Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2022, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by airb330
Thanks I am having this tomorrow! A few people on here said it was good but some of the photos made the steak look pretty dire. I am so sick of that appetizer. I only fly int'l biz 1-2 times a year, but I always seem to get that appetizer and I am not a fan.
I had on Monday for LAX-LHR. Beef was way overcooked. The FA was recommending chicken to everyone whilst taking orders for that reason. They have two ovens for 52 entrees.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
I had on Monday for LAX-LHR. Beef was way overcooked. The FA was recommending chicken to everyone whilst taking orders for that reason. They have two ovens for 52 entrees.
Shame to hear that there is such variation with the same dish.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Yep. Can confirm. Beef was a hockey puck. Flavor was nice but overcooked by a lot.

The tomato tart needs to be retired. Potatoes were fun. Came by with bread twice (pretzel for me x2).

He’s dead, Jim.

American breakfast.
ual744777sta and AeRoSpaceman like this.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Would be nice to see some variety with the hot breakfast on eastbound transatlantic flights.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist

Do we like the Sea Bass? I'm mostly veg and the Rigatoni sounds questionable even to me...and I'll save my mild grain bowl curiosity for a domestic flight.
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by shellyphl

Do we like the Sea Bass? I'm mostly veg and the Rigatoni sounds questionable even to me...and I'll save my mild grain bowl curiosity for a domestic flight.
Go sea bass for sure !! I am a pasta & fish guy so I am with you on that and love a good ravioli or tortellini but the pastas have been bad lately not to mention butternut squash does not work w/ a tomato ragu on any level. AA has been doing well w/ fish lately.
shellyphl likes this.

Last edited by happiest_at_40000; Oct 26, 2022 at 1:55 pm
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by airb330
Yep. Can confirm. Beef was a hockey puck. Flavor was nice but overcooked by a lot.

The tomato tart needs to be retired. Potatoes were fun. Came by with bread twice (pretzel for me x2).

He’s dead, Jim.

American breakfast.
Trade you a retire the tomato tart for a retire the lemon tart. !!
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:55 pm

Programs: AA ExP, DL, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Go sea bass for sure !! I am a pasta & fish guy so I am with you on that and love a good ravioli or tortellini but the pastas have been lately not to mention butternut squash does not work w/ a tomato ragu on any level. AA has been doing well w/ fish lately.
Thanks happiest_at_40000 . I'll report back if no one else reviews it first
Old Oct 26, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by shellyphl
Thanks happiest_at_40000 . I'll report back if no one else reviews it first
Sounds good. I havent had that exact pasta. The Sarah Gruenberg pastas have been bad but this one isnt from her. Just every tomato sauce from them has been so bad Imo. Hope you enjoy the fish.
shellyphl likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:27 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Trade you a retire the tomato tart for a retire the lemon tart. !!
Fair enough! That was the other dessert option

Totally off-topic so no one needs to respond but man, the iPhone 14 Pro's camera is somehow worse than my 12 Pro. Those photos don't look good at all and I don't feel I should have to shoot at 48mp to get decent photos
Old Oct 27, 2022, 1:00 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I flew LAX-LHR earlier this week, and returned on VS LHR-LAX. I had pre-ordered the golden roasted chicken as my main for LAX-LHR. I was rather disappointed in the meal overall. The farro and tomato tart starter just tastes like tomato paste smashed on otherwise bland farro. The salad features yet MORE tomatoes, this time of the dried variety. The chicken was pretty dry, but edible. The best part of the meal was the large fruit plate they served at breakfast.

I will say this, though - the service on my flight was excellent. Attentive, proactive and personal. The F/A working my side of the aisle stopped by each person after dinner to thank them by name for their business, and to inquire if they wished to be woken for breakfast. It was a nice touch.

