have to have your feet on the floor basically. And the seat doesnt recline, it goes down low. I'd go AA 77W J > Polaris > DL A350 but totally agree with you that the 789 seat is better. However, I would take any seat mentioned in my post here above the Zodiac seat which is by far the absolute worst J seat ever made Imo.
Genius1 and ryanbriar like this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Dec 25, 2022 at 12:47 pm
Old Dec 25, 2022, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
However, I would take any seat mentioned in my post here above the Zodiac seat which is by far the absolute worst J seat ever made Imo.
For 1-2-1 configurations, you may feel differently after settling into a center Thompson Vantage seat (close to the aisle sans armrest) found on DLs 763s. A lie flat is always appreciated, but these seats are past their prime.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
For 1-2-1 configurations, you may feel differently after settling into a center Thompson Vantage seat (close to the aisle sans armrest) found on DLs 763s. A lie flat is always appreciated, but these seats are past their prime.
Fair enough... Maybe I should have said worst J seat made in the last 10-12 years .

I flew the 763 back from Bogota last year and it was pretty bad despite DL offering full meal service on a 12am departure and having very good service. Just think the Zodiac are designed so bad and feel so Not private at all. Cant stand the little footwell/ottoman whatever that thing is.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
12/29 aa2995 jfk-mex

Havent seen this dish posted so figured Id share my experience. Had the tortellini with tomato cream sauce. Main was actually pretty delicious especially since it had some mushrooms in the pasta too, would order again. However, the caprese starter was pretty bad with the mozzarella being rock hard and having almost zero taste. Disappointed there wasnt the normal shrimp or pickled veggies with sauce starter that have been the norm for me on 1300mi+ flights. Dessert was plated ice cream (no sundae) or a cheese plate, which is standard for this route. Crew was also pretty apathetic with no pdbs, no real seperate initial drink service, and went mia after the main meal.

Old Dec 30, 2022, 10:39 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by fender5787
Havent seen this dish posted so figured Id share my experience. Had the tortellini with tomato cream sauce. Main was actually pretty delicious especially since it had some mushrooms in the pasta too, would order again. However, the caprese starter was pretty bad with the mozzarella being rock hard and having almost zero taste. Disappointed there wasnt the normal shrimp or pickled veggies with sauce starter that have been the norm for me on 1300mi+ flights. Dessert was plated ice cream (no sundae) or a cheese plate, which is standard for this route. Crew was also pretty apathetic with no pdbs, no real seperate initial drink service, and went mia after the main meal.
I had that same main (the tortellini with tomato cream sauce) on an MCO-AUS flight on Sun Dec 19. However, it didn't come with a salad, there was a dish with hummus/carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes instead (and a brownie was served on a dish on the same tray).
Old Dec 30, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by aztimm
I had that same main (the tortellini with tomato cream sauce) on an MCO-AUS flight on Sun Dec 19. However, it didn't come with a salad, there was a dish with hummus/carrots/cucumbers/tomatoes instead (and a brownie was served on a dish on the same tray).
thats how it was for me PUJ-PHL. Forgot to post it last month!
aztimm likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 12:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Please continue the discussion in our 2023 thread here:
2023 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.