Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 11:46 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

OMG, that looked terrible!
SkyTeam777 and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Feb 8, 2022, 12:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines, Hilton
Originally Posted by CMK10
12/24/21 AA 100 JFK-LHR 1900-0650 +1 777-300 Flagship First

Glassware for PDB

Cocktails, plenty of Glenlivet thankfully. And the olives were a nice touch.

Tasty shrimp appetizer

Bland salad. They were out of the chipotle dressing which actually sounded good

Chicken entrée. Quite good but as I told my wife, none of these entrees screamed First Class to me

Delicious dessert with Port

Continental Breakfast. I was still too full for the hot option.

Overall an excellent flight. 3/8 in F, two great FAs up front. The food could definitely use some work though.
I just wonder what I will be served on an 1:35am departure out of Doha to JFK in Flagship First. So far it looks like we are the only 2 bookings on that flight in general! :-)
Old Feb 9, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA GGLFL/ VS GOLD/ WY GOLD/ SQ PPS/KL GOLD
Hi Hive,

Does anyone have the menu for long haul LHR-MIA in F class and also does anyone have the full spirts/whisky offering on international legs?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 11, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, KE GOLD, AMEX PLAT
Just flew business DFW-GRU and I was utterly amazed at the service by the crew. All the staff were courteous and responsive to requests. My only regret is that I forgot to give them an EXP certificate.

dinner appetizer

dinner main

breakfast
SkyTeam777 and BavarianFlyer like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue
Upcoming F trip LHR - JFK
Which of the following would you take?

Menu Choice
Old Feb 17, 2022, 4:44 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY

Menu Choice
I think the chicken entrée sounds the best but the sides with the sea bream sound the best of the side options. One o the two.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, KE GOLD, AMEX PLAT
Originally Posted by SWISSBOBBY

Menu Choice
Poultry always tastes bland in the air so I would go for beef or fish.
yabadoo likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: United 1K - Star Alliance Gold - AA Gold - Marriott Bonvoy Gold - Hyatt Explorist
MXP-ORD Early January in Business

The warm towel and mixed nuts with Champagne were such a delight to see on our flight back from Italy. The food was quite delicious actually. Here are photos of our meal service:

Old Feb 23, 2022, 10:37 pm
gba

Programs: Alaska MVP, Marriott Lifetime Titanium (United Silver), Hilton Gold
I recently flew SEA-LHR-SEA in J. Was nice to see the service in courses vs. one-tray service on recent BA and DL flights.

SEA-LHR Menu

SEA-LHR Appetizer and Salad. I'm still not sure what a sun dried tomato tartare is.

Chicken entrée. Could've used a bunch more sauce.

Fruit and granola for breakfast

LHR-SEA Menu

Appetizer was much better than on the outbound

Entree was surprisingly decent as well

Orzo salad before landing
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:03 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Nabillionaire
The warm towel and mixed nuts with Champagne were such a delight to see on our flight back from Italy. The food was quite delicious actually. Here are photos of our meal service:
It’s interesting that they served the steak and ale pies as the pre-landing meal. I had the same on a lhr-jfk route last November. I thought that was specific to ex-LHR flights since it’s a British dish. But they were quite good from what I remember
Old Feb 24, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by gba
I recently flew SEA-LHR-SEA in J. Was nice to see the service in courses vs. one-tray service on recent BA and DL flights.
That chicken dish is on the menu for next week's DFW-LHR and the shrimp is on the return. After seeing your post I changed my chicken dish to the steak outbound and the chicken dish to that shrimp dish on the return. I can already tell despite the little tin ramekin of sauce it's not enough for that chicken breast.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, HILTON PLAT
Feb 23: CLT - LHR

First international in a long long while.

My husband had the filet with little complaint.

I was pretty disappointed with the cacciatore. It was odd -- a whole piece of unseasoned chicken on top, and then a few shred of chicken which seemed to have been stewed in the cacciatore gravy underneath it.

Lemon tart was same as I remembered - a bit dry, but a nice sweet/tart end to the meal.