By way of comparison, I had a similar main course ("roast chicken") on my return VS flight. It was APPALLING. The entire meal experience on VS was so sub-par. It my was first time on the airline and I had much higher expectations. It was a let down on just about every dimension. The seat (A350) in particular is so badly designed. It has no storage for anything, and the tray table is poorly conceived. I had expected VS to outshine AA, but I far prefer a dependable AA business class (especially on the 77W) to my experience on VS.

I was also not particularly impressed with the much-vaunted Virgin Clubhouse in LHR. Very crowded, long lines for the toilets...no better than the Flagship lounge. The food is a bit of an upgrade I guess, but I kind of prefer the self-serve buffet in the Flagship to the QR code table service in the Clubhouse, although that's personal preference.
ryanbriar and BA850 like this.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by dll
I flew LAX-LHR earlier this week, and returned on VS LHR-LAX. I had pre-ordered the golden roasted chicken as my main for LAX-LHR. I was rather disappointed in the meal overall. The farro and tomato tart starter just tastes like tomato paste smashed on otherwise bland farro. The salad features yet MORE tomatoes, this time of the dried variety. The chicken was pretty dry, but edible. The best part of the meal was the large fruit plate they served at breakfast.

I will say this, though - the service on my flight was excellent. Attentive, proactive and personal. The F/A working my side of the aisle stopped by each person after dinner to thank them by name for their business, and to inquire if they wished to be woken for breakfast. It was a nice touch.

By way of comparison, I had a similar main course ("roast chicken") on my return VS flight. It was APPALLING. The entire meal experience on VS was so sub-par. It my was first time on the airline and I had much higher expectations. It was a let down on just about every dimension. The seat (A350) in particular is so badly designed. It has no storage for anything, and the tray table is poorly conceived. I had expected VS to outshine AA, but I far prefer a dependable AA business class (especially on the 77W) to my experience on VS.

I was also not particularly impressed with the much-vaunted Virgin Clubhouse in LHR. Very crowded, long lines for the toilets...no better than the Flagship lounge. The food is a bit of an upgrade I guess, but I kind of prefer the self-serve buffet in the Flagship to the QR code table service in the Clubhouse, although that's personal preference.
I think you just said everything I just said an email last night to a friend about my recent VS experience. Wow. Too funny. I agree and experienced every single thing you said about VS. I cant believe what a horrible seat that is. I love Rev Her seats and prefer them over staggered but this seat was horrible. No storage, huge heavy tray and also the space between seats was smaller and thus it just felt cramped. My food was a joke also. Expected it to be so much better. And when I was at the Clubhouse there were kids running freely through the dining room area and screaming. It was a Zoo and no one did anything about it. FL LAX showers so much better too. It was my first time flying them also and I was so let down.
BA850 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 7:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by dll
American carriers have upped their game to the point that the experience competes with, or exceeds, many European airlines.

Take Lufthansa and their 2-3-2 Business Class product on the 747-400. It’s nowhere near competitive with the hard product on AA.

The concept of pre-ordering entrees is also predominantly alien to Euro carriers. It’s such a simple way to avoid disappointing premium passengers onboard, but just hasn’t caught on this side of the Atlantic.

The AA Flagship Lounges are highly competitive too (and *much* better than the KLM Crown Lounge at Amsterdam, for example). Champagne on arrival, plenty of hot food options, a great selection of premium spirits, etc.

As for Virgin, despite your experience, you got the better seat. Try the classic A330 for a real horror show
Old Oct 28, 2022, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Anybody know if they serve anything on the 11pm MIA-LHR flight? Am able to select our meal for the return flight but on that one it just says choose later. I assume because of time no meal? although i've never flown across the pond and not had a meal no matter the time.

FYI for our return we had braised beef and some rigatoni, i went with braised beef.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Free Range Airline Chicken
I am flying from LAX-SYD over Thanksgiving. From reading here,I was hoping sea bass would be on the menu, but no luck. These are my choices. I gather that pastas are usually best avoided, and I’m just not a vegetarian meal guy. From what is posted here, chicken (and other beef dishes) don’t sound promising. Are there any comments on chicken vs beef?or am I being unfair in rejecting pasta?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.