FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:09 am
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
AUS-LIR
AA 2231
B737-800
Business Class
Breakfast

Nice to see hot breakfast back on a flight like this -- at 1558 miles, it just exceeded the 1500 mile cutoff. I believe the AM flight to JFK is the only other ex-AUS flight that would meet the requirement currently.

We sat on the ground for quite a while - there seemed to be no proactive offer of PDBs, so I politely asked a passing FA, and she just nodded, said nothing, and walked to the galley. A few minutes later, the FA emerged and began taking PDB orders from front to back. All 16 J passengers accepted a PDB and over half asked for something with alcohol (bloody marys and screwdrivers were the most popular requests).

Meal orders were actually taken aft to forward on this flight. Choices were an omelette or smoked salmon. The omelette was the popular option and ran out before she made it back up to row 1.

It seems to be about 50/50 at this point in terms of whether the FAs remove the foil coverings on flights with meals, in my experience the past few months.

The plastic bread plate was new (and I assume maybe temporary). After meal trays had been delivered to everyone, a basket of breakfast breads was offered, including croissants, cinnamon rolls, and biscuits.

Tasty and filling enough for the 3.5 hr flight down to Guanacaste. I suppose it would be nice to see some protein, like sausage links, added. Once in the air, service from the lead FA was excellent. I think having decent premium service back will motivate the good FAs to be even better. It's amazing how much something simple like a hot breakfast and decent drink service (including PDB) adds to the experience of flying J. I'm looking forward to what will hopefully be a more comprehensive return of premium cabin meal service in the coming months.