Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Curious as to DFW-BOG what to expect up front? Will it be 4 courses all separate and will there be sundaes or is it an abbreviated service due to it being Bogota and Colombia not being a FL route...
DFW-BOG will not be anything close to Flagship service. Expect something similar to pre-COVID mid-con domestic F, if that helps. You should get a choice of two hot main entrees (better than current regular domestic F) but probably served on a single tray and no ice cream sundaes.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Curious as to DFW-BOG what to expect up front? Will it be 4 courses all separate and will there be sundaes or is it an abbreviated service due to it being Bogota and Colombia not being a FL route (i say that since BOG doesnt get you into FL, if it were open). I have heard MIA-BOG is abbreviated service compared to DFW, is this true? It is 2 hours less in scheduled flight time so I guess that would make sense. I cant find any menus on here and also with Covid I dont really know what to expect. I know the reverse routings dont offer food since both DFW and MIA take off after Midnight (this is ridiculous that a 5.5 hour flight sold as Flagship Business gets no food). Anyways, if anyone knows what I can expect DFW-BOG be curious.......Also, will I be able to pre order so I can do the Asian Veg? I cant figure out the pre order situation right now. It works for BOS & JFK but not for MIA, as far as Transcon.
I flew MIA-BOG on the 777 in December and we only got the snack basket. The flight has an evening departure departing 9:30-ish (but delayed 10 hours, another story) so it wouldn't be within a meal window. I saw upthread there is no meal on the BOG-DFW red eye. I imagine at best you will get a cold sandwich and salads that AA has been serving domestically.

Last edited by TropicalTripper; Feb 2, 2022 at 10:39 am Reason: Typos
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:48 am

Programs: AA
What's premium economy getting on transatlantic flights these days? I just upgraded a flight from economy and the meal choices are... exactly the same. Has it always been that way?
Old Feb 1, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
I flew MIA-BOG on the 777 in December and we only got the snack basket. The flight has an evening departure of 9:30-ish (but delayed 10 hours, another story) so it wouldn't be within a meal window. I saw upthread there is no meal on the BOH-DFW red eye. I imagine at best you will get a cold sandwich and salads that AA has been serving domestically.
It's really wrong and unfair since these routes require SWUs to upgrade. They need to change to comp upgrades if they aren't going to match the business class service.
Old Feb 1, 2022, 9:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
It's really wrong and unfair since these routes require SWUs to upgrade. They need to change to comp upgrades if they aren't going to match the business class service.
As far back as I can remember It's always been that way with AA. Even MIA-BOG has never been eligible for 500mi upgrades despite just being a 1500 mi/ 3hr flight with a regular domestic F level of service. AA has to draw the line somewhere in their geographic definition of South America with respect to upgrades, and that line is drawn at Colombia.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 2, 2022, 1:46 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
So flights to Colombia include meals, DFW-BOG is a 777 service, why can I not select special meals online, why does it not list any meal service?

EDIT: I see: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-allergies.jsp
Old Feb 2, 2022, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by bridge29
What's premium economy getting on transatlantic flights these days? I just upgraded a flight from economy and the meal choices are... exactly the same. Has it always been that way?
The last time I flew, PE received a better breakfast than economy.
Old Feb 2, 2022, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by keitherson
So flights to Colombia include meals, DFW-BOG is a 777 service, why can I not select special meals online, why does it not list any meal service?

EDIT: I see: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...-allergies.jsp
I was hoping to do the same thing I want the Asian Veg but I cant get Pre order on this route. Even LAX-MIA which is fully catered premium Transcon isnt letting me. Just the select international spots on the link you attached and LAX-JFK/BOS seem to have it now . Really frustrating, I am so over the same few things I seem to keep seeing. Sounds like DFW-BOG will just be a Beef or a pasta with no menus.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Feb 1 2021
JFK-LHR, 77W Business

Excellent service from a New York based crew. Flight went out 13!! out of 52 in business. Emptiest flight I’d been in, in awhile and considerably emptier than the fully booked J cabin on Swiss to Zurich this past summer. I didn’t take pictures of the menu but the wine selections were similar to what have others have posted; I think the champagne on offer was Lanson. Having had my fill of several glasses Piper Heisdeck in the FL, I stuck to a few rounds of Woodford instead.

I went with the Sarah Gruneberg pasta which admittedly sounded much better than it looked, and was clearly left in the oven too long. These lightly sauced dishes never do as well as the heavily sauced ones. I wasn’t in the mood for an overcooked steak or the crab cakes, so mostly picked at this to hold me over until the always delicious sundae. Meal service was generally back to pre-covid standard outside of the foil on the entree with separate dessert course and full warm nuts (with refills) and drink service in addition to pre-departure choices of water/orange juice/champagne.

