Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 1, 2020, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: AAway
Admirals Clubs began opening 22 June 2020. (Flagship Lounges and Flagship First Dining have no immediate plans for reopening.)

Link to AA lounge changes and updates page

As of May 7, 2021:

An update on our lounges

Admirals Club® lounges are reopening in phases with new improvements to reinforce your well-being.

We adhere to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and use enhanced cleaning measures throughout our clubs.

You're required to wear a face covering in the club, but you may briefly lift or lower it while eating or drinking.

Reopened clubs

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Austin (AUS) – Gate 22
  • Boston (BOS) – Terminal B
  • Charlotte (CLT) – Concourses B and C
  • Chicago O'Hare (ORD) – Concourse H/K; Concourse G (re-opened August 2021); and Concourse L (re-opened July 2021)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW) – Terminals A, B, C, D, and E
  • Denver (DEN) – Concourse A
  • Houston Intercontinental (IAH) – Terminal A
  • Los Angeles (LAX) – Terminal 4, Terminal 5 and Eagle Regional Terminal
  • Mexico City / CDMX (MEX)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates D15, D30
  • Nashville (BNA) – Concourse C
  • New York Kennedy (JFK) – Terminal 8 (in the Flagship® Lounge)
  • New York LaGuardia (LGA) – Concourse D
  • Orange County (SNA) – Gate 8
  • Orlando (MCO) – Gate 55
  • Paris, France (CDG)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminals B/C
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A7 and B5
  • Raleigh / Durham (RDU) – Terminal 2
  • San Francisco (SFO) – Terminal 1
  • São Paulo (GRU)
  • St. Louis (STL) – Concourse C (Only open Monday - Friday 5am-6:30pm)
  • Tampa (TPA) – Gate 85
  • Washington Reagan (DCA) – Terminal B & C
  • Buenos Aires (EZE) - In front of Gate 8 - Terminal A
Hours will vary by location, and we may limit the capacity and offerings due to CDC guidelines or local orders or restrictions.

Clubs reopening as service centers

These locations are open as service centers and are available to offer travel assistance:
  • Pittsburgh (PIT) – Main Lobby
Hours vary by location and services like food and drinks, restrooms and shower facilities are temporarily discontinued.

Seating in these clubs is also not available at this time.

Temporarily closed Admirals Clubs

• Honolulu (HNL)
  • London Heathrow (LHR)
  • Miami (MIA) – Gates E
  • Newark (EWR)
  • Philadelphia (PHL) – Terminal A and F
  • Phoenix (PHX) – Gate A19
  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG)
  • Toronto, Canada (YYZ)
Flagship® Lounge and Flagship® First DiningExpandFlagship® Lounges at these airports are temporarily closed. Flagship® Lounge eligible customers are welcome to use the nearby Admirals Club® in each location when it reopens on June 22.
  • Chicago (ORD)
  • Dallas / Fort Worth (DFW)
  • London Heathrow (LHR) – International First Class Lounge
  • Los Angeles (LAX)
  • Miami (MIA)
  • New York Kennedy (JFK)
Flagship® First Dining at these airports are temporarily closed:
  • DFW
  • LAX
  • MIA
  • JFK
Arrivals Lounge – London (LHR)ExpandThe Arrivals lounge is temporarily closed.

The official notification from AA on 4 Jun 2020 (link):

“American Airlines will begin reopening Admirals Club lounges in phases, beginning June 22, after making improvements to adapt the clubs and product offerings to reinforce the well-being of customers and everyone who works in the clubs. See post 61 for a recent Club experience.

The following locations (did) open June 22 with pre-packaged snack offerings and a full-service bar for customers to enjoy complimentary and premium beverages. Hours vary by location and capacity and offerings could be limited due to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines or local orders or restrictions. List updated 15 July 2020. Link to Club openings, changes.

As food and beverages are served again, these are discussed in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ug-2020-a.html

Food and drink service

As we begin to reopen, we'll have modified food and drink service. Here is what you can expect: (link to Club f&b thread)
  • Complimentary pre-packaged snacks
  • Disposable, single-use glassware
  • Full-service bar
  • Touchless menus with signage and QR codes. Physical menus will be available upon request.
  • Self-serve areas will remain closed for now.

.The following safety actions have been taken.
  • Plexiglass shields at reception and service desks.
  • Foot-operated door openers to enable touchless operation of restroom doors (where feasible).
  • Hand sanitizer stations for customers.
  • Signage and floor decals to remind customers to practice social distancing.
American will continue to adhere to CDC guidelines, use enhanced cleaning measures and provide limited food and beverage offerings to help ensure the well-being of customers and team members.”

Link to archived 2020 posts from this thread.

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club / Lounges: Openings, Closures, etc. 2021-2022

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2021, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by amm
Flying out of DCA in a few months and have AC access through the Citi card. Know rules says you can bring in 2 guests or immediate family, but does the limit of 2 guests also apply to immediate family? Flying with my parents and sister so would like to bring all 3 in.
Spouse/partner and kids or two guests. You'll have to decide who you like the most.

