Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
Any news on when in Spring? I am flying international J through ORD next week and would use the Flagship Lounge if I could.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by ckendall
Any news on when in Spring? I am flying international J through ORD next week and would use the Flagship Lounge if I could.
Highly highly doubt it. Until the new lounge is open, I can't see them flooding the small FCL (FL) with people. It is already full.

Purely a guess - this switch will not happen until at least the new ORD and LAX FCL/FL are open. (And could be longer... until MIA/DFW etc come on board.)
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:08 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA CK (quit 2018), Starwood Platinum, National EXC Elite
I was in the JFK "Flagship" lounge on 4/22, awaiting AA177. What a zoo. This whole expanded access thing makes it far from "flagship" experience. Kids running around everywhere, lines for food, noisy. I retreated and went for a walk around the terminal and browsed the shops.

Now not sure if the "hoards" where due to "expanded" access, or if it just happened that all and sundry where there and I was just unfortunate. Also, wish they had more "lounge" type chairs too.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by prw555
I was in the JFK "Flagship" lounge on 4/22, awaiting AA177. What a zoo. This whole expanded access thing makes it far from "flagship" experience. Kids running around everywhere, lines for food, noisy. I retreated and went for a walk around the terminal and browsed the shops.

Now not sure if the "hoards" where due to "expanded" access, or if it just happened that all and sundry where there and I was just unfortunate. Also, wish they had more "lounge" type chairs too.
Weird, I don't recall ever hearing about such a zoo at the Flagship lounge, and AFAIK the current access to the "International First Class Lounge" has the same access policy as the old FL (i.e., 3-class F plus OW Emerald).
Is it possible access has been expanded to include all international (long-haul) business class pax? I doubt the difference could be the CX flights moving to T8, unless those are OWE-heavy, but I don't think the BA F lounge in T7 was ever that busy.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:24 am
Suspended

I was in the JFK "Flagship" lounge on 4/22, awaiting AA177. What a zoo. This whole expanded access thing makes it far from "flagship" experience.

...Now not sure if the "hoards" where due to "expanded" access..
Can't see how it could be.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP
Evenings in JFK would be peak FL demand, no?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
I have a mid-June J flight from ORD, and I will be shocked if FL access is ready to be offered.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Weird, I don't recall ever hearing about such a zoo at the Flagship lounge, and AFAIK the current access to the "International First Class Lounge" has the same access policy as the old FL (i.e., 3-class F plus OW Emerald).
Is it possible access has been expanded to include all international (long-haul) business class pax? I doubt the difference could be the CX flights moving to T8, unless those are OWE-heavy, but I don't think the BA F lounge in T7 was ever that busy.
I have never really seen unruly kids at the JFK FL before (or at the ORD/LAX FL) although there may have been well behaved kids that were minding their own business.

This must be related to the new expanded entry access with international business travelers. Are they able to invite guests traveling with them into the Flagship lounge - like their entire family? This happens more frequently at the AMEX Centurion lounges with kids running around everywhere, although they are limiting the number of guests at the AMEX Centurion lounges.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Weird, I don't recall ever hearing about such a zoo at the Flagship lounge, and AFAIK the current access to the "International First Class Lounge" has the same access policy as the old FL (i.e., 3-class F plus OW Emerald)
I've thought the same thing since the IFL opened

I've used it about 8 times now since December, not earlier than about 2.30pm and no later than about 7.30pm. It's often been heaving to the extent I have wondered why the Flagship Lounge never felt that way during the same hours.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 9:16 pm

I have - on occasion - seen the rowdy kids. In each case it was one group of travelers (two sets of parents) that seem to be very okay with their kids loud and running amuck. But it has been rare in the IFCL/FL.

Originally Posted by Time traveller
This must be related to the new expanded entry access with international business travelers. Are they able to invite guests traveling with them into the Flagship lounge - like their entire family? ...
I don't believe expanded access has happened yet.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:08 pm

I emailed AA about this, and this is what they responded.

"Thank you for contacting Admirals Club Member Services. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

At this time we do not have an opening date for the JFK Flagship Lounge. We have a targeted date for renovations to be completed sometimes in the second quarter of this year, but it may be a little later. Once completed customers traveling Business Class on flights that include eligible international cities to or from Europe, Asia, Central and South America and Mexico City only would have access. Other international destinations are excluded from this benefit.

We hope to be able to welcome you to the lounge in the near future ."
Old May 5, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Was there this last week. The lounge is done, the dining still has to be completed at JFK. Agents indicate

that it would be just a couple weeks till FD was open, but that they had no clue when J would get access.
Old May 5, 2017, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Agents indicate that it would be just a couple weeks till FD was open
Interesting...I'm flying through and using the IFCL in a couple of weeks, might ask if I can have a quick peek at the Flagship Dining even though I won't be eligible (domestic F itinerary).
Old May 11, 2017, 10:22 am

Flagship dining preview

American just introduced their flagship dining menu last night at some event space in NYC (check out their instagram stories). They also have a website on it. https://exploreamerican.com/flagshipfirstdining/

I don't know if this is a new website or what, but I just saw it for the first time today.
Old May 11, 2017, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by petey2428
American just introduced their flagship dining menu last night at some event space in NYC (check out their instagram stories). They also have a website on it. https://exploreamerican.com/flagshipfirstdining/

I don't know if this is a new website or what, but I just saw it for the first time today.
And scroll down for pictures/renderings of the new FL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.