Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 2:21 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
. He made my bed no problem no issue at all. It was only my 2nd ever AA international flight as I try to avoid but on the first one the lady working my side of F laughed when I asked her to make the bed. But not Mike.

It was a really enjoyable flight and Mike was wonderful. Felt bad for him as he had to work the entire F cabin not just half the cabin. Also, when done he then had to go help in J, leaving just one FA upfront to come do refills and clean up. Really bad how AA is reducing FA's in premium cabins these days.
Clearly you were with an Old School professional - he did not have to go and help in J as he was meant to be working in F - he clearly chose to go and help his colleagues, Can you imagine Ms Laugh-about-Bed doing that? There's the difference between excellent service and any-old-thing-will-do. She'd have laughed the other side of her face had she laughed at me if I had made a reasonable request.
eeb100k likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2022, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA 1MM EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
Originally Posted by BA850

The AA Flagship Lounges are highly competitive too (and *much* better than the KLM Crown Lounge at Amsterdam, for example). Champagne on arrival, plenty of hot food options, a great selection of premium spirits, etc.
This is extremely accurate. Went through the massive KLM Crown Room lounge two weeks ago (rave reviews on the blogs) and it was mobbed / standing room only. Premium drinks required payment (similar to an AC) and the food buffet line was probably ~50 people deep. Granted, it was before the US departures bank and it is the only KLM /ST lounge in that area, but I’d take a hectic JFK FL any day of the week.

I’m going to be doing a good amount of AC J travel over the next two months to burn these e-upgrades and I was pleasantly surprised on my flight last week. Seat was great, service was on point and the food was good. Fell somewhere between AA J and F. We’ll see how the upcoming flights pan out to see if it was a one-off.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by ual744777sta
I had on Monday for LAX-LHR. Beef was way overcooked. The FA was recommending chicken to everyone whilst taking orders for that reason. They have two ovens for 52 entrees.
Shame to hear that there is such variation with the same dish.
Apparently so. Had the same dish on the same route last week, and thought it was very good. In fact, one of the best beef dishes that I've had on AA in many years. Judging by the other pics, if you can still see some butter on top of the filet when it's served, it's probably a good sign.

ryanbriar and BA850 like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
Does anyone have a recent list of Whiskies/Bourbons? I heard a rumour that AA was now serving Glenlivet 15 in J?
Old Nov 7, 2022, 2:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Intl359Widget
Does anyone have a recent list of Whiskies/Bourbons? I heard a rumour that AA was now serving Glenlivet 15 in J?
No sign of 15, but Glenlivet 12 was on my last menu, which is a very decent Scotch:

They’d have to pay me to drink Dewar’s White Label. It really doesn’t belong in the same list as the Glenlivet…
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:54 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
No sign of 15, but Glenlivet 12 was on my last menu, which is a very decent Scotch:

They’d have to pay me to drink Dewar’s White Label. It really doesn’t belong in the same list as the Glenlivet…
To be honest Glenlivet 12 is meh but then again you’ve got Dewars too… oh well AA it is tomorrow over the Atlantic.
BA850 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 11:28 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
AA 105
LHR-JFK (Business)
11/23/2022

Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
If I order Hindu am 100% guaranteed its vegetarian? I want something "Indian" so while some Asian Veg's lean Indian obviously a Hindu meal would be much better for the type of food I want but can a Hindu meal include lamb or never on AA?

Thanks.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
It's AA - so there can be no guarantees! That being said, FWIW, all the Hindu meals I've pre-ordered on AA over the years have been vegetarian. In fact, some where even labeled as Asian Vegetarian and I think AA still uses the exact same meals for both pre-order meal types.

-FlyerBeek
happiest_at_40000 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Flying LHR-SFO in a couple of weeks on AA 135 in F. A very very rare trip on AA for me. My choices appear to be:
  • Asian-style Beef Cheeks (soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice)
  • Braised Chicken Leg (red wine sauce, truffled spelt)
  • Seared Sea Bream (salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes)
  • Gnocchi Primavera (nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables)
They all sound pretty uninspiring and I don't see any of them reviewed in this thread - does anyone have a recommendation amongst these? I eat anything, but usually bias to fish and veggie - my instinct here would be the fish.

Also, if I went for the Hindu meal instead - does that come with the regular starters and dessert, or is it a self-contained meal? I saw st530 's post for DFW-LHR which suggests it's just the main plate that's distinct, but worth confirming. I'm also thinking it might be much better out of LHR than DFW, but you never know. What's policy on asking for a regular meal if the special one is a disaster?

Wondering if just eat in the CX lounge is actually the way to go here!!
Old Nov 10, 2022, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by cricketer
Flying LHR-SFO in a couple of weeks on AA 135 in F. A very very rare trip on AA for me. My choices appear to be:
  • Asian-style Beef Cheeks (soy chili glaze, sugar snap peas, rice)
  • Braised Chicken Leg (red wine sauce, truffled spelt)
  • Seared Sea Bream (salsa verde, potato mash, Jerusalem artichokes)
  • Gnocchi Primavera (nut-free pesto, fresh vegetables)
They all sound pretty uninspiring and I don't see any of them reviewed in this thread - does anyone have a recommendation amongst these? I eat anything, but usually bias to fish and veggie - my instinct here would be the fish.

Also, if I went for the Hindu meal instead - does that come with the regular starters and dessert, or is it a self-contained meal? I saw st530 's post for DFW-LHR which suggests it's just the main plate that's distinct, but worth confirming. I'm also thinking it might be much better out of LHR than DFW, but you never know. What's policy on asking for a regular meal if the special one is a disaster?

Wondering if just eat in the CX lounge is actually the way to go here!!
Hi there, I've had the chicken before and thought it was quite good. But I'm not a fan of beef cheeks and I don't trust AA to do fish right. CX lounge is always nice, however!
cricketer likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
all the Hindu meals I've pre-ordered on AA over the years have been vegetarian. In fact, some where even labeled as Asian Vegetarian and I think AA still uses the exact same meals for both pre-order meal types.
That has been my experience. Often the HNML and AVML are the same exact meal. In fact, I've been served an HNML labeled with a different passenger's seat number when I had ordered the AVML, because they were identical. If you don't eat meat I don't see why you'd take the risk of ordering the Hindu meal. At best, it's the same as the Asian Vegetarian. At worst, it might contain chicken.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Diamond IHG Spire ANEK Ferries Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
AA 105
LHR-JFK (Business)
11/23/2022

I had this menu yesterday on the same route got to say the chicken was tasty and the whole dish was very nice
Old Nov 10, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by _kurt
That has been my experience. Often the HNML and AVML are the same exact meal. In fact, I've been served an HNML labeled with a different passenger's seat number when I had ordered the AVML, because they were identical. If you don't eat meat I don't see why you'd take the risk of ordering the Hindu meal. At best, it's the same as the Asian Vegetarian. At worst, it might contain chicken.
Okay good to know thanks. Was just thinking I would for sure get something Indian with the Hindu but technically Asian veg could be much broad despite AA seeming to lean Indian on their AV's. Had a good AV out of JFK and a horrible one out of LAX (both Transcon).

Last edited by Microwave; Nov 12, 2022 at 10:47 am Reason: Corrected invalid quote syntax
Old Nov 10, 2022, 11:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Folks, does anyone have a pic to share of the Kosher meals in international Premium Economy? Are they the same as domestic first class KSML?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.