Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Anyone know what champagne is being served this month in F ex-LHR?

Thanks!
Old May 6, 2022, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Anyone know what champagne is being served this month in F ex-LHR?

Thanks!
Cazanove, the same stuff BA serve in the First Lounge (not the CCR).

The wine list is equally disappointing.
Old May 7, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Has anyone tried this quiche with Oaxaca cheese I see as an option in DFW-MEX? Sounds actually pretty tasty. This just popped up yesterday as an option and replaced the infamous “turkey breakfast sandwich,” (this is a dinner flight fyi) so seems like a much improved option, although the Greek salad stayed the same.

Also on my return (MEX-MIA), seems there’s two hot options, which is strange since it’s a sub-1500mi route. Does MEX get special catering?

Old May 7, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
AA198 JFK-MXP April, 2022

Average quality in catering. The filet was slight over cooked to my liking. I like the breakfast!
apeortdz and samfrost93 like this.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My mother has flight to and from London coming up and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding what is best from her options. For the flight to London I'm still waiting to see if my SWU will clear to business so she's only got premium econ options atm. The return flight SWU has already cleared.

Here are the options.

To LHR:
  • Oven-roasted Chicken Breast
    baby bow tie and barley pasta salad, roasted mushrooms and fava beans, chipotle-lime cream sauce
  • Classic Cheese Ravioli
    seasoned tomatoes and artichokes, shaved Parmesan, pomodoro sauce
From LHR:
  • Prawn Machbous
    machbous sauce, yellow basmati rice, sweet and sour eggplant, naan bread
  • Tiangoli Pasta Tartufo
    portwine sauce, oyster mushrooms, sautéed spinach
  • Roasted Corn Fed Chicken
    rosemary sauce, cauliflower mash, sautéed broccoli with garlic, roasted pumpkin
  • Grilled Sirloin Steak
    potato and celery gratin, caramelized carrots, roasted leek slices, truffle jus

Going to London I'm considering recommending the ravioli since in my experience chicken on flights is very often dry and unappetizing. I figure something simple like cheese ravioli probably harder to majorly screw up. Returning from London she's interested in the Prawn Machbous since she thinks the seasoning might make it more enjoyable.

I saw someone earlier in the thread had the prawn and seemed to enjoy it but I figure no harm in asking for more opinions.

Thanks in advance,
Old May 10, 2022, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by ts.pub
she's only got premium econ options atm
There's an ATM on board to upgrade?

I've tried both the chicken options and both are very good.

Forget the steak. It's literally inedible. I can't comment on the Chey Boyardee'
Old May 10, 2022, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by ts.pub
My mother has flight to and from London coming up and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding what is best from her options. For the flight to London I'm still waiting to see if my SWU will clear to business so she's only got premium econ options atm. The return flight SWU has already cleared.

Here are the options.

To LHR:
  • Oven-roasted Chicken Breast
    baby bow tie and barley pasta salad, roasted mushrooms and fava beans, chipotle-lime cream sauce
  • Classic Cheese Ravioli
    seasoned tomatoes and artichokes, shaved Parmesan, pomodoro sauce
From LHR:
  • Prawn Machbous
    machbous sauce, yellow basmati rice, sweet and sour eggplant, naan bread
  • Tiangoli Pasta Tartufo
    portwine sauce, oyster mushrooms, sautéed spinach
  • Roasted Corn Fed Chicken
    rosemary sauce, cauliflower mash, sautéed broccoli with garlic, roasted pumpkin
  • Grilled Sirloin Steak
    potato and celery gratin, caramelized carrots, roasted leek slices, truffle jus

Going to London I'm considering recommending the ravioli since in my experience chicken on flights is very often dry and unappetizing. I figure something simple like cheese ravioli probably harder to majorly screw up. Returning from London she's interested in the Prawn Machbous since she thinks the seasoning might make it more enjoyable.

I saw someone earlier in the thread had the prawn and seemed to enjoy it but I figure no harm in asking for more opinions.

Thanks in advance,
I've yet EVER to have a good red sauce on AA so I would avoid the Rav and thats coming from someone who typically loves pasta (ravioli being my 2nd fav to a good homemade gnocchi). Also, is that ravioli from Sarah Gruenberg? If it is her "special dish" then avoid it 100% for sure......Not sure who is she or why JB put her in their program but legit I am 0/11 on her dishes, all very bad.
Old May 10, 2022, 10:30 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
......Not sure who is she or why JB put her in their program but legit I am 0/11 on her dishes, all very bad.
Sarah Grueneberg is the chef/owner of Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio in Chicago; one of the hardest to get reservations in town. Before opening her restaurant, she was the chef di cucina at Spiaggia in Chicago and sous chef at Brennan's in Houston. She won the James Beard Award for Best Chef in America in 2017.
Old May 11, 2022, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by TWA884
Sarah Grueneberg is the chef/owner of Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio in Chicago; one of the hardest to get reservations in town. Before opening her restaurant, she was the chef di cucina at Spiaggia in Chicago and sous chef at Brennan's in Houston. She won the James Beard Award for Best Chef in America in 2017.
I dont quite get why JB organization is associating itself with AA's food. I remember a while ago in this thread the funny banter we had when someone said they need to let this James Beard guy know whats going on.

I've not eaten at either of her restaurants and I'm sure she is talented but the dishes AA lists as her specialties are some of the worst I have had.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Executive, UA Premier Silver, Hilton Silver, Bonvoy Silver, IHG Rewards Gold Elite
AA109: LHR-BOS: 1030am 5/8/2022

Lunch, Mid-Flight Snacks, and Pre-Arrival Light Meal
777 (2-class)
Business Class (B/E seat) 1L

Food was actually really good and so was the service! Lunch veggie antipasti starter was super tasty, red wine chicken with broccoli and mac n cheese were delicious, not dry at all. And of course the ice cream was great (catering forgot to load any chocolate sauce). For the pre-arrival light meal, I would not choose the Thai noodles again, as they were very oniony and garlicy - did not sit well upon arrival at BOS and I should have chosen the BBQ sammy option. All in all, the catering on this flight was excellent in my opinion (or maybe I was just really hungry, ha). The service by Dan was great, one of the best cabin crew on AA I have ever experienced.

Last edited by c2u4ze2im; May 11, 2022 at 6:56 am
Old May 11, 2022, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
I remember a while ago in this thread the funny banter we had when someone said they need to let this James Beard guy know whats going on.
Yeah that was me. Not only did I have no idea who he was I also had no idea he was dead.
madmanshoney likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by c2u4ze2im
Lunch, Mid-Flight Snacks, and Pre-Arrival Light Meal
All in all, the catering on this flight was excellent in my opinion (or maybe I was just really hungry, ha).

I always enjoy the little British Isles catering touches on the ex-LHR flights. Now I want a bag of Keogh's with my lunch today (or better yet Tayto's). Who knows why, but the Irish certainly do their cheese and onion potato chips quite well.
Old May 11, 2022, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Yeah that was me. Not only did I have no idea who he was I also had no idea he was dead.
Too funny !
Old May 14, 2022, 1:06 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
LAX - JFK in J

Torn between the beef and the sea bass, any thoughts?

Old May 14, 2022, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by metallo
I always enjoy the little British Isles catering touches on the ex-LHR flights. Now I want a bag of Keogh's with my lunch today (or better yet Tayto's). Who knows why, but the Irish certainly do their cheese and onion potato chips quite well.
Kerrygold is also rockstar butter.
twa777, apeortdz and metallo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.