FWIW, the DCA AC was packed last Wednesday morning. First time I've seen the DCA club like that since COVID hit.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by amm
Flying out of DCA in a few months and have AC access through the Citi card. Know rules says you can bring in 2 guests or immediate family, but does the limit of 2 guests also apply to immediate family? Flying with my parents and sister so would like to bring all 3 in.
You have plenty of time to add an authorized user card in a parent and/or sister's name...each card will get the cardholder's immediate family or 2 guests into the AC.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
You have plenty of time to add an authorized user card in a parent and/or sister's name...each card will get the cardholder's immediate family or 2 guests into the AC.
Cheaper/easier option would be to just do a day pass right?
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Cheaper/easier option would be to just do a day pass right?
Up to 10 authorized users on the Citi Exec card cost $0 each...
Old Apr 18, 2021, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Up to 10 authorized users on the Citi Exec card cost $0 each...
Wow, that’s awfully generous of them on a card with $450 AF. Definitely would have expected AUs to be at least a couple hundred extra on the AF.
Old Apr 18, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Wow, that’s awfully generous of them on a card with $450 AF. Definitely would have expected AUs to be at least a couple hundred extra on the AF.
Yeah, I think most people don't know about it. I thought about sharing an account with friends as authorized users (not to share the fee, just to give them access), but at the time at least, you couldn't set up spend limits on the AU accounts, and I didn't want to lower the limit on my own ability to spend. I would have given out ten AU cards if I could put a $1 spend limit on them. (Setting aside whether I trusted the friends, I didn't want to bear the risk of dealing with hassle if one of their cards was lost or stolen.)
Old Apr 18, 2021, 6:09 pm
amm

Thanks all. I’m actually an AU on an aunts card so not sure how quickly I can get her to add someone else. Will try my best (and also poss see if the agents would let me bring in a 3rd). Worst case, we’ll get to see the new terminal at DCA which will be fun enough.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Glob, AA EXP, Marriott Tit
Any news or rumors about the STL club reopening. Website still shows it closed, not even a service center. I looked at flightstats and only count about 15 AA departures per day. I'll guess it was double that pre covid. However AA has said their entire fleet will be in use next month.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 5:47 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Any news on HNL?

Seems odd that it'd still be closed given the current & expected influx of travelers.

[If I had to guess, a combination of leisure pax that AA don't particularly care for & JAL not taking on any of the cost when they can't/aren't flying there.]
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by houstr8male
However AA has said their entire fleet will be in use next month.
It's important to note here that while they have said their entire fleet will be in use next month, that does not mean all routing will be back to the same capacity as before. MIA will certainly have more flights than JFK; for example, there are nearly half a dozen flights on 777s from MIA-LAX daily, whereas pre-Covid these aircraft would be used on international routes, and that route was flown by the 321 family.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
Any news on HNL?

Seems odd that it'd still be closed given the current & expected influx of travelers.

[If I had to guess, a combination of leisure pax that AA don't particularly care for & JAL not taking on any of the cost when they can't/aren't flying there.]
At least as of late last week, and per my interactions on FT, there are no lounges currently open at HNL.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
At least as of late last week, and per my interactions on FT, there are no lounges currently open at HNL.
The HA lounge is open, but it's not anywhere you'd want to spend much time.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:33 pm

For those of you with experience with both AC and UC , are the AC on par or better than UC? My 2 airports I use in NE Ohio have similar AA and UA presence. Seems like UA is dragging their feet in opening their clubs compared to AA and DL. I have the club infinite card but since they just came out with the quest i may downgrade to that if I can’t use the UC clubs
Also Citi AA is $75 less per year and all my family AUs could get access for free which is a nice perk.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 7:39 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Originally Posted by Jprod
For those of you with experience with both AC and UC , are the AC on par or better than UC? My 2 airports I use in NE Ohio have similar AA and UA presence. Seems like UA is dragging their feet in opening their clubs compared to AA and DL. I have the club infinite card but since they just came out with the quest i may downgrade to that if I can’t use the UC clubs
Also Citi AA is $75 less per year and all my family AUs could get access for free which is a nice perk.
Different flavor of the same $hite in my humble opinion.

However, AA gets you reciprocal access to AS Clubs if memory serves me correctly, which tend to a slight step up on AC/UCs.

DL > AA > UA, that's how I'd rank them.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by GlobalMatt
It's important to note here that while they have said their entire fleet will be in use next month, that does not mean all routing will be back to the same capacity as before. MIA will certainly have more flights than JFK; for example, there are nearly half a dozen flights on 777s from MIA-LAX daily, whereas pre-Covid these aircraft would be used on international routes, and that route was flown by the 321 family.
Great point. All the planes will be flying - but the planes are sitting on the ground a lot more. Instead of a plane flying 8 times a day, it might fly 3 to 5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.