Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2022 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2022, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar

I don’t believe we’ll be getting dessert.
I spoke too soon. Dessert was a raspberry sorbet. No substitute for a sundae or hot cookie.

Old Feb 18, 2022, 10:21 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by bethyy
LAX-OGG 2/16:

Offered option of tortellini or chicken. I asked what kind of tortellini (like meat or cheese or veggie), FA wasn’t sure. Seat-mate asked if the chicken was grilled or fried, FA: “I can’t tell, there’s a sauce on it”. Didn’t know this was the first day back to hot meals so guess I should cut him a break!
We both opted for the tortellini and it was very good. Still not sure what was in it, but our guess was cheese/mushroom maybe?
Served with two different salads and a roll. Dessert was ice cream or cheese plate. Was also given warm nuts.

Interestingly, the return flight (OGG-LAX 2/16) a few hours later on the same plane (turnaround point for MR) was back to plastic cups, prepackaged snacks, and the option of turkey or cheese sandwich. I slept through that flight but was glad I ate on the way there!

Is that some random hamburger bun on the plate?
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:53 am

Programs: American airlines
Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
The pasta meal doesn't look half bad, but why are there two salads?
I guess the one was supposed to be the appetizer but was hard to tell since they all showed up together. The one was spinach/tomato/mozzarella with balsamic on top and the other was a mix of greens with cooked (like blistered/wilted) tomatoes and an Italian dressing. If they didn’t both have tomatoes I would’ve thought they were supposed to be mixed together. They were both good though! And the pasta was excellent!
_kurt likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: American airlines
Originally Posted by 96SS
Is that some random hamburger bun on the plate?
lol that’s my pretzel roll. I think they switched up their recipe/provider for those though. Not as good as I remember.
96SS and _kurt like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: United Airlines 1K
I am very sorry if I have missed this but is there a full accounting of the new meals anywhere?

Breakfast - 900-1500 miles vs. 1500+++ miles
Lunch - 900-1500 miles seems like a sandwich plus salad? What is 1500+++?
Dinner - 1500+ miles seems like salad, app, and entree of yesteryear? What is 900-1500?
Old Feb 19, 2022, 6:58 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Reporting live from DCA-PHX with my first hot meal on AA in around two years. Pictured below is the “corn enchilada” breakfast. There were 1-2 other options but they were gone by Row 5. This was served with a choice of biscuit, cinnamon roll, or croissant just like in the old days.

The enchilada itself was pretty tasty and a little bit spicy. I’d probably rate it a 2 out of 10 on my spice scale, but it was way too spicy for my son’s taste. Overall it seemed pretty similar to a pre-COVID meal (and far better than the frozen bagel and salmon received on my last flight) and service has been very professional.

Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:20 am
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
RIP Shuttle Service

Onboard AA2123 DCA-LGA:I assumed that my upgrade would easily clear on this flight given it was an off-peak Saturday morning…I was surprised to see how long the waitlist was upon waking up this morning.

Anyhow, no service in the back other than multiple trash runs.

I guess it’s not really needed but it’s big drop in service from when they would offer deli meals+bagels on weekdays and snack boxes+fresh fruit on the weekend. I knew the Shuttle service had been discontinued, but I thought this might have been an exception market for drinks in Y. I don’t think anyone offers service in the back anymore on WAS-NYC so I guess there is no competitive reason to do so.

I saw the F FA cheerfully offer PDBs and then full service + snack basket during the flight. I noticed we were already well into our descent by the time F pax got served.
Carfield likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by River in Sight
Reporting live from DCA-PHX with my first hot meal on AA in around two years. Pictured below is the “corn enchilada” breakfast. There were 1-2 other options but they were gone by Row 5. This was served with a choice of biscuit, cinnamon roll, or croissant just like in the old days.

The enchilada itself was pretty tasty and a little bit spicy. I’d probably rate it a 2 out of 10 on my spice scale, but it was way too spicy for my son’s taste. Overall it seemed pretty similar to a pre-COVID meal (and far better than the frozen bagel and salmon received on my last flight) and service has been very professional.