Menu - Feb 23 - CLT-LHR

Chicken cacciatiore - not recommended.

Classic Lemon Tart
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
AUS-LIR
AA 2231
B737-800
Business Class
Breakfast

Nice to see hot breakfast back on a flight like this -- at 1558 miles, it just exceeded the 1500 mile cutoff. I believe the AM flight to JFK is the only other ex-AUS flight that would meet the requirement currently.

We sat on the ground for quite a while - there seemed to be no proactive offer of PDBs, so I politely asked a passing FA, and she just nodded, said nothing, and walked to the galley. A few minutes later, the FA emerged and began taking PDB orders from front to back. All 16 J passengers accepted a PDB and over half asked for something with alcohol (bloody marys and screwdrivers were the most popular requests).

Meal orders were actually taken aft to forward on this flight. Choices were an omelette or smoked salmon. The omelette was the popular option and ran out before she made it back up to row 1.

It seems to be about 50/50 at this point in terms of whether the FAs remove the foil coverings on flights with meals, in my experience the past few months.

The plastic bread plate was new (and I assume maybe temporary). After meal trays had been delivered to everyone, a basket of breakfast breads was offered, including croissants, cinnamon rolls, and biscuits.

Tasty and filling enough for the 3.5 hr flight down to Guanacaste. I suppose it would be nice to see some protein, like sausage links, added. Once in the air, service from the lead FA was excellent. I think having decent premium service back will motivate the good FAs to be even better. It's amazing how much something simple like a hot breakfast and decent drink service (including PDB) adds to the experience of flying J. I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a more comprehensive return of premium cabin meal service in the coming months.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by metallo
AUS-LIR
AA 2231
B737-800
Business Class
Breakfast

Nice to see hot breakfast back on a flight like this -- at 1558 miles, it just exceeded the 1500 mile cutoff. I believe the AM flight to JFK is the only other ex-AUS flight that would meet the requirement currently.

We sat on the ground for quite a while - there seemed to be no proactive offer of PDBs, so I politely asked a passing FA, and she just nodded, said nothing, and walked to the galley. A few minutes later, the FA emerged and began taking PDB orders from front to back. All 16 J passengers accepted a PDB and over half asked for something with alcohol (bloody marys and screwdrivers were the most popular requests).

Meal orders were actually taken aft to forward on this flight. Choices were an omelette or smoked salmon. The omelette was the popular option and ran out before she made it back up to row 1.

It seems to be about 50/50 at this point in terms of whether the FAs remove the foil coverings on flights with meals, in my experience the past few months.

The plastic bread plate was new (and I assume maybe temporary). After meal trays had been delivered to everyone, a basket of breakfast breads was offered, including croissants, cinnamon rolls, and biscuits.

Tasty and filling enough for the 3.5 hr flight down to Guanacaste. I suppose it would be nice to see some protein, like sausage links, added. Once in the air, service from the lead FA was excellent. I think having decent premium service back will motivate the good FAs to be even better. It's amazing how much something simple like a hot breakfast and decent drink service (including PDB) adds to the experience of flying J. I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a more comprehensive return of premium cabin meal service in the coming months.
Just to say, egg is protein.
An an English person, I think I'm missing something on the American "protein" labelling - can anyone clarify for me please?
To me, egg, salmon, meat and indeed cheese (although cheese is primarily fat), are protein ...

Thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by metallo
I suppose it would be nice to see some protein, like sausage links, added. Once in the air, service from the lead FA was excellent.
Appreciate the review and pics... The lack of breakfast meat is by design... They generally try to have at least one option in each domestic pairing that's at least lacto-ovo, so the other option being smoked salmon means they shouldn't have meat on this one.

The plastic plates, containers, forks and knives that are appearing some pics are substitutes the caterers use when they're out of the ceramic and metal items -- they aren't AA specs and AA isn't the only airline that's seeing the substitutions. AA's service items have to be special ordered, so who know how long the backlog is on the constant replacement orders it takes to replace ongoing breakage and theft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.