Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2MM+, Marriott PLT, UA, National Exec
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Not quite correct... Only those in F will have access.

The current DFW one is not a real one, so don't presume the access rules will be the same. The official access policy for the new Flagship Dining program coming in Spring is this:

"First Class customers on American’s 3-class international and transcontinental flights will have exclusive, complimentary access to Flagship® First Dining."

No EXPs or OWEs.
Right. EXP's can get into the current non-real one at DFW. Forgot to mention that part - it's actually the only one I'm familiar with. I've been in there many times flying in various classes. Can't wait for the real one though!

Cheers.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by nrr
With the current stricter access rules (from personal experience)) JFK FL rebuilt/expanded lounge can be very crowded, will they have room for everyone when the less strict new rules kick in.
My wife and I were in the new FL in JFK two,weeks ago,and it is significantly larger than the previous lounge, with a better layout.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Flying as Platinum with AA from LHR to LAX and from LAX to LHR mid of march 2017 in J. Will I have Flagship Lounge acess in LHR and LAX (I know about the temporary Flagship Lounge in LAX)?
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:10 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Whopper
Flying as Platinum with AA from LHR to LAX and from LAX to LHR mid of march 2017 in J. Will I have Flagship Lounge acess in LHR and LAX (I know about the temporary Flagship Lounge in LAX)?
I don't think the new FL access rules are NOW in effect, Spring 2017 (March 20-June 20) is when they kick in.. EXACTLY when is unstated.
So until then Plats (flying in Y) are NOT (yet) eligible.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:11 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Whopper
I am wondering that, too. When will I have an access to Flagship Lounges on my international trip? Given that IAH and MCO clubs which were supposed to open late 2016 are not opened yet, the announcement “Spring 2017” can easily mean August 2017 or even November 2017…
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
AA is certainly following UA's changes with the Polaris Lounge, having a separate lounge for international travelers in F/J. However AA PLT and PLT Pro traveling in Y will probably benefit the most here. UA PLT/GLDs traveling on International Y do not have Polaris Lounge access.

AA (and UA) are trying to differentiate the AC (or UC) membership passengers vs the premium international passengers. It is just that AA is also rewarding AA PLT and OWS passengers.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:41 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Time traveller
It is just that AA is also rewarding AA PLT and OWS passengers.
And devaluing EXP's...
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
I've noticed that the FLs have been rebranded as "International First Class Lounges" at JFK, LAX, and LHR. Are these still "Flagship Lounges" when it comes to expanded access? If so, these places are going to be gangbusters.

Hopefully staff will be able to restrict to F/OWE pax on the basis of capacity when things are busy.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by brewdog11
I've noticed that the FLs have been rebranded as "International First Class Lounges" at JFK, LAX, and LHR. Are these still "Flagship Lounges" when it comes to expanded access? If so, these places are going to be gangbusters.

Hopefully staff will be able to restrict to F/OWE pax on the basis of capacity when things are busy.
They will be renamed back to FL's once the renovation is complete and dining has been installed.

ORD is moving to the 2nd floor below the existing AC which will give them more room. LAX is getting expanded at the expense of the already crowded AC. LHR probably isn't as big of a deal since Emeralds can go use the CX and BA lounges (for now).
Old Feb 21, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
They will be renamed back to FL's once the renovation is complete and dining has been installed.

ORD is moving to the 2nd floor below the existing AC which will give them more room. LAX is getting expanded at the expense of the already crowded AC. LHR probably isn't as big of a deal since Emeralds can go use the CX and BA lounges (for now).
That clears up my confusion. Thank you.

The LAX AC was an absolute madhouse last Friday evening. It almost made the terminal look more appealing since it was not possible to find a place to sit. OTOH, you could hear a pin drop in the IFCL.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by brewdog11

They probably will and I'm sure they are not looking forward to having that conversation with angry and entitled passengers.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Time traveller
AA is certainly following UA's changes with the Polaris Lounge, having a separate lounge for international travelers in F/J. However AA PLT and PLT Pro traveling in Y will probably benefit the most here. UA PLT/GLDs traveling on International Y do not have Polaris Lounge access.

AA (and UA) are trying to differentiate the AC (or UC) membership passengers vs the premium international passengers. It is just that AA is also rewarding AA PLT and OWS passengers.
You mean UA is following AA. AA announced this 4 months before UA announced Polaris.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I may be missing something, so please provide clarification. In late March, I'm flying to Cabo (SJD) from ATL via DFW in (what's marketed as) biz. Will I have lounge access per my ticket? I'm currently a lowly Gold...which doesn't amount to much nowadays; so I know that won't get me in.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:16 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AASavage
I may be missing something, so please provide clarification. In late March, I'm flying to Cabo (SJD) from ATL via DFW in (what's marketed as) biz. Will I have lounge access per my ticket? I'm currently a lowly Gold...which doesn't amount to much nowadays; so I know that won't get me in.
SJD is in Mexico which is in North America, so based on the details (on aa.com and in the WIKI) you will NOT have lounge access--Mexico City is the only NA exception (even if the NEW rules were in effect!)
Old Feb 21, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
SJD is in Mexico which is in North America, so based on the details (on aa.com and in the WIKI) you will NOT have lounge access--Mexico City is the only NA exception (even if the NEW rules were in effect!)
Alas, I thought I understood it that way. Thanks for the reply and clarification!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.