Woodford + Nuts

Appetizer + Entree + Salad

Entree

Always delicious ice cream sundae

I passed on breakfast given the short flight to maximize sleep and that I was planning on eating breakfast in Galleries First but the FA still indulged me with a quick coffee as we approached Heathrow. Interestingly JFK flights come into T5, which frankly is quite convenient given I was connecting to CPH and was going to need to spend time in GF anyways. Definitely made the whole process more streamlined. The order-from-your-phone feature in the BA lounge is much improved IMO over the old buffet.
Spanish likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:10 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Anyone else unable to select meals internationally now? Flying F JFK-LHR, and the option is "there" but wont allow any selections, 26 days out.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 7:19 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz President, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lds89
Feb 1 2021
JFK-LHR, 77W Business

Excellent service from a New York based crew. Flight went out 13!! out of 52 in business. Emptiest flight I’d been in, in awhile and considerably emptier than the fully booked J cabin on Swiss to Zurich this past summer. I didn’t take pictures of the menu but the wine selections were similar to what have others have posted; I think the champagne on offer was Lanson. Having had my fill of several glasses Piper Heisdeck in the FL, I stuck to a few rounds of Woodford instead.

I went with the Sarah Gruneberg pasta which admittedly sounded much better than it looked, and was clearly left in the oven too long. These lightly sauced dishes never do as well as the heavily sauced ones. I wasn’t in the mood for an overcooked steak or the crab cakes, so mostly picked at this to hold me over until the always delicious sundae. Meal service was generally back to pre-covid standard outside of the foil on the entree with separate dessert course and full warm nuts (with refills) and drink service in addition to pre-departure choices of water/orange juice/champagne.

Woodford + Nuts

Appetizer + Entree + Salad

Entree

Always delicious ice cream sundae

I passed on breakfast given the short flight to maximize sleep and that I was planning on eating breakfast in Galleries First but the FA still indulged me with a quick coffee as we approached Heathrow. Interestingly JFK flights come into T5, which frankly is quite convenient given I was connecting to CPH and was going to need to spend time in GF anyways. Definitely made the whole process more streamlined. The order-from-your-phone feature in the BA lounge is much improved IMO over the old buffet.
It's the same in the Concorde room and the Arrivals Lounge in 5. I prefer coming into 5 so much more than 3. 3 feels like an international LaGuardia to me.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG / Marriott GLD, HHonors GLD
Originally Posted by RobertClouse
It's the same in the Concorde room and the Arrivals Lounge in 5. I prefer coming into 5 so much more than 3. 3 feels like an international LaGuardia to me.
I do like that most of the US-bound flights are at T3 - the now reopened Cathay F lounge >>> then the BA J/F lounges in T5 if you aren't going to get CCR access. And pre-covid it was quite the OW lounge hop
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:10 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Curious as to DFW-BOG what to expect up front? Will it be 4 courses all separate and will there be sundaes or is it an abbreviated service due to it being Bogota and Colombia not being a FL route (i say that since BOG doesnt get you into FL, if it were open). I have heard MIA-BOG is abbreviated service compared to DFW, is this true? It is 2 hours less in scheduled flight time so I guess that would make sense. I cant find any menus on here and also with Covid I dont really know what to expect. I know the reverse routings dont offer food since both DFW and MIA take off after Midnight (this is ridiculous that a 5.5 hour flight sold as Flagship Business gets no food). Anyways, if anyone knows what I can expect DFW-BOG be curious.......Also, will I be able to pre order so I can do the Asian Veg? I cant figure out the pre order situation right now. It works for BOS & JFK but not for MIA, as far as Transcon.
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
DFW-BOG will not be anything close to Flagship service. Expect something similar to pre-COVID mid-con domestic F, if that helps. You should get a choice of two hot main entrees (better than current regular domestic F) but probably served on a single tray and no ice cream sundaes.

-FlyerBeek
I flew DFW-BOG in December, 2020 and was surprised how good the service was being as that was the height of service cutbacks.

I imagine it's gotten better and may get separate courses or at least a separate dessert.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by CMK10
I flew DFW-BOG in December, 2020 and was surprised how good the service was being as that was the height of service cutbacks...
I imagine it's gotten better and may get separate courses or at least a separate dessert.
I'm not so certain. I flew this route last year and it was very similar to what you posted, with the addition of packaged nuts. Essentially slightly below regular pre-pandemic domestic mid-con F service despite being a 5+ hr flight still requiring a SWU.

-FlyerBeek
Old Feb 7, 2022, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium

This was the awful Asian Veg meal JFK-LHR two weeks ago. Two scoops of polenta (or mashed potatoes), a bowl of hard/crunchy/barely cooked lentils and some canned artichoke. Not sure what is Asian about it...in the past, it has always been a hot curry-style dish. I barely touched it.

Also, this was a 7pm departure, but still one-tray service. I am guessing because the flight is so short. In the past, it has only been post 9pm flights that have the one-tray service in Flagship Business. Dessert was separate though. I used to fly PHL-DUB and PHL-SNN and it was not a one-tray service except when it left after 9pm.

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Feb 7, 2022 at 10:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.