Morning flight MCO-LAX. PDB of water or OJ offered. No hot towels instead got two hand sanitizing packs. They served the same breakfast enchilada (agreed, was surprised at the spice level but it was fine). Other choice was a fresh fruit platter. There was no bread/pastries served even though the tray had a pad of butter, so that was disappointing. Anyway nice to have real silverware and glassware and ceramic mugs. Glad things are returning, way too long overdue.
Carfield and River in Sight like this.
Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by littlea905
IAD to AUS Feb 13 was choice of Pimento Cheese Sandwich or Turkey Sandwich
AUS to IAD Feb 16 was choice of Wheatberry Salad or Turkey Sandwich but had hot towel service prior.

That was the only real change between the two flights. The food was okay, not terrible but I can see this getting pretty old for those getting the same meals over and over again. The service was friendly and drinks were kept filled.
I’m curious as to where this route is actually catered. Does AA have catering at IAD or AUS?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:35 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by CLT
I don’t think anyone offers service in the back anymore on WAS-NYC so I guess there is no competitive reason to do so
Even back when there was service in the back, if the flight was fairly full, half the time they wouldn’t even get to my row by the time we started descending.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Smile PHL - SAN Fl 1621

First hot meal in F in 2 years on AA. Choice of lasagna or short ribs. Lasagna was very good, hot and tasty. Short ribs were gone before FA got to us, but looked and smelled good. PDB served and great service by FA Valerie with multiple drink services. Desert was choice of mango sorbet or fruit and cheese. All in all excellent experience.
Old Feb 20, 2022, 9:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP
LAX - JFK morning flight, A321T. I booked J seat 8D because I want the aisle, the woman in the window seat says if I could switch seats with her husband, and that he was in the front. I said, "is he siting in the bulkhead row?" At this point after asking such an irrelevant question because it honestly didn't matter, yeah I'll switch since J is 2+2 configuration so while I prefer the aisle, I'm not gonna keep two lovers apart. She says "his seat is 4A," and I go huh? Guy comes from F with his bag and says don't worry about it so I gave him my J seat and took his F seat. Guy, if you're reading this, thank you and I appreciate the swap.

Menu

Menu back

Cold nuts, lemon biscotti (excellent), champagne; "Up In The Air" as is tradition on all AA flights

Bread and fruit. Bread came from basket, you point, and they drop as noted earlier from someone in this thread. Croissant was warm! I could spread button on it. Silverware!!

Traditional American, very good and the eggs were still soft. Warm, not too hot. Food was not served all together, unsure if this is just F, but I don't know how they could fit it all on one tray.

Warm cookies. Delicious. They offered the fruit and cheese plate ~30 minutes before this, but I passed since I was laying down trying to rest.

FA Ken and another stewardess were absolutely fantastic. I'll definitely be sending a complimentary email about the service and food. Bad news is I've got to fly PHL -> LAX later this week so 50/50 chance of me posting cold (possibly warm?) turkey sandwiches again.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: AA, Bonvoy, Delta, Hyatt
Has anyone flown NYC-MIA in the last week? It's under the 1500 mile threshold for hot meals, but in the past it's been considered an 'important' route that used to get better service than a regular 1100 mile flight. I'll report back after my JFK-MIA in F on Sunday.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum; Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mhbnyc
Has anyone flown NYC-MIA in the last week? It's under the 1500 mile threshold for hot meals, but in the past it's been considered an 'important' route that used to get better service than a regular 1100 mile flight. I'll report back after my JFK-MIA in F on Sunday.
Yes, flew Thursday JFK-MIA and returned yesterday, both on wide bodies. No PDBs, and service and food same as before. Notably, no drink/snack run before trays served - all done at once. Hopefully all that will change by the end of this week.
Old Feb 21, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
JFK-LAX 2/16 in J

Great crew on this daytime transcon! Choice of sparkling wine/water/OJ served as pdbs (with multiple refills offered before takeoff), had the Gorgonzola filet as my main which wasn’t bad and also, not pictured was the famous sundae. Post meal crew was coming through the J aisle almost every 10 minutes checking up on pax. Very different from some of my other post-COVID AA flights in a good way!
skylady and aquanine like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.