Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2021 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Complaining will help eventually. Please write AA.
Already done !

And if some of you can complain about the lack of hot water in all the FL showers I would appreciate it. This is a Joke too, for me even worse than the ridiculous catering out of MIA.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 4:38 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
One weird thing is the menu didnt list sundaes. It listed "seasonal Cake", cheese plate & raspberry cheesecake..

So is this some default menu for when MIA catering doesnt feel like loading or having sundaes?
Essentially, yes. MIA is allowed to get away with a lot to "supply chain shortages." Same reason why the premium bedding provisioning can be so inconsistent on this route in F/J (despite JFK having no issues providing the required onboard catering and other soft products).

-FlyerBeek
cmd320 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, 1MM, Bonsai Plat-Pro, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
WHAT A JOKE !!!!

MIA-LAX last night. 740pm Dinner flight.

NO flipping sundaes........Miami did not cater any sundaes. FA's knew about it but def. didnt hold up the fight for it. Purser, who was really great actually, said MIA catering is a joke and they didnt have sundaes so holding up for them wouldnt have mattered.

NO raspberry cheesecake at all.........

5 total cheese plates were catered....For 37 ppl.

What a freaking JOKE !!1

One weird thing is the menu didnt list sundaes. It listed "seasonal Cake", cheese plate & raspberry cheesecake..

So is this some default menu for when MIA catering doesnt feel like loading or having sundaes? 3 other pax did ask about the ice cream but I think I was the only one to talk extensively about it with anyone. Purser said she felt really bad about having No desserts and said she will write it up and encouraged me to do the online complaint. She said MIA catering is the worst. She also mentioned how having only 4 FA's upfront and not 5 has really been frustrating too b/c she feels she cant provide the level of service she wants to.

Btw, they did find some desserts and came though with them on a tray. They were the freaking tarts from Covid.........Absolutely disgusting.

Oh and entrees were mislabeled so that Fish was labeled Pasta and Pasta was labeled Beef. Not all but but many had this problem.

Her writing it up and me complaining wont do anything though. I really feel there was nothing Flagship about that flight last night. And the salad was nothing but just some lettuce thrown in a bowl with maybe 4 little pieces of dried apricot.
You may have to change your Flyertalk Handle if you keep flying AA RT
enviroian, SFO777, jcatman and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 3:50 pm

Flying AUS - MIA for breakfast on Saturday. Can't wait for that disgusting bAAgel.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Order of service

Flt 510, phx-ogg, does meal service start on the left side or right side of the plane? Or is it hit or miss?
Old Dec 24, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by philemer
Flt 510, phx-ogg, does meal service start on the left side or right side of the plane? Or is it hit or miss?
Miss 🤓
philemer, wrp96 and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Essentially, yes. MIA is allowed to get away with a lot to "supply chain shortages." Same reason why the premium bedding provisioning can be so inconsistent on this route in F/J (despite JFK having no issues providing the required onboard catering and other soft products).

-FlyerBeek
How bad is that then that they know how lame MIA is and the problems they are having that they actually had a default menu with out sundaes listed. Wow. But that default menu still listed a raspberry cheesecake that they were totally out of and only had 5 cheese plates for 37 ppl.

You are so right on JFK (& BOS) being near perfect as far as having the menu items & the bedding (both large pillow & duvet and a small pillow & small blanket were at my seat to Boston last week).

What a Joke MIA is..

Btw, MIA is showing 2 daily 789's in February. I've never seen a 789 LAX/MIA. Whats interesting is it is marketed as Flagship of course but listed as F so will I get into FFD?? Of course it should be listed as J to match the 772 and maybe they will correct it but as of now its showing F like a normal domestic flight but yet listed as Flagship.

