Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Guide to Flagship Lounge Access (expanded 2017) thru 2018

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2017, 8:29 pm

Programs: AA Pro;Ritz Carlton Ambassador;Hilton Silver: SPG Gold
While the new Flagship Lounges will be much larger, it's still ridiculous that Platinum and Platinum Pro get access . Now that they are adding the spend requirement how can it be fair that someone who spends $6K and someone who spend $12K get the same offerings? DisAApointing and insulting. US Airways Management needs to go, they've created enough damage already.
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:43 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jacca83
While the new Flagship Lounges will be much larger, it's still ridiculous that Platinum and Platinum Pro get access . Now that they are adding the spend requirement how can it be fair that someone who spends $6K and someone who spend $12K get the same offerings? DisAApointing and insulting. US Airways Management needs to go, they've created enough damage already.
I'm EXP until 1/31/18--so right now I can be "elitist" and agree with much of your post! Next year when I'm no longer EXP (since I will not have amassed $12K eqds), but can fall back on my lifetime plat status I'll be "singing a different tune".
Old Feb 27, 2017, 12:11 pm

AA Award ticket but on LATAM metal

Hi All,

I'm a little confused at this new access rule. I booked an award travel from Chicago to Lima using AA miles (ORD->EWR on AA domestic first, JFK->Lima on LATAM business). My flight is in June. Will I have access to the Flagship lounge at JFK even though I will be flying on LATAM business? Also, according to AA's award chart, Lima is considered South America 1, so would this qualify for the "deep South America" definition?

Thank you for your help!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:07 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by petey2428
Hi All,

I'm a little confused at this new access rule. I booked an award travel from Chicago to Lima using AA miles (ORD->EWR on AA domestic first, JFK->Lima on LATAM business). My flight is in June. Will I have access to the Flagship lounge at JFK even though I will be flying on LATAM business? Also, according to AA's award chart, Lima is considered South America 1, so would this qualify for the "deep South America" definition?

Thank you for your help!
Yes - only if the new rules goes into effect before your trip. AFAIK, they haven't rolled out the new rules yet.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hi All,

Thank you for your help!
Does LATAM depart Terminal 8? If not, you may be limited to the lounge used by LATAM.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi All,

Thank you for your help!
Lima is not considered Deep South America, but that's not relevant for lounge access anyway. All of South America is considered international for lounge access. It's only Mexico that is not considered international (with the exception of Mexico City).

As golfingboy mentioned, the new rules aren't in effect, which in practice is due to the fact that no "Flagship Lounge" exists at the moment anyway. The former FL's have been (temporarily) rebranded as International First Class Lounges. AA is supposed to START introducing the new FL's this "Spring", which I guess means potentially as late as June 20th. And I don't think we know whether that will include JFK. See wiki post at the top for more details, including a link.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Hi All,

Thank you for your help!
Slightly off-topic, but I hope you keep checking for award availability from ORD to JFK (or even LGA) to not have to transfer from EWR to JFK.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by nrr
I'm EXP until 1/31/18--so right now I can be "elitist" and agree with much of your post! Next year when I'm no longer EXP (since I will not have amassed $12K eqds), but can fall back on my lifetime plat status I'll be "singing a different tune".
Probable +1 to that!
Old Mar 11, 2017, 3:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by nrr
Ditto, since I'll hit 2MM this year.

Although I'm surprised to see PLT/PRO included, it sounds like the FL brand itself is being repositioned to be a combined J/F offering rather than F-only offering - for which the PLT/PRO/OWS additions make more sense. Given the declining number of F seats in the fleet, basically the J experience goes up a notch from the current AC experience and the F experience maybe stays the same but is less exclusive (except for Flagship Dining).

The separation between AC and FL actually reminds me of the difference between the QC/Qantas "Pub" and their Domestic Business/International lounges. Although QF still does do better differentiation with their F-only lounges in LAX, SYD, etc. -- their new concept for lounge revamps in BNE, SIN, HKG, LHR, etc. is a combined J/F lounge that is similar to the new FL setup.

http://www.caonstudio.com/qantassingapore/

Last edited by SpeedRicer; Mar 11, 2017 at 3:07 am
Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:29 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts relating to JFK B Admirals Club status have moved to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...er-thread.html.

/Moderator
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
does access apply to all three premium transcons or just those from/to JFK?
Does an EXP on LAX-MIA in business get access?
Old Apr 9, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
does access apply to all three premium transcons or just those from/to JFK?
Does an EXP on LAX-MIA in business get access?
If you carefully read the Wiki, both of your questions will be answered.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

i haven't been to a Flagship Lounge in years. But I have been to the wonderful OW business class lounge at TBIT at LAX. Anyone been to both, and can compare them? Will int'l business class travelers at LAX on AA not "feel the need" to wander over to TBIT anymore for the "far-better lounge", once they can access the Flagship Lounge in T4?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
i haven't been to a Flagship Lounge in years. But I have been to the wonderful OW business class lounge at TBIT at LAX. Anyone been to both, and can compare them? Will int'l business class travelers at LAX on AA not "feel the need" to wander over to TBIT anymore for the "far-better lounge", once they can access the Flagship Lounge in T4?
OW Lounge in TBIT was far nicer than old Flagship in LAX, IMO.

Flagship is currently being renovated, so currently it's not even a comparison (OWL is far far far nicer than temporary area).
Old Apr 11, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by oysterhead43
OW Lounge in TBIT was far nicer than old Flagship in LAX, IMO.

Flagship is currently being renovated, so currently it's not even a comparison (OWL is far far far nicer than temporary area).
I suppose tastes can vary quite a bit, but to me the OW lounge was inferior to the old Flagship in several ways. I found the OW lounge pretty dark and crowded (at least when I visited). I was a little surprised that although the food offerings seemed more substantial than what was typically offered in the old Flagship, nothing looked appealing to me. Another consideration is that if one has any issues with their flights, the Flagship agents are excellent in sorting them out. The OW folks can't do much for you. That said, I'd take take the OW Lounge in a heartbeat over the current half-assed Flagship.

If the LAX remodel ends up anything like the JKF Flagship (International Premium Lounge?) then it could end up approaching the Qantas First (my current favorite hangout), although smaller and with a likely better view.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.