FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Nov 15, 2022, 1:01 am
Flying for Fun

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
Flying LHR-SFO in a couple of weeks on AA 135 in F. A very very rare trip on AA for me. My choices appear to be:
  • Asian-style Beef Cheeks (soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice)
  • Braised Chicken Leg (red wine sauce, truffled spelt)
  • Seared Sea Bream (salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes)
  • Gnocchi Primavera (nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables)
They all sound pretty uninspiring and I don't see any of them reviewed in this thread - does anyone have a recommendation amongst these? I eat anything, but usually bias to fish and veggie - my instinct here would be the fish.

Wondering if just eat in the CX lounge is actually the way to go here!!
I flew AA135 in F on 11/11. I ordered the Sea Bream. It was moist and flavourful but no Salsa Verde. The potato mash was very buttery, but a very small portion. The Jerusalem Artichokes were bland and unevenly cooked; flavourless. The charred ones were crunchy, the others mush.

I started with the lump crab appetizer. The crab was anything but lump, but was sweet and had a little Caviar on top. I thought it was odd to serve it in Belgian Endive. The bitterness of the Endive didn't match well with the sweetness of the crab. I ate them separately.

I ordered the soup course. It never arrived. I never followed up. The Sundae for dessert was fine.

Overall, F service was mediocre at best & catering meh! The F FA was insistent that everyone in F knew that she was a "Semi" F FA as AA had cut 2 FAs from the flight and she had to assist in J. To her, it was important that we knew this. It felt like an "out" for the poor F experience.

Lump Crab appetizer

Sea Bream; missing Salsa Verde

James