So sick of this MIA route with AA but really what are my other options- just B6 for non stop but I am not a huge Mint fan and no lounge access.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by roadtriper
You may have to change your Flyertalk Handle if you keep flying AA RT
Thanks for the laugh
roadtriper likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Btw, MIA is showing 2 daily 789's in February. I've never seen a 789 LAX/MIA. Whats interesting is it is marketed as Flagship of course but listed as F so will I get into FFD?? Of course it should be listed as J to match the 772 and maybe they will correct it but as of now its showing F like a normal domestic flight but yet listed as Flagship.
You should get FL access, but won't have FFD access. For the widebodies without a separate F cabin, they kind of do a hybrid. It is called Flagship First on the menus, etc., but the ticket fare basis is a business class fare, and the service and benefits are a flagship business product.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by DMPHL
You should get FL access, but won't have FFD access. For the widebodies without a separate F cabin, they kind of do a hybrid. It is called Flagship First on the menus, etc., but the ticket fare basis is a business class fare, and the service and benefits are a flagship business product.
Yes totally agree with everything you said just that lately AA has fixed any confusion by calling the 772 flights Business, knowing the confusion that could come with calling it First (Flagship First). Its just that on these 2 newly added 789's it should say Business is all I am was saying . At the moment it says First and is listed as Flagship which technically should get you in to FFD but wouldnt of coursre........But to be honest, I've seen a couple ppl talk their way into FFD within FFD I mean the servers or host really dont know or understand the rules. And actually on Tuesday an attractive young lady 100% got herself into FL when her access was only supposed to be AC. She pleaded for a minute and was let into MIA FL.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Yes totally agree with everything you said just that lately AA has fixed any confusion by calling the 772 flights Business, knowing the confusion that could come with calling it First (Flagship First). Its just that on these 2 newly added 789's it should say Business is all I am was saying . At the moment it says First and is listed as Flagship which technically should get you in to FFD but wouldnt of coursre........But to be honest, I've seen a couple ppl talk their way into FFD within FFD I mean the servers or host really dont know or understand the rules. And actually on Tuesday an attractive young lady 100% got herself into FL when her access was only supposed to be AC. She pleaded for a minute and was let into MIA FL.
Aside from the FL/FFD access issues, I'd note that AA hasn't actually changed anything, at least as of a week and a half ago, when I flew LAX-MIA on a 772 in "Flagship First." The menu said "Flagship First" but it was white cardstock like the Flagship Business menus, not black like the true Flagship First menus. Can't say much about lounge access as I didn't go to the lounge on arrival, and just wanted to leave the airport.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
i thought sundaes have been gone for like 3 or 4 years in J
Old Dec 26, 2021, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP(4mm), DL Gold, UA Gold (1mm), HH Diamond, Bonvoy Amb(l/t Titanium). Former EA/PA elite
Agree catering is so much easier to fix and its really not that good. It could be so much better. Cool you got a soup course though. I did not get that on LAX-BOS in F last week. Did that come out all on the same tray with the app & salad?
Each course was delivered separately and then collected from tray individually once finished and then the next course came out.
Old Dec 26, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by DMPHL
Aside from the FL/FFD access issues, I'd note that AA hasn't actually changed anything, at least as of a week and a half ago, when I flew LAX-MIA on a 772 in "Flagship First." The menu said "Flagship First" but it was white cardstock like the Flagship Business menus, not black like the true Flagship First menus. Can't say much about lounge access as I didn't go to the lounge on arrival, and just wanted to leave the airport.
As noted, that’s because the 772 isn’t intended to be true Flagship First. The branding is admittedly confusing.

Fly a 773 in F, and you’ll get a black menu and FFD access (where currently open).
Old Dec 26, 2021, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
i thought sundaes have been gone for like 3 or 4 years in J
Sundaes are definitely a thing in J still but I really don’t understand the luster. Generally rock hard mediocre vanilla ice cream with an overly sweet topping. I personally prefer the other dessert options.

maybe a nostalgia thing? Now the fresh baked cookies…wish they brought those